Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ghigi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Divinity II is now on Steam at an affordable price of 17,99€ (until Jan 12th).
Problem is that the game is in german only, according to the game data provided by Steam.

Any official comment from Larian/dtp ? Is this true or maybe a mistake of the Steam folks ?

Last edited by Ghigi; 06/01/10 09:41 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I'd like to know as well. It seems odd that they would put a German only version up on the (general) EU and US stores, but it does indeed only say "Languages: German".

M
stranger
stranger
M
I just took the chance and bought it, hoping it was just an error in the description. I'm getting around 2 MB/s on the download, so I'm at 8% already.
I'll report back when I've confirmed if the game is indeed in English. If not I'm screwed, because my German is far too rusty for a task like this - hell, I'd be surprised if I can string together more than a couple of sentences these days :), although I can probably still understand a bit more if I'm reading or listening.

I
stranger
stranger
I
18 Euros! your'e lucky I have to pay 45 Dollars even though I live in Europe!

18 Eruos = 26 Dollars

Last edited by ic4ruz; 06/01/10 01:37 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I am in the U.S. and downloaded on steam and it is in English. The only place that I see German is associated with the trailers.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Yep, it's in English alright - and so far the voice acting is much better than I had dared hope for a game from a small developer (although given that I've only talked to seven or eight people in the game so far, it might be a little early to judge - but as long as they haven't pulled an Oblivion, not exactly a budget title, where they seemed to have around a grand total of five voice actors for several hundred minor NPCs).

N
nwf Offline
stranger
stranger
N
Hey Miths, what version is the game client on steam? Looking at picking it up but if it's not 1.03 I don't want to get left out in the rain on patches like I did for sacred 2. You can get a hold of me on steam via my profile if you want

thanks

M
stranger
stranger
M
It says v1.3.15.112 on the main menu screen.

N
nwf Offline
stranger
stranger
N
Much appreciated

stranger
stranger
I clicked buy immediately but didn't notice it was in German!! Damn it!

Also, Steam said it's only 900MB? That's odd. It's supposed to be 9GB. Is steam downloading the demo? :|

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Snow
I clicked buy immediately but didn't notice it was in German!! Damn it!

Also, Steam said it's only 900MB? That's odd. It's supposed to be 9GB. Is steam downloading the demo? :|

Sorry guys, it is downloading the full game! Ignore my stupidity. :p

Does anyone know how long the game is? I hope it's as long as Dragon Age.

W
stranger
stranger
W
What Steam means is that the game is also voiced in German. Steam is assuming you know that the game is voiced in English.

And, Snow, Steam misreported the file size for me also. The game is a good solid 9 gigabytes in size, but Steam informed me that Divinity 2 was just a little over 900 megabytes and that my download would be finished in 30 minutes.

I'm downloading now, and this, for me, is going to be a good long 18 hour process. Can't wait to play this thing tomorrow night. If it's as good as the demo, then it'll be a real winner.

stranger
stranger
18 hours?! Wow. Mine is finished now. I DL a game typically in 2-3 hours. smile Good job I started at like 5AM lol.

Also good to know about the German thing. It's just I've never seen it say "Languages:German" before, but you've put my mind at ease.

Ghigi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by WabeWalker
What Steam means is that the game is also voiced in German. Steam is assuming you know that the game is voiced in English.

Honestly, when I see Languages = German I think the only localization is in german, considering the fact that there is a german dubbbing out there, the information should be fixed.

W
stranger
stranger
W
It's been fixed.

It now says English, German.

old hand
old hand
I just noticed that the US version is rated 17+... why?? It's 12+ in Europe.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard