Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#398526 05/01/10 09:10 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So i just entered the place at lvl 30. Seems fine. But all the mind eaters and stuff just destory me in seconds with thier overpowered abilitys. Im at the very first part when you first enter the area where u had your dream sequence. I tried everything, dashing around with an occasional fire sphere, potion spam but no luck. Any ideas or ways to get past this? I really hate how im stuck here.

old hand
old hand
Since you say you just level 30, maybe just come back later after gaining few more levels? I dont think you had finish all the flying fortresses yet at lvl30.

If you dont want to level up, then just learn how to steer your dragon better to avoid as many damage as you can.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ok so i got past that part easy and the arena was easy as pie..... now as the paladins..... yikes... Any strategy's to try other then summon ghost and run around occasionaly hitting everyone?

Last edited by Grim_Serg; 05/01/10 10:21 PM.
old hand
old hand
Well I dont know bout your build and gears, but honestly your level might pull you down, since you will be taking more damage when few level lower than the enemies, as I remember divine is at lvl34.

I kill him easily solo without any creature or summoning, with less than 5 hp potions. Therefore I really cant suggest an appropriate strategy to you. You can either decide to take down the divine 1st, which should the 1 which inflict most damage to you or take down those summoner and healers paladin. Use your summon and necromantic creature to help you with the fight

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by ACSS
Well I dont know bout your build and gears, but honestly your level might pull you down, since you will be taking more damage when few level lower than the enemies, as I remember divine is at lvl34.

I kill him easily solo without any creature or summoning, with less than 5 hp potions. Therefore I really cant suggest an appropriate strategy to you. You can either decide to take down the divine 1st, which should the 1 which inflict most damage to you or take down those summoner and healers paladin. Use your summon and necromantic creature to help you with the fight

I dont know what game you have been playing but it for sure not the same as i have done. i had my pet out and he have 2.8k hp and they used less then 5 seconds to kill him, i was lvl 34 when i killed them. i used +40 potions and i had 937hp, evade talents max out, talents in defensive posture and had talents in potions, best gear that have been droping for me with bests enchantes and charmes. my way to kill them was for them to kill them self so i charmed the adds and kite'd and helped out when i thought it was safe from polymorph, stun attacks and sleep. just standig still in a corner was impossible for me since they never whent under 50% they always healed, and the incomeing dmg was to high from the group to take, even with max out life leech and enchant on my sword and spaming healt potion. when the adds was down it was easy enough. the divine was oom after 1-2 minuts fight with him alone so no more heals, and zandalar was hideing behind a pillar so i didnt have to worry about him.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Vesla

I dont know what game you have been playing but it for sure not the same as i have done. i had my pet out and he have 2.8k hp and they used less then 5 seconds to kill him, i was lvl 34 when i killed them. i used +40 potions and i had 937hp, evade talents max out, talents in defensive posture and had talents in potions, best gear that have been droping for me with bests enchantes and charmes. my way to kill them was for them to kill them self so i charmed the adds and kite'd and helped out when i thought it was safe from polymorph, stun attacks and sleep. just standig still in a corner was impossible for me since they never whent under 50% they always healed, and the incomeing dmg was to high from the group to take, even with max out life leech and enchant on my sword and spaming healt potion. when the adds was down it was easy enough. the divine was oom after 1-2 minuts fight with him alone so no more heals, and zandalar was hideing behind a pillar so i didnt have to worry about him.

1st of all I dont know your build, your defense and your skills. That is what I experience when facing him at lvl 35. All my defense reach 60%+ with the use of potions. Those paladin hit me for crap damage even I try set difficulty to high. With 2 to 3 points in potion mastery, my rank 10 hp pots heals me fully when my hp manage to drop to 50%, when I had 807 hp. My weapon damage is 561-682 + (290-290). With rank 1 battle rage, it reach 643-782 for normal damage. With rank 10 thousand strike, my crit damage on divine reach above 1k. If half of the hits turn out to be critical, he usually just lay dead on the ground. If he survived, a few more whack and his gone, where I usually kill him 1st over the others, since he will usually rush to me asking to die. My char is a critical dual wield warrior. My evade just rank 1 from ultring set if not mistake, as I see the increment is extremely little even has high rank on it. I can upload the save and you can go try it out if you really want to.

PS: oh ya you mentioned on the pet creature, my 1st try on medium difficulty, I went in together will my pet as well. As like you mentioned, my pet just die extremely fast, so I didnt bother on summon it anymore.

Last edited by ACSS; 06/01/10 07:42 AM.
stranger
stranger
I can upload the save and you can go try it out if you really want to.

dont worry m8, i'm over my high deffense warrior. i will guess i did to little dps to do it like you did, anyway im playing an archer now smile

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Vesla
I can upload the save and you can go try it out if you really want to.

dont worry m8, i'm over my high deffense warrior. i will guess i did to little dps to do it like you did, anyway im playing an archer now smile

Actually I also started an archer in high difficulty, but still just level 5. Bit lazy now to move on, but I guess archer will be more fun, as has more active skill and aoe skills to spam over warrior. In term of defensive, I think it wont differ much by class by end game when fully equipped. Maybe there will be damage difference, which affected mainly by weapon.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard