Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
I had purchased Div 2 back in Nov of last year and like many of you have been patiently waiting for the upcoming 1.3 patch to resolve issues.

I noticed today that Steam now has Div 2 available for purchase and rumor has it that it includes patch 1.3.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1100172

Not to sound like a irate customer but if this true and/or is confirmed then shouldn't Larian have resolved this first for the initial customers that had purchased the retail version before trying to make a buck in the download version?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Indeed the North American Divinity II version has an own patch.
BUT: This is not the so called "super patch", which we are currently preparing and which will bring all language versions on a same patch level.
The "super patch" ist currently in testing and will be officially released by us (Larian & dtp).

dtp's Content & Community Manager
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
so I am running 1.0.12, Steam d/l edition is running a newer version that is 1.3, and then there is a super patch as well?

I know from other official posts that 1.3 was in QA in early Dec'09 so why did it go directly to Steam and now there is this Super Patch?

It upsets me that Larian is more concerned about making that extra buck then helping those customers that have bought it months ago!! Thanks for the awesome customer service Larian!! shame

Support
Support

Every new release contained updates and fixes made since the previous releases. Being the last release, the North American versions is the most up to date. A patch will be released quite soon (they said they were hoping to get it out this week) to bring all other localizations up to the North American release (what was referred to as the super patch).

Steam doesn't have the 1.03 version due to any kind of bias; they got the latest version because they released it later.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by rhiggins
so I am running 1.0.12, Steam d/l edition is running a newer version that is 1.3, and then there is a super patch as well?

I know from other official posts that 1.3 was in QA in early Dec'09 so why did it go directly to Steam and now there is this Super Patch?

It upsets me that Larian is more concerned about making that extra buck then helping those customers that have bought it months ago!! Thanks for the awesome customer service Larian!! shame

+1.

Support
Support

Again, Steam doesn't have the 1.03 version due to any kind of bias; they got the latest version because they released it later. All other localizations will get a patch soon to bring them up to date.

If it were just up to Larian the patch could have been released awhile ago.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I'm a little confused...is the patch that is going to be released later this week going to bring all other versions of the game up to par with the current North American release only, or will this patch improve the North American release and every other version? I'm hoping the latter, because I have purchased the North American release on the 5th, and there are still a few serious bugs it came with right out of the box, namely non-functioning AA and the non-compatibility with 1680x1050 resolution.

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
I understand what you are stating Raze but technically I (and a lot of others) bought DV2 first! So before any new release I would have fixed what was broken for the existing users.

Lets pretend for a moment you take your car into the shop for repairs and the owner informs you that it will be fixed very soon. After time passes and you are told to keep patient then I come in for the same problem get my car fixed and now I can zoom away while you are still left waiting.... tell me you are not going to be upset right? crazy

Support
Support

Wily-weasel;
When first mentioned the patch was intended to bring every other release up to the NA release version. I don't know if they have added anything since then, or how quickly they are going to followup with another patch.
There are a couple topics with tips for people who have had trouble with higher resolutions.

Rhiggins;
There are various publishers and distributors involved with the release of the different localizations and patches, and Microsoft has its own procedures for the Xbox version (which carries over to the PC version, as well, if there is a planned simultaneous release).
While it would be nice if the people who bought the game first got the patch first, there is no way to plan in advance how many bugs are going to show up or how long they will take to fix. Once a release date is set and distributors start making orders, etc, there is no practical way to delay a particular release until a previous version gets a certain patch, especially when the patch is based on the gold version of the next release.

I will not even be able to get the game (Xbox version) until tomorrow. Should I be mad that everyone else got to play it first (barring critical bugs) and Canada was last? I've been waiting for half a year since the original summer release estimate was pushed back and then every other localization came out, and most people were able to play, even if the game wasn't perfect. I don't feel too bad about getting an updated version a couple days before you will get a patch (I'd be fine if the patch came out first, though).

Your car analogy isn't quite the same situation. Let's say a new car is released in a limited market. A flaw is found, and corrected in the production line before it gets ramped up to provide cars across the whole country. Would you say that no new cars could be sold until every one of the original production run got retrofitted with a fix?

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard