Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#397078 30/12/09 06:56 AM
OP Offline
Just wanted to say thanks for a challenging, yet very rewarding RPG that has perfect pacing and a wonderful world to explore. You truly feel like you earn every inch in this game, in that every level you gain feels like such a reward. If anything, that is this game's strong suit and I love it.

Indeed, this one is going to take me a while to beat, and I would not have it any other way. A much bigger and deeper game than I was expecting and it is going to be worth every cent. Divinity II is a real gem.

Last edited by ironcreed; 30/12/09 06:57 AM.
old hand
old hand
Glad you like it.

It's a nice change from all the people that only post their complaints.

addict
addict
I knew you'd come around. And much like you, I also came around. Picked up my copy yesterday for $39.99. They gave me $20 for Fairytale Fights,which is what I paid for it, so good good. Great game. Very rewarding. But it needs a patch.

And thank you, Larian.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
OP Offline
Knew I would come around? I have been waiting on this game for months, lol. I thought I might wait and pick it up later when I first played the demo, but after playing it the second time, I was hooked. I have been sold on this game for awhile, regardless. At any rate, glad I finally have it. Have fun, man. smile

Last edited by ironcreed; 30/12/09 07:01 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ironcreed
I thought I might wait and pick it up later

Bingo!

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Libertarian
Originally Posted by ironcreed
I thought I might wait and pick it up later

Bingo!

Yeah, that consideration lasted all but a night. The game was still a buy for me, regardless of when. As I said, I have already been sold on it for months already. There was no, "coming around" in regards to my decision of getting the game.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
it's not coming out in canada till jan/5 mad but its getting closer and closer....

Last edited by Freewheeler; 30/12/09 07:42 PM.

If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.
S
stranger
stranger
S
This game reminds me of the next step in the Ultima series. I loved Ultima 9 warts and all and this is a huge improvement on many of the things they tried to do. You get a sense of adventure, of RPG and of action in one game.

PLUS much like Ultima 9 this baby needs a patch big time.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Also wanted to add my thanks and appreciation to Larian. This is truly a fantastic game, a bit buggy but all in all it's really great. Please keep up the good work, there are so few people making good rpg games like this anymore.

journeyman
journeyman
I'll add my thanks as well. I was a little unsure at first about the game after the demo but I grew to like it and the full game is not disappointing at all. Got my character up to level 9 and I'm loving the game so far. Graphics are good, I like the item system, combat is fun & challenging, exploring the world is addicting plus all the little Larian touches. Haven't really seen any bugs as of yet in the PC version. A few things that I don't like though...

1. The animation of NPCs in conversations. They move around too much and it looks silly at times.

2. No fog of war. Would be nice to have a clearer idea of where you've been.

3. I would like to be able to see enemy levels from a further distance. Don't like having to get close enough to aggro them to find out their level.

Last edited by Killbomb; 31/12/09 08:07 AM.
Support
Support

Apparently the character animations get toned down quite a bit as the game progresses.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I stopped playing this 2 hours in, and switched to Assassins Creed 2. Came back, got hooked and ended up finishing it twice.

I loved the story and the twist at the end was completely shocking, in a good way. Most game endings have become cliche, its good to have something different now and again.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Just wanted to say what great rpg you guys made. Really truly epic and immersive. I have been playing rpgs for a very very long time and there are are not too many that are that great. In the last couple of years only Dark Messiah of Might&Magic and Mass Effect are in the same vein. Fantastic art design and music. What a soundtrack!!! you have make it available to the public please. the whole world is Brilliant!!!!.

ONE word : THANK YOU

Ps:There are faults of course, but bugger them.

GAME IS STELLAR!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS

that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
veteran
veteran
Thank you for the nice words, it's heartwarming for the entire team smile

stranger
stranger
Loving this game also!!!

I think it's a mix of fallout 3, Fable and dragon age smile

Hopefully it will sell good for you guys!

apprentice
apprentice
I loved the game, great storyline!

Now go make an expension! kk ty wink

-------
You don't know what you got, Till it's gone.
-------
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lunainin
Now go make an expension! kk ty wink

Indeed gogo make something for the fan smile good game guys so keep up the good work!

A
stranger
stranger
A
I wanted to say something with regards to your sales promotion of the game as well. (UK). It doesn't exist . Whoever is distributing it over here hasn't spent a penny. I MEAN A PENNY. With this product and game world you created you should be competing with Dragon Age. I know that you are a small studio and this is your breakthrough project but you have a winner here. i think you need to get a big publisher(money behind) on board ,get it on STEAM do Lots with it. It has so much potential.I don't work in game industry but this should be turned into a successful hit. A COMMERCIAL success not just for the fan boys, like your previous 2 titles.
just like MASS EffECT.

I really hope you sell LOADS IN USA.I WANT YOU TO.
The industry is creaking under the multitude of open ended rpgs but just like MASS EFFECT before and YOU now it shows that when you have solid story and coherent world you have a winner.
It shows that you put lots of love in this game
It would be great to be able to play DIVINITY 3 sooner than in 5 years time.

that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
D
Del Offline
stranger
stranger
D
I'm still in the Broken Valley but am loving the game so far. It's the best action crpg since The Witcher in my opinion. And although a different play-style than Dragon Age, Divinity II has held my attention much more! I hope it sells well and leads to an expansion. Cheers!

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by lynn
Thank you for the nice words, it's heartwarming for the entire team smile

A while back at the Multi-Mania event in Kortrijk I witnessed a playtest of the game by Swen and after seeing it I walked up to him in doubt, asking him why I should play this game because for me it totally resembled fable (he showed us a funny quest). He replied that they aimed for a a different audience, that it was less casual as well and that you could turn into a dragon and all.

Still...I was in doubt though, but thought I'd buy the game on release anyways (support your local developers wink ) and I'm actually quite surprised how things turned out.
I was expecting the game to be just ok...
The first few hours were kind of generic but then it began to have it's own warm atmosphere and the quests were well thought of and the whole 'universe' feels believable. The humor is way better than fable and the choices you have to make are much, much tougher and personal than in fable...
Kinda silly because they always advertise Fable as "every choice, a change, blabla", I think in comparison to Divnity2 it's a big fail :p

***!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!*** Like in the battletower, that you could only choose 4 out of 8 people and the rest had to die, that was really tough... Because every charactar had... character :p

Basically what I'm saying is that they did a very good job on bringing an unique feel to the whole game, it's very immersive and I'm glad I bought it wink

Last edited by Chimeray; 05/01/10 11:45 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard