Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
reaver894 #398897 06/01/10 10:32 PM
Support
Support

Latest word on the patch was they were hoping to release it this week.

Lar_q #398900 06/01/10 10:34 PM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
Originally Posted by Zwei
guess everyone is on vacation...

Are developers not allowed holidays too?

Or should they have to sacrifice their own time over the festive season to satisfy your own selfish needs?

Hum, i worked this week-end because a couple of my customers couldnt use our custom-made accounting software last week so that this week they could use it. Is it that hard to believe the devs could work on vacation-time because a few thousands customers couldnt use their software?

Dunno perhaps my company works too much, or values the customers too much instead.

So because you did it so should everyone else.

Right.

They spend enough time in their offices developing games as it is, I think they're entitled to spend some time with their families etc if they wish to during the Christmas season. Especially seems the patch is in Q&A/Certification anyway.

ok ok people. please calm down. they do deserve a break and i agree with that but with some many people threatening to never buy from them again and atleast 3 different versions of the game NOT working, they may not be able to get a vacation. its the sacrifice you make when you become a graphic designer (the way i see it.)

Originally Posted by Kein
Originally Posted by KraczyKruk
Is this 1.3 patch or something new? Because I have Polish version of D2 and already have 1.3 patch.

There is no 1.3 patch. It's 1.03. Polish version has some fixes in it, but not all.

yea...i forgot that they do the 03 thing with it. lol

Originally Posted by Lar_q
Trust me, it's frustrating as hell for us too - I remember when we could build patches and release them the next day, allowing us to react very fast to whatever problems were encountered and quickly helping out if something went wrong. Now, for a million reasons, everything takes eternities before it gets from us to you.

Thx for letting us know about the patch!
i kinda understand where you r coming from. you get one thing fixed and another pops up. if im not getting it feel free to correct me. lol thx again for the hard work!

America...
Lar_q #398907 06/01/10 10:59 PM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
any plans to fix lvl 30 god mode issue ? cuz after u hit magic 30 ur invicible and is borring when baal make u around 10 damage and some fixes to random generator was be nice too i dont want say anything but magic trader in captil got 25 bigest poison recipes and 25 bigest str etc lool

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
idk if they fixed that in the patch but u can only hope

America...
reaver894 #398921 07/01/10 12:34 AM
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
If we patch, will we need to start a new game? My version is 1.0.12.... The patcher says no new patches.

KraczyKruk #398932 07/01/10 01:20 AM
veteran
veteran
I've have it since mid December.

So? As I said - it's in-game version, not the patch one. For example, patch 1.02 was for 1.0.13.xx and after installation of that patch is still was 1.0.13.xx

Kein #398942 07/01/10 01:37 AM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R

So? As I said - it's in-game version, not the patch one. For example, patch 1.02 was for 1.0.13.xx and after installation of that patch is still was 1.0.13.xx

i agree. i may not know much about how people design games but there will always be an update in the beginning. or atleast for the newer games like this one. ^_^

cant wait for the fix patch to come out! im just so excited!!!

America...
Lar_q #399098 07/01/10 02:46 PM
stranger
stranger
what is this patch then?

http://tinyurl.com/y92lrbj

or this one

http://www.gamershell.com/news_89086.html

sorry if im being a dumbass

reaver894 #399104 07/01/10 03:14 PM
apprentice
apprentice
@reaver894
You can tell which patch it is by the "size". If the patch is 12+ mb, then it is the US only version of the patch. Since all of the fixes have been incorporated into the US version, the patch is small to fix a shutdown issue (from the information I have read).
Those with other versions (I got burned and was sent the International version and not the US version...but got it for 10 bucks less from GoGamer) need to wait for a different patch (guaranteed to be much larger, I am guessing 100+MB like the German patch)
Really hate this.

Openedge1 #399107 07/01/10 03:41 PM
stranger
stranger
Ah so thats the US patch, I see

Kein #399131 07/01/10 05:56 PM
stranger
stranger

Then it's a good news because my version of D2 still need some bug fixing. Is this new patch will be available on larian.com for all language versions? Or do I need to look for it on my distributor's website?

KraczyKruk #399173 07/01/10 09:39 PM
Support
Support

I don't know if Larian will host all the language patch versions themselves (probably not), but they will announce at least the English/German/French patches in the relevant forums, and have links to all of them on the D2:ED support page.

Raze #399185 07/01/10 10:06 PM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
i guess we r still waiting? well i hope they tell us when its released cuz i really would like to play soon

America...
Riona #399211 08/01/10 01:07 AM
veteran
veteran
Yes, we are. Larian will announce their next and - hopefully - last megapatch soon.

Kein #399219 08/01/10 01:28 AM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
good to hear. lets just pray that there will be no more major issues after the patch.

America...
Riona #399308 08/01/10 10:25 AM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hello all,

As promised, here's the status update on the patches:

-It looks like the patches for the non-US versions won't be released today. I just got word from DTP QA that they're still working on verifying every single version that's out there with this patch. As long as that hasn't happened, they can't release it.

-A patch has also been submitted for the Xbox360 savegame bug. It now needs to go through Microsoft testing before it can be released.

Lar

Lar_q #399309 08/01/10 10:35 AM
veteran
veteran
Hello all,

-It looks like the patches for the non-US versions won't be released today. I just got word from DTP QA that they're still working on verifying every single version that's out there with this patch. As long as that hasn't happened, they can't release it.

-A patch has also been submitted for the Xbox360 savegame bug. It now needs to go through Microsoft testing before it can be released.

Lar

??? Savegame bug by Xbox360??? Don't have seen nothing like this and played whole the game! think

But there're 2 bugs from the same kind: after a dialog conversation the viddeoscene don't load, so a never ending loadingscreen follows!
1) after Farglow, dialog with Rhode!
2) after dialog with Arthur Gremory in the Imp lair in Orobas Fjords ...

Both I SKIPP the dialogs and the video starts nice!

But I hope they fix these 2 bugs also? wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Lar_q #399341 08/01/10 11:38 AM
old hand
old hand
Hello all,

Lar

So there will be two patches for Xbox 360?
Save bug and the first one announced.
Or is that just one big patch?

Just want a clarification please Larian!
It was never really clear imo.

@Joram theres a save bug in the US Version.

DivineGamer #399370 08/01/10 12:55 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
So the US patch is out today? 360?

I'm confused...:)

DivineGamer #399372 08/01/10 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by DivineGamer

So there will be two patches for Xbox 360?
Save bug and the first one announced.
Or is that just one big patch?

Just want a clarification please Larian!
It was never really clear imo.

No. The patches for the non-US versions are to bring the non-US versions up to level with the US version. The US version already has the fixes and features of that patch.

The US version will get a minor patch to fix the savegame bug though.

Hope this clears it up.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard