Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
As many of these kind of games. If you dont get a decent build you can follow something will get absolutly wrong and you need to start over. As i dont want that to happen i would like to get help with a build of some kind.

- What skills should a warrior get?
- Which stats shall i increase?
- Two handed, one handed, One handed and a shield, whats the diffrence?

Cant come up with anything else right now...

Any help iam most grateful of!

apprentice
apprentice
There are no shield specific skills. Also there is no active block skill.

So besides a few additional mitigation armor points, there is no reason to ever use a shield since if you were thinking of being in melee with a creature and blocking attacks, it is not going to happen.

So if that is the case, you might as well just use a big two hander and run around whacking stuff then running off. I found jump attack to be very powerful at rank 5, it adds a ton of damage, its basically like getting a sword 5 levels higher than what you have when you hit stuff.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Nastilon
There are no shield specific skills. Also there is no active block skill.

So besides a few additional mitigation armor points, there is no reason to ever use a shield since if you were thinking of being in melee with a creature and blocking attacks, it is not going to happen.

So if that is the case, you might as well just use a big two hander and run around whacking stuff then running off. I found jump attack to be very powerful at rank 5, it adds a ton of damage, its basically like getting a sword 5 levels higher than what you have when you hit stuff.

Yeah i found that shield was not worth it. I dont have any 2h weps atm, but dual wield seems nice enough.

Stats(order of importance): Strength, Spirit, Vitality.

Skills(no order): Rush Attack level 1, Thousand Strikes5/5, Duel-Wield Expertise 13/13(10/10), Summon Ghost 5/5, Mana Efficiency 5/5, Mana Drain 5/5, Mana Leech 5/5, Fire Wall 5/5 and Summon Mastery 5/5.

To me, that is the ultimate character. With my two average swords I hit 200 which is like 500 dps plus I start with Fire wall proccing 200 dps and my pet has Elemental Blast 7 and Magic Missle 7 so he RAPES.

old hand
old hand
Let start of with stats 1st

Vit/ Spirit: You wont need a lot points in these 2 stats. When end game, my base spirit only has around 10 points, with total stats from gears, its bout 20, but I still have 490+ mp to abuse. Same goes to vit although is bit higher when compare to spirit. You will able to find accessories later to add high amount of hp and mp, from range of 100+ to 200+. 1 point of vit/spi only add 7hp/mp

Str: You main raw power on melee and melee defensive rating and conditioned body. 1 points will increased 1% conditioned body. Stats such as conditioned body, indomitable will and heightened reflexes will max out at 75%. Add str accordingly to your gears. Each stats will max out at 100, with combination of base stats and stats from gears and charms. So no point having something over 100. Do you on planning on this

Int: Increase your weapon magical damage, as well as mp regen. Also influenced your magical defense rating indomitable will. Your 2nd raw damage resource

Dex: Increase your range defense rating and your heightened reflex. Important when you are critical build, as heightened reflex increase your critical damage.

These are my stats at lvl35 with gears and charms, where you can use as reference. My warrior is a dual wield critical build.

Hp/mp: 807/496
Str/ Dex/ Int: 96/60/96

Skills
Weapon mastery (types you like): Must max 1st as it increase your weapon base damage, both melee and magical.

Whirlwind/ Rush attack: I think this is a must have skill for every warrior. Point investment, scale according to your own preference. I myself didnt invest much on this 2 skill. A general rule, as your base damage increase, your skill damage will eventually increase even though the skill rank retain the same

Jump attack: I basically didnt use it. Invest if you like

Mana efficiency: Must max. Reduce 50% mp cost when max

Healing: Own preference as well. If you rely on potions over healing, then ditch this skill. In fact potions heals better with few points into potion efficiency

Bleed: Useful skill when reach high rank. At bout rank 9 to rank 10, it inflict 100% bleed damage base on your damage, means you doing 200% damage with your weapon swing if bleed success.

Mana leech: 1 points will be more than enough. At rank 1 you will have 80% chances to leech from each of your melee strike. Basically each normal attack of yours will leech mp to recover your mp.

Regenerate: Personal preference. If you had plenty of potions to spend, which you can easily do that by brewing, you dont need this skill or you decide to use healing spell a lot. It useful when you running out of potions and during normal battle, as it fasten you hp regen. It can be skip if needed.

Way of battle mage: Useful buff when max at rank 5. Increase your magical weapon by 60% without any penalty. At lower rank, it has penalty on magical defense rating and indomitable will. Last for 90 secs with 30 secs cool down.

Death blow: Important only if you decide to go for critical build. Increase your weapon critical chances as skill rank increase

Thousand strike: Mainly use on bosses. Increase to accordingly with the skill points you has, as you dont really use it very often. A high rank thousand strike is very deadly. I kill the final boss with 1 cast of thousand strike rank 10,11.

Summons: The only summon I use is summon demon. Its useful during the early days in fjords. 1 to 2 points in will be ok. You can add more if you decide to have it all the time. The rest of the summons I didnt touch at all. Anyway its down to your personal preferences again on this skill

Firewall: Useful in early days. I use it to kill killer rabbit at lvl15. Beside that help out when getting surrounded during early stages. At later stage when my toon is stronger, I prefer chop down my target 1 by 1 as that how the a warrior should be biggrin Again base on your personal preferences, if you like it, then just add it

Basically I think these are mainly the skills for warrior. You can definitely look into other support skill from the priest skill tab. But I prefer a warrior which capable to soak damage and ditched out high damage as well.

Now on weapon types.

If you decided to go for 1 handed weapon, the only choice is weapon with shield. I had compare before on skill 1 handed mastery and weapon with shield mastery, where weapon with shield will provide you more damage over 1 handed weapon only, which is bout 75% damage increase when max out over bou 35% with 1 handed weapon mastery. Beside weapon will shield will also increase your shield defensive rating for bout 40%

If you are looking for damage, either 2 handed weapon or dual wield. Some say in the latest patch 1.03, 2 handed weapon will has aoe damage, but I really had no idea on it, as there still no patch for my current version. 2 handed weapon will has the highest max damage in game, as well as the lowest min damage. Therefore your damage range might be fluctuate very consistent. Dual wield will has slight lower max damage, but its damage is very consistent as compare to 2 handed weapons. Beside, you gain extra enchantments and charms slot with 2nd weapon, which help a lot in stats building as well as damage.

Best weapon in game come drop baal drop, which is all unique(red color name) and guarantee with 3 enchantment slot, charm slots are random though. And baal has chance to drop 2 1 handed weapon. With 2nd unique weapon, you can guarantee gain 3 more enchantment slot, which will help on increasing damage. Rank 10 enchantment for magical and normal damage both add 27 damage each, so total up you gain 54 damage extra on your min and max damage.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard