Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#395767 16/12/09 04:25 PM
Z
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Z
If any dev reads it, I know its not a bug, but it dosent make sense. Ranged Magic can follow me, thats understandable, but arrows? It makes dodging and jumping very useless for a ranger, you just stand on your spot and "trade" arrows with ur ranged enemy. And for meele it just sucks, you can't run up to him without getting a few arrows stuck in you, even if you roll nonstop.

Does anyone aggre that arrows should be redesign so that they go in a straight line or at least don't do 90\180 turns (well if it will go completely straight it would srsly nerf the ranged enemies, but then again, ranged weapons are never considered to be very accurate in reality...)

veteran
veteran
Totally agree, I think it's a bit retarded too.
Anyway, ALWAYS AUTO-AIM MODE for magic was partially (yes, *partially*) fixed in german 1.02 patch and these fixes must be included into benelux-version as well.

Also, I think this thread should go into Technical problemssection, since it is more like bug report for me (2mods).

old hand
old hand
Agreed. This stuff really hurts against Amdusias, forcing me to kill him in melee even when playing as a ranger myself.

Z
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Z
I know this is a tech thing, but its not really a bug so I din't know where to put it. I'm glad magic was a bit balanced, but they didn't touch arrows while they were at it? I hope the devs read it it can make combat much more fun, I always enjoy the early part more beacous theres no ranged enemies and doging\ rolling makes sense, but later its ruined...

Please more ppl comment so it will draw Larians attention!

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Didn't played game YET but I've seen this heat-seeking-missile-arrows in other games and it's just, well, it's hilarious and stupid at the same time.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Try to rush your dual wielding character uphill at a certain tower. Lost more than half of my hitpoints before the first swing. A magical arrow, yes, normal arrows, no.

old hand
old hand
OK, this is something that really needs to get fixed.

I am playing the game as a Ranger now and when enemy Rangers are starting to use Explosive Arrows in Orobas fjords (doing 250+ damage when hit) it makes the game impossible to play if you can't dodge arrows like this.

M
stranger
stranger
M
A certain levelboss made the mistake to come towards my melee character. If it stayed at a distance Charname would be dying until uninstall.

Z
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Z
Doesn't look like any dev sees this. Maybe we should open a thread in tech section? It seems that every class is really annoyed by enemy archers but not enough ppl comment about it...

veteran
veteran
1. Better to just move this thread.
2. The fact that devs didn't reply - means only that they didn't reply. That's all.

old hand
old hand
Funnily enough, if one returns 5 levels later to areas with lots of archers they do exactly 0 damage...

apprentice
apprentice
I just found this thread, was there ever a response by the devs about this issue?

Also if you are more than 5 levels above the arrow shooters, you also get 0 xp for killing them. Who cares then that they do 0 damage.

S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
Yes the arrows definitely need fixing. What's the point of having a dodge if they cannot be dodged???

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
dvs play to much apache comanche :P dragon fights looks like apache game and auto aiming arrows? wtf never ever see uch thing in any rpg this was quitte funny when i dodge all magic but wtf cannot dodge arows cuz they auto aim :P

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
dvs play to much apache comanche :P dragon fights looks like apache game and auto aiming arrows? wtf never ever see uch thing in any rpg this was quitte funny when i dodge all magic but wtf cannot dodge arows cuz they auto aim :P

stranger
stranger
The arrows are stupid, only up-side is that they dont go through objects like trees and stuff so you can use the terrain to your advantage in some places.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I really think Enemy archers need to be rebalanced... Normal archers, no threat. Archers with explosive arrows. Instant death. I forget exactly where, i think it was in the hall of echoes or somewhere. you have a fight against, MINIMUM. 3 archers. all of them use explosive arrows. each arroe does 250 damage. I had stacked vit, and had almost 600 hp at the time. they could literally insta kill me as soon as the fight began. the ONLY way i won, is because of sheer luck, of them Not using the arrows, and me able to kill them before they did

U
stranger
stranger
U
I completely agree, this heat-seeking arrow thing is completely ridiculous and annoying as hell. It just makes the game unfair and too difficult.
..You could atleast made a rocket launcher for archers, otherwise these following arrows are stupid.

apprentice
apprentice
Yea please, please release an update or some option where enemies don't have heat seeking arrows. It totally ruins the immersion in the game when you walk around a rock and 3 guys insta-kill you, or you survive that but try to dodge/roll away and then they shoot you like you are some retarded kid rolling on the ground that they are kicking over and over.

stranger
stranger
I've been able to dodge magic attacks from goblins just fine on the 360. Are you saying that I can dodge magic but not arrows?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard