Next Thread
Print Thread
#399202 08/01/10 12:21 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hello! I was wondering what exactly are the "Suggestive Themes" in D2:ED... thanks smile

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I don't know if bumping is allowed here... my apologies if it's not, but I would like to have a quick reply if possible.

Support
Support

Is the 'suggestive themes' specific to the game, or included as one of the subcategories in a rating? I haven't seen anything suggestive mentioned in the forum, though I have been avoiding quest-specific topics since I don't have the game yet.

Raze #399243 08/01/10 03:49 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
It's in the ratings sub categories, but then again... Armored Core 4, a game about piloting giant robots and blowing stuff up had the same thing...

But if anyone could maybe clarify a specific part in the game they know of? It's okay if it's a bar or something, but if it's a brothel or something, my parents won't let me get it... Even though I can now legally buy my own M games =/

addict
addict
This is just my memory (haven't played the game), but I remember the devs saying they couldn't put in hookers and brothels like they did in the first game. So it probably isn't that.

In broken valley there is a quest in the black boar bar where some drunken soldiers make a few lewd comments about the bar maids. There are also some suggestive comments you yourself can make and it may also refer to how some of the women are dressed as you can see the cleavage of many of them. There's no nudity or brothels, of course if there was then the game would get the sexual themes rating as well.

Support
Support

Even the brothel in DD was pretty tame. There was a quest to 'find the tarts' for a couple guys new to the city; once there you could talk to an employee (male or female), and if you paid them, I think they may have started walking towards a side room, and then there was just a fade to black, and back to normal screen (with an experience point bonus for the first time).
That was pushing the boundaries too much for the ratings for D2:ED, so what 30johner mentioned is probably it for suggestive themes.

Raze #399289 08/01/10 08:23 AM
old hand
old hand
The game is 12+ in Europe and 17+ in US. Make of that what you wish.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Very helpful! Thanks guys : )

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
"Suggestive themes" is basically PC-speak for "talking about sex." That's all there is to it. There's a lot of hinting at it in dialogue but there isn't any actual sexual imagery in this game, and it's a darn shame too.

Thank God there is`nt we don`t need another DA:O =P

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Bah, Bioware sexual imagery is suggestive at best.

apprentice
apprentice
17+? You've got to be kidding me. This is the most tame game I've played in years! Apart from the tavern comments which are nothing worse than you'd see during a 5pm sitcom, "suggestive themes" is a joke. ESRB twats.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Am I the only one finding Laiken/Sassan relationship suggestive? laugh

Not a big deal, but I would understand people consider Laiken taste borderline wink

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Their modus operandi errs on the side of caution, "to protect the children" and placate the puritans whose virgin minds have nonetheless figured out that neither God nor the stork are responsible for making children.

Anyway, play through the game some, particularly if you always choose the evil and/or genre-savvy sarcastic badass dialogue choices. This game earns its "suggestive themes" label.

And Lord John and Lady Kara? They said that after killing you, they'd drink your blood and make some sort of love to eachother :P

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now
veteran
veteran
I've always laughed at parents who are ok with going on a killing rampage but deities forbid you talk about hookers and sex...

Stupidity wins in strait sets.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard