Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
I was enjoying the game up to now. I found it challenging but if I found the going too tough in one particular area I just did something else.

But I've just arrived in the Fjords and I'm stuck. I can't go into the cave under the waterfall because I can't get past those skeletons. I can't get anywhere in the necromancers cave because of the creatures. I can't get down the valley because of all those imps along the beach. What am I supposed to do?

Maybe I've gimped myself with my character choices. I'm level 21 focussing on a fighter/ranger combination. Maybe that's where I've gone wrong. My Vitality is 31, Spirit 6, Strength 30, Dexterity 26 and Intelligence 15. I've only just noticed that some warrior and ranger skills require mana (why is that by the way?) so I haven't been developing my Spirit or Intelligence.

I've made full use of charms and enchanting, fully equipped with mostly green items, maxed out with charms and enchantments. But still I'm getting my ass handed to me at every turn.

So am I just totally stuffed?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
No, I also had this happened to me.

I got a tip from another player, saying I should go down the beach (behind the nest towers) and kill the Black Ring there. Then, go to the teleporter on the left of the 2 nest towers, a bit above, and then use the teleport there to get into the Bunker. Take out Lord John and Lady Kara there, go upstairs, either choose to kill the 2 Black Ring up there or choose to spare them and be able to buy items from them (I chose this one). Then, flick the 3 levers in the room of those 2 Black Ring, and most of the sheilds in the Orabas Fjords will be taken down, and then you will be able to access most of the areas and quests. smile

"Never Try, Never Fail."
old hand
old hand
Mind telling what your skill distribution? Also bout your gears, what your defensive power as well your weapons and creature stats. I find no problem at your level in fjords with the help of my creature and demon, where I am a pure warrior. You wont actually see much effects from charms this early, where your stats still not very high.

apprentice
apprentice
I had to level up till i was at lvl 26. I went to brokenVally and took out the dragon defences and a couple teams of black ring, got out of there before they could screw me over (gotta love the D-stone), then did the same to a couple of the flying fortresses. (not that i can defeat the bosses).
The imps would have been impossible for me along the beach at a low level as there is just so many.

Let us swim in this sea of fire, and hope that the demons of doubt do not drown us.

xbox360 GamerTag- Bazomanda
P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Thanks very much for the replies. I've sunk my points into one handed weapon, summon undead, rush attack and one or two ranger skills that work automatically like evade and ranger strength. I'm wondering if I should have learned sword and shield instead, but there shields are just so big and goofy looking.

I made my creature a fighter (don't really want to list all his stats and stuff) and made him with the best pieces I could find so far. I use him and a summoned undead a lot but they're not really much help. They tend to run around not knowning who to attack, and the enemy invariably ignore them and pile on me.

I managed to clear out the first mine you come to. It took about three hours. I'd get through what I assumed was the last group of enemies only to find there's yet another one to go, and another.

Could you just tell me if the game is like this from now on because I'm quitting if it is. It's not my idea of fun.

Thanks again.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
hmm lvl 20 and its hard ?? o0 common
few rulez

sword + shield sux
rush atack = 1 point to fast catch archers
dont put points in vit
if ur meale use int/str only
use magic/meale weapons not strict meale
get at last one aoe spell if ur fighter wall of fire works gr8
PUT ATRI points in 2 ATRI only mine end lvl toon got 50 str 50 int 20 vit 20 dex 10 wis r something with all bonuses from items and i end with 600 hp + and 60 meale/magic resists and 30 ranged

summon undead sux on beginign train summon ghost and after u got your tower and u got big enought lvl untrain ghost for demon , your creature as meale sux he got shitty damage, best is with hight lvl fireball invest with hight magic damage arms best are magic + male + hp arms but are rare on end your creature can get 3 k hp and with hight lvl spells he can solo baal lol

the main rule is if something looks to strong propbly it is
the begining on fiords can be hard expecially if u becme dragon on lvl 17 so ur rly underleveled
the solution is to jump down to water and kill this imps on bitch use f key alot to drink potions in that time i used like 30 potions to make myself some lvls dont worry if u got problems with cash buy best gear for your gem hunter an send him for diamonds repeat diamon run like 10 times u got 20 k of gold becouse u can sell it for 200 to this 2 guys in fortress if u dont kill them of course mind read them to got best price after that u can simply buy enought potions to drink them non stop if ur short on cash just reapeat diamond rush . making potions is useless becouse is much faster to just sell diamonds with best gear this gem runer bring 12 dimons a run u can make like 10 runs a minute dependan of how fast is your pc

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Phil5000
Thanks very much for the replies. I've sunk my points into one handed weapon, summon undead, rush attack and one or two ranger skills that work automatically like evade and ranger strength. I'm wondering if I should have learned sword and shield instead, but there shields are just so big and goofy looking.

I made my creature a fighter (don't really want to list all his stats and stuff) and made him with the best pieces I could find so far. I use him and a summoned undead a lot but they're not really much help. They tend to run around not knowning who to attack, and the enemy invariably ignore them and pile on me.

I managed to clear out the first mine you come to. It took about three hours. I'd get through what I assumed was the last group of enemies only to find there's yet another one to go, and another.

Could you just tell me if the game is like this from now on because I'm quitting if it is. It's not my idea of fun.

Thanks again.

Ok i assumed you are more to warrior build in this case. There are total of 4 weapons wielding type, where 1 hand has the worst damage increment even when you max 1 hand mastery to rank 13. Sword and shield will provide you more damage as compare to just 1 hand weapon, 36% vs 76% when both max out, and sword and shield will increase your shield's armor rating. I actually just check the numbers by using some old save to reskill and confirm of the damage increment. So if you decide to go for 1 hand weapon only, then choose sword and shield over just 1 handed mastery. Dual wield and 2 handed weapons will provide you more damage if you decide to pick damage over defense. My suggestion will be to go for dual wield, as you will gain extra stats points through the 2nd weapon, as well as charm slots and enchantment slot.

And regarding your skills, if you decided on warrior path, focus more on warrior skill. You wont need skill like ranger strength if you are not a bow user. When your skills is too scatter, you can hardly deal high damage like this.

As for creature, I havent actually try the fighter type. But when compare to ranger and mage type, I found that mage type is extremely powerful, and I stick to it since I found that out. With creature head that come with high level magic, dragon elf head, my creature can easily 1 hit ko any mob in fjord with magic blast. You can try looking for good mage head and use creature hand that boost magic damage. I sure you will see the difference. As for summons, I didnt use any summons beside demon, which only can be learn at lvl20 if not mistake.

If you feel that you are taking alot damage, you should start altering your gears through your enchanter in battle tower. Try to have all your resistance over 40% and you should be doing fine. Enchant your weapons too if possible to max out damage.

I not sure what you encounter during your dungeon tour, but sometimes its just so because of the story plot. There are still a lot mob waiting ahead for you to slaughter in fjords, as you are consider in the early stage of fjords only. Dont hesitates to use potions, as they are easy to make with your alchemy. I had written down some steps for potion brewing trick before, try dig that up and you wont have much problem with potions anymore.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
acss imho 2 h ?? duals becouse 2 h can easy hit everything around u and is extremally usefull with fatality also the % output is rly rly good

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by marcusdavidus
acss imho 2 h ?? duals becouse 2 h can easy hit everything around u and is extremally usefull with fatality also the % output is rly rly good

1st of all, my 2 handed sword wont do any aoe damage as you claimed, unless I use aoe skill such as whirlwind. Secondly, my fatality doesnt work as the way you claim as well. And beside that, I can kill the divine in 1 thousand strike in high difficulty by dual wield without using any fatality bug.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
patch man patch in 1.03 weapons hit multiple targets 2 h sword rule becouse in one swing can hit 3 mobs easly

u mean that guy who hit u for 10 on the end of game ? hmm intresting ^^

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by marcusdavidus
patch man patch in 1.03 weapons hit multiple targets 2 h sword rule becouse in one swing can hit 3 mobs easly

u mean that guy who hit u for 10 on the end of game ? hmm intresting ^^

There is only german patch till 1.02 available to download on larian official site, which you can find it here http://www.larian.com/d2_support.php. There is an auto update feature in the game folder and it stated my game is up to date.

Last edited by ACSS; 07/01/10 03:08 AM.
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
polish version is 1.30 )(exacly is 1.30 not 1.03 i dont understood all this shiet but i dont need to maybe ) is based partially propably on the new patch that will come for us version but i rly don know becouse they make alot of mess with all that shiet
all i know in polish version is implemented every thing this guy from larian post in new patch topic .

Last edited by marcusdavidus; 07/01/10 04:03 AM.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I have taken out all of the nests and ballistas but I can not get to the portal to get into the bunker how do I reach it help please.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tlope
I have taken out all of the nests and ballistas but I can not get to the portal to get into the bunker how do I reach it help please.

Try fly around the force field area and look carefully, you shouldnt miss the teleporting device.

old hand
old hand
Those groups of imps on the long way from the beach to High Hall can indeed be challenging. But it's the best way to level up if you're around level 20.

If you have some ranks in Fireball/Firewall/magic missile, though, and some potions it's doable.

old hand
old hand
Your gears and skills will determine your fate. Those goblins aint tough with appropriate gears and skills. My creature can kos any 1 of them using magic blast.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I went to Kalis flying fortress at level 21 and just took out the ballistas and nests and I am now level 24.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Luciano121
I went to Kalis flying fortress at level 21 and just took out the ballistas and nests and I am now level 24.

You will soon find that you love ballistas and nests more when you level higher.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard