apprentice
E

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed patch FR 1.03....go work for larian studios....:/

Greever #399378 08/01/10 01:24 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Greever
Originally Posted by DivineGamer

So there will be two patches for Xbox 360?
Save bug and the first one announced.
Or is that just one big patch?

Just want a clarification please Larian!
It was never really clear imo.

No. The patches for the non-US versions are to bring the non-US versions up to level with the US version. The US version already has the fixes and features of that patch.

The US version will get a minor patch to fix the savegame bug though.

Hope this clears it up.

So when is the Non-Us Version Xbox 360 Patch coming out?
Has it been sent to Microsoft?

DivineGamer #399414 08/01/10 03:48 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Dunno if its posted in another place (havent found it yet), but here is a copy/paste from RPGwatch where our good friend Lar writes a lot of important stuff:

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about this as I saw a lot of flak thrown at us and this is one of the sites I visit every day, I wanted to react:

No save-games in demo - I admit that was a mistake. The original reasoning was that we couldn't provide compatibility between the demo savegames and the full game and therefore it was deactivated. I'd like to rectify that, but I dont' want to bother QA at this point until they've done with the patch testing.

Patches - all I can say is that the bloody things have been there since November, but the process of getting them released is just really slow. The problem is that they need to test it against every single version, which due to the advent of online distribution has risen to over 40. Doesn't help you, doesn't help us, and we're just biting our nails out of sheer frustration while we're waiting.

Save-game location - if I'm not mistaking, the location comes from some specification document we got, which is also why you'll see some other games put it there. I actually agree that it's not an ideal place, but nobody stood still during development and reflected on it.

Windows 7 - the game was developed while Windows 7 wasn't out yet and we checked it on beta versions. The one thing that's really important is that the DX9 drivers are installed on Windows 7 (they are not included).

Game tanking - it's actually doing quite well. It's been charting in most territories, with top 3 positions taken in both Russia and Germany and entered at 6 on Steam in the US.

Securom - Larian's official attitude on copy protection is that it's a waste of time, but unfortunately publishers don't agree with that view. We learnt our lesson with Beyond Divinity which is why we stripped the copy protection for that in the form of a patch, and the remastered Divinity versions don't have any copy protection (at least none that we put on it). Still, for a copy protection system, we aren't seeing a lot of issues with Securom.

DivDiv remaster - the digital distribution versions have been updated to handle the issues that were reported.

On another note, I think it really sucks that some people have issues with the game, considering the insane amount of time and resources spent on QA. PC wise it's just impossible to cover all bases and we only shipped when no reproducible game breaking or blocking bugs were signalled by at least 4 companies involved in the QA process. On PC a lot of the issues we are seeing are OS/HW/Driver related or "some piece of software installed" related. We're fixing everything we manage to reproduce, but of course, it doesn't help that those patches aren't out yet. I know that doesn't help for the people who are encountering issues, but we really are pushing as hard as we can for getting them out there.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9510&page=3

DivineGamer #399415 08/01/10 03:48 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
So let me get this straight, The US 360 version is going to get another huge patch, correct?

The US, Xbox 360 version of this game is not playable. Freezes, Glitches, etc, etc, etc... I pop it in sometimes just to see how long I can play, without it dying on me... I once got to play it for 3 ENTIRE MINUTES!!! It was BLISS...

Quite frankly with Stephen A Smith I am amazed that a game in this day and age can be released in this state. Two Worlds 2.0...

knote32 #399427 08/01/10 04:46 PM
addict
addict
I've played through about 75% of the US Xbox 360 release without any freezing or issues that break the game.

And I only got 20% or so into Two Worlds until it started to break on me. And that game was trash.

Two Worlds 2.0? You're delusional.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Libertarian #399434 08/01/10 04:59 PM
veteran
veteran
DivDiv remaster - the digital distribution versions have been updated to handle the issues that were reported.

What does this mean?? I'm curious!
Is it about Divine Divinity?
Is there a brand new version of this, for me, most great Larian game I ever played? That will be a great thing laugh

Sometimes I still play DD grin, but some little bugs on my version smirk maybe solved now at all ? ...

Last edited by Joram; 08/01/10 05:01 PM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Libertarian #399443 08/01/10 05:28 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Consider yourself lucky, Far and few between.

Delusional? That is laughable.

I have no reason to lie to you. The game is every bit as broken as TW. Glitches galore...

The 2 minutes that I do get to play is quite fun though, I might add.

knote32 #399446 08/01/10 05:37 PM
apprentice
apprentice
@knote32
Please note my Xfire profile. I have logged over 30+ hours without any MAJOR issues.
http://www.xfire.com/profile/openedge1/

Do not get me wrong. I have the International English version, and there are concerns over how some things were handled (and I am still upset that there is no patch to help alleviate my concerns), but to think this is Two Worlds 2.0 is hilarious and not true at all.
If anything you need to look to your PC first as the culprit here, as I can attest that over 30 hours of gaming and no major game breaking bugs preventing me from playing, seems like a good game to me. Two Worlds was not good.

I hope you figure out your computers issues, because I am not having this problem.

Good luck.

Openedge1 #399451 08/01/10 05:50 PM
D
Del Offline
stranger
stranger
D
I can't find any reference to the following patch 1.03 US:

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/16355/Divinity+2+-+Ego+Draconis+Patch+1.03+-+US?rss

Is this for the US retail DVD-PC version? Is there a list of fixes somewhere? Thanks.

Openedge1 #399454 08/01/10 06:02 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
That's the thing... It's the US Xbox 360 version... Not the PC. Never had any issues with any other game...(Except Two Worlds of course);)

It is very similar to Two Worlds, because just like Two Worlds, I can't even play it...

Del #399456 08/01/10 06:08 PM
Support
Support

The (relatively small) patch for the North American PC DVD version was to fix a hanging problem a few people encountered when exiting the game.

knote32 #399477 08/01/10 07:12 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by knote32
Consider yourself lucky, Far and few between.

Delusional? That is laughable.

I have no reason to lie to you. The game is every bit as broken as TW. Glitches galore...

The 2 minutes that I do get to play is quite fun though, I might add.

Every bit as broken as TW? That's a fallacy.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Lar_q #399487 08/01/10 08:11 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
oh god i hope this patch will let me actually get further than clicking 'new game' before crashing.
frown
the game looks so good and I've never gotten to play it!

Raze #399489 08/01/10 08:17 PM
D
Del Offline
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Raze

The (relatively small) patch for the North American PC DVD version was to fix a hanging problem a few people encountered when exiting the game.

Ok, I've had that problem. So 1.03 is for the US PC-DVD? Where does Larian Studios reference this patch?!

knote32 #399500 08/01/10 08:47 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by knote32
So let me get this straight, The US 360 version is going to get another huge patch, correct?

The US, Xbox 360 version of this game is not playable. Freezes, Glitches, etc, etc, etc... I pop it in sometimes just to see how long I can play, without it dying on me... I once got to play it for 3 ENTIRE MINUTES!!! It was BLISS...

Quite frankly with Stephen A Smith I am amazed that a game in this day and age can be released in this state. Two Worlds 2.0...

Don't compare this to Two Worlds. Not even close.

I have the north american 360 version and I have had no bugs whatsoever, no crashes or freezes and I've put in 20 hours in the game. I'm not overwriting saves (new ones every time) so I am purposely avoiding the savegame bug. So zero problems in 20 hours. That's not bad I'd say.

Jorlen #399515 08/01/10 10:14 PM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
hey. any chance that the large patch will bring the US version up to date on the patch for the problems (neverending loading page) as well if it isnt?

(i'm not completely sure that i have the US version even tho i bought it in the US..-_-' never know anymore)

im just curious cuz i really dont want to have to go looking for the US update cuz that is irriating and i have little time right now..><

lets hope that larien can get the patch released soon

Last edited by Riona; 08/01/10 10:15 PM.

America...
Riona #399524 08/01/10 10:23 PM
stranger
stranger
I've played the US 360 version for a while now, and only had the game crash my console ONCE when entering a cellar, after doing a lot of re-loads in that session. Load up the previous save and entered the same cellar without issue. You are really overreacting.

Last edited by ElektroDragon; 08/01/10 10:23 PM.
stranger
stranger
The 360 version of Two Worlds is fully patched these days. It runs fine. It's not broken in any way. It feels like a different game than when it was first released.

Zlaja #399579 08/01/10 11:57 PM
addict
addict
I played TW fully patched a few weeks ago and it felt just as horrid as it did day one. I even used the console commands to dumb down its graphics in hope that it'd run better, and it really didn't run much better.

Libertarian #399582 09/01/10 12:07 AM
Yeah, and Zlaja is talking about the 360 version and you are talking about console commands on your pc...

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard