Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
I know this will be a contentious point, and I've only just become a dragon knight so maybe the point to this will become clear later. But I just fail to see the point of being able to transform. Utterly. I'm in the Fjords, trying to get past an army of some really excruciatingly tough enemies, and being able to turn into a dragon and attack them from the air would really help out. But you can't! For some inexplicable reason they disappear when you take dragon form. Turn back into human form and they they all are! WTF?!

And if you take dragon form you have to contend with some serious anti dragon defenses that would have simply ignored you if you'd remained in human form. So would someone please tell me what the point is? Sure it's fun, and ok there's one of two high ledges that you have to fly to... but is that the only benefit?

You can't even bypass enemies by flying over them because of those force fields. The devs seem to have carefully designed the area to ENSURE that taking dragon form would not help you one tiny bit.

When I first read about this game the whole dragon thing sounded like little more than a gimick, and so far I've been right.

Last edited by Phil5000; 06/01/10 04:18 AM.
old hand
old hand
Dragon form just another way to access certain areas in the game. You can say it as a gimmick, yet still you need to fight another group of aerial enemies while in dragon form. If you just burn every thing on the ground, then what the point of human form and its skills? Your situation is more like you are frustrated due to being stuck without knowing how to proceed on. As for those anti dragon force field, there is way to disable it. Turn into the dragon and learn how to observe your surroundings.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yeah - it is a bit of a gimmick - but there are certain areas which were designed specifically for dragon form that you couldn't otherwise access.

apprentice
apprentice
It's mainly for getting around. There are airborne enemies and the odd boss to fight in your dragon form.
A shame you can't burn the foes on the ground...but that would make it too easy i suppose smirk I'd love to toast some clusters of Blackring. Let out some steam you know? xD
I love "Drakengard" because of the fact you can fly low enough to kill all ground units.

Let us swim in this sea of fire, and hope that the demons of doubt do not drown us.

xbox360 GamerTag- Bazomanda
P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by ACSS
As for those anti dragon force field, there is way to disable it. Turn into the dragon and learn how to observe your surroundings.

You're absolutely right there, I missed that. I've taken them down now so I CAN actually fly over all those imps. So that's good.

But as for the flying enemies, it's kind of my point because they don't attack you if you're in human form. So it's a case of you can only kill them if you take dragon form, but you only NEED to kill them if you take dragon form.

But it's fun anyway so what the hell.

I would prefer it with a bigger city I can visit now and then, Broken Valley was way bigger and 1 of 2 zones. No Dragon Form and no battle tower, I love being the Adventurer who makes his way to fame, not turning into a dragon and owning the dragon towers and that shit frown

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Chrol
I would prefer it with a bigger city I can visit now and then, Broken Valley was way bigger and 1 of 2 zones. No Dragon Form and no battle tower, I love being the Adventurer who makes his way to fame, not turning into a dragon and owning the dragon towers and that shit frown

That how the story being plotted. If you really dont like it, you can always quit the game :hihi:

Divinie Divinity is soo much better smile

And soooo different. wink

But I think it's a better game too, when comparing each game to other games you could buy at the time they were released. I really is a time and place thing.

Last edited by Willlem; 08/01/10 11:57 PM.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard