Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Originally Posted by Ineluke
Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

I think they can keep their RPG and we will keep ours,Larian have much support in Europe and perhaps even Asia.

How anyone can say that this story is not better than that "Lord Of The Rings" blatant copy by BioWare,i don't know.

Don't get me wrong DAO is a bit more Polished but it's static unimaginative and damn right boring,yes i said boring. It's your typical linear stuff that BioWare like to churn out to their fanbase.

I have both games and i have played through DAO 1-1/2 times now just to see if i a missing something with all these top reviews it's getting.

BioWare have lost their way ,fame, rep and to much money have clouded their vision,they no longer have that RPG feel. What we have now is an over the top extended movie where most of the time is spent staring at lifeless pixels that spout constant dribble,no thanks ill stick with a RPG that has soul.

Now, i don't mind a good story but come on,it's constant stand still and unoriginal. Why copy the lord of the rings,think of your own theme BioWare.

This year we European are in for some treats..

We have Arcarnia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4vSr4R_DyA&feature=related

We have The Witcher Assassin Of Kings.. the witcher EE was a master piece ,yet again didn't get the respect it deserve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JciyoGmnGyo

We also have rumours of the 40 hour add on for Drakensang Dark Eye..

Now, yes these games will be release everywhere but i say let em keep DAO.

As a Europeans we should support all European dev teams that make great games,after all we in Europe know what fantasy is all about and medieval type RPG,we know what a real castle looks like.

This is just my opinion of course.

Dragon Age Origins= all flash and no dash... eek

D2= imaginative=fun and great story..

No i don't agree with that review.

I am from europe and I say GO BIOWARE and GO LARIAN

I hope that larian will get rich,so they can create better Divinity 3.

and why everyone is saying that DA:O is copy of of lord of rings.
They are completly different.

"Dragon Age Origins= all flash and no dash... eek

D2= imaginative=fun and great story.."= you should visit doctor

If you think that DA:O is boring you really don"t know what is old-school classical RPG.
But I can"t blame you.I understand that you like hack"n slash more.

OK YOU LIKE EUROPE AND HATE USA.We get it

and I am gonna buy Gothic and Witcher to support our devs but I am still BioWare fan.and Drakensang is good game but boring.Weak story and characters in your party don"t have any personality or past.

No one is saying that DAO is the same game as lord of the rings ..read the freaking post carefully dude.

What many have said,and i agree is that the story is the same as lord of the rings,it's a blatant copy.

I don't know what old school RPG is? get real how the hell do you know what i think old school RPG is, i have played countless RPG.

Don't even try to tell me what RPG i have played,you haven't got a clue.DAO is boring ,it's shiny and dull, lacking any originality and depth.If DAO was like BG1 then yeah it would get more love from me but it isn't.

Go play Drakensang " The Dark Eye" then come back and tell me about "old school" rpg. That game is IMO better than DAO,it's only let down is the voice over but other than that it blitz DAO into the dirt.

It's skill system and crafting is ten times better because it's sandbox,you do know what sandbox is don't you.

It has a great story that makes DAO look like the unoriginal rip from Lord of the rings it is.

Like i said, DAO is a freaking movie that gets real boring and predictable after the first few hours,you know where it's going.

The world is a box and your typical BioWare push you along the pathway crab,it's got to be the most linear game they have made.

Even Drakensangs world is less linear by a long shot.

D2 story is miles ahead of DAO,it spits it out and leave people like you to pick it back up again.

All in all DAO is a flash one track pony that is old and lacking any real substance,it's like BioWare have got stuck in their ways and move away from what made them special in the first place.

These days ,if you play one BioWare game then you have played them all but in a different skin.

Now,as for me needing a doctor ,yes i do because i think DAO has nearly bored me to death.

Oh,i leave you to your flash movie where all pathways are blocked.

I like Europe and hate the US? is this some sort of political thread now?

Last edited by Ineluke; 10/01/10 08:16 PM.
addict
addict
Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

I think they can keep their RPG and we will keep ours,Larian have much support in Europe and perhaps even Asia.

How anyone can say that this story is not better than that "Lord Of The Rings" blatant copy by BioWare,i don't know.

Don't get me wrong DAO is a bit more Polished but it's static unimaginative and damn right boring,yes i said boring. It's your typical linear stuff that BioWare like to churn out to their fanbase.

I have both games and i have played through DAO 1-1/2 times now just to see if i a missing something with all these top reviews it's getting.

BioWare have lost their way ,fame, rep and to much money have clouded their vision,they no longer have that RPG feel. What we have now is an over the top extended movie where most of the time is spent staring at lifeless pixels that spout constant dribble,no thanks ill stick with a RPG that has soul.

Now, i don't mind a good story but come on,it's constant stand still and unoriginal. Why copy the lord of the rings,think of your own theme BioWare.

We have The Witcher Assassin Of Kings.. the witcher EE was a master piece ,yet again didn't get the respect it deserve.

As a Europeans we should support all European dev teams that make great games,after all we in Europe know what fantasy is all about and medieval type RPG,we know what a real castle looks like.

If you think that DA:O is boring you really don"t know what is old-school classical RPG.

and I am gonna buy Gothic and Witcher to support our devs but I am still BioWare fan.and Drakensang is good game but boring.Weak story and characters in your party don"t have any personality or past.

No one is saying that DAO is the same game as lord of the rings ..read the freaking post carefully dude.

What many have said,and i agree is that the story is the same as lord of the rings,it's a blatant copy.

I don't know what old school RPG is? get real how the hell do you know what i think old school RPG is, i have played countless RPG.

Don't even try to tell me what RPG i have played,you haven't got a clue.DAO is boring ,it's shiny and dull, lacking any originality and depth.If DAO was like BG1 then yeah it would get more love from me but it isn't.

Go play Drakensang " The Dark Eye" then come back and tell me about "old school" rpg. That game is IMO better than DAO,it's only let down is the voice over but other than that it blitz DAO into the dirt.

It's skill system and crafting is ten times better because it's sandbox,you do know what sandbox is don't you.

It has a great story that makes DAO look like the unoriginal rip from Lord of the rings it is.

Like i said, DAO is a freaking movie that gets real boring and predictable after the first few hours,you know where it's going.

The world is a box and your typical BioWare push you along the pathway crab,it's got to be the most linear game they have made.

D2 story is miles ahead of DAO,it spits it out and leave people like you to pick it back up again.

All in all DAO is a flash one track pony that is old and lacking any real substance,it's like BioWare have got stuck in their ways and move away from what made them special in the first place.

These days ,if you play one BioWare game then you have played them all but in a different skin.

Now,as for me needing a doctor ,yes i do because i think DAO has nearly bored me to death.

ahh that is point
I guess your first RPG was Oblivion and now you think that every RPG should be sandbox
and that BioWare games are linear.Yes they are linear,but full of deatails,history,interesting characters,world,details,replability...and they are emotional,so you really feel something when you talk with companions.

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
journeyman
journeyman

So every European is a history expert?
You dont think that people who do not live in Europe cannot read books to learn about history?

Once you started to group everyone together simply because of their nationality you lost any credibility with me buddy.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I

ahh that is point
I guess your first RPG was Oblivion and now you think that every RPG should be sandbox
and that BioWare games are linear.Yes they are linear,but full of deatails,history,interesting characters,world,details,replability...and they are emotional,so you really feel something when you talk with companions.

So you didn't clock the BG1 bit then,you do know what that stands for,don't you?

Oblivion the actual game by it's self is not that good,flash graphics but lacking in many ways,scaling being one of them. It's the hard special work from the modders that have made that game a good RPG,without the mods it would be another lacking RPG in the same vain as DAO.

Instead of jumping to conclusions and just picking out bit's of my post that suit you,read what i am saying.Know one is arguing the detail BioWare have put into DAO or the fact you can repeat the same dull process as many times as you want.

I am not for a minute saying that BioWare are a crap dev team,that would be just dumb but they are seriously feeding us the same old stuff with different skins. I spent many a year playing NWN1 and many an evening smashing the crap out of BG1-2,they were or are epic games.

DAO is not so epic,yeah it looks good and a lot has gone into the game mechanics but it's still lacking that real RPG feel that Bioware used to have,now it's more like a freaking night at the movies.

They are emotional! lol, so you played with a box of tissue on your lap then.
I can sit here and say "hand on heart " i felt more emotion getting my dragon stone today and changing form than i did playing DAO for 60-70 hours.

My take..

I found the people's reactions in the world quite implausible. I mean, with the blight coming and all, you'd think people understood the importance of fighting together, but no, each side (humans, dwarves, elves, gee how original btw) has their petty bullshit that makes me basically go through a standard 3 level dungeon/temple/ruins and massacre everything inside, get the w/e quest item, go back to the main guy of the race, give him the item, slap his face around just so he can send me ZOMG 50 WHOLE TROOPS to fight the final battle. What a bunch of idiots.

The blight,as a main quest is actually far more terrible than anything else you'll encounter in the game, except maybe for the quests where you have to bring 15 items X (rat tails? don't remember/care). HOLY SHIT DUDE THE FREAKING BLIGHT IS COMING AND YOU WANT FREAKING RAT TAILS/MANA POTIONS/UNDEAD TESTICLES? By the way, this isn't the first blight and it isn't the last. This makes it even more generic and mundane. I mean, for dragon age 2, we will probably have to fight THE NEXT BLIGHT.

The game had a ridiculous amount of unnecessary fights that got tedious to the extreme. There is auto levelling, which makes item management and pimping out characters a waste of your time and effort. Especially considering the last fight can be won almost without your participation.

Most of the player characters are actually pretty predictable in what they say,which becomes intolerable after a few hours.

All in all,the game doesn't come close to the Baldur's Gate series, and it really doesn't feel like "spiritual successor" of anything to me. Didn't really feel like my choices affected anything in the game, except for the type of soldiers I got during the final battle. Gee, thanks. I guess.

The one thing I liked though, was the Fade world in the mage's tower. That had a BG-ish feel to it. Was probably the only original/fresh idea in the entire goddamn game.

So their you have it,my take on DAO but don't listen to me though,i am just a hack and slash junky who hate America. silence

Last edited by Ineluke; 10/01/10 10:02 PM.
addict
addict
This place seems very xenophobic when it comes to anything that's from the US or Canada. Very odd. A very depressing place.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Libertarian
This place seems very xenophobic when it comes to anything that's from the US or Canada. Very odd. A very depressing place.

I've noticed this too, very disappointing.

addict
addict
[quote=Ineluke]Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

ahh that is point

So you didn't clock the BG1 bit then,you do know what that stands for,don't you?

Oblivion the actual game by it's self is not that good,flash graphics but lacking in many ways,scaling being one of them. It's the hard special work from the modders that have made that game a good RPG,without the mods it would be another lacking RPG in the same vain as DAO.

Instead of jumping to conclusions and just picking out bit's of my post that suit you,read what i am saying.Know one is arguing the detail BioWare have put into DAO or the fact you can repeat the same dull process as many times as you want.

I am not for a minute saying that BioWare are a crap dev team,that would be just dumb but they are seriously feeding us the same old stuff with different skins. I spent many a year playing NWN1 and many an evening smashing the crap out of BG1-2,they were or are epic games.

DAO is not so epic,yeah it looks good and a lot has gone into the game mechanics but it's still lacking that real RPG feel that Bioware used to have,now it's more like a freaking night at the movies.

I can sit here and say "hand on heart " i felt more emotion getting my dragon stone today and changing form than i did playing DAO for 60-70 hours.

My take..

I found the people's reactions in the world quite implausible. I mean, with the blight coming and all, you'd think people understood the importance of fighting together, but no, each side (humans, dwarves, elves, gee how original btw) has their petty bullshit that makes me basically go through a standard 3 level dungeon/temple/ruins and massacre everything inside, get the w/e quest item, go back to the main guy of the race, give him the item, slap his face around just so he can send me ZOMG 50 WHOLE TROOPS to fight the final battle. What a bunch of idiots.

The blight,as a main quest is actually far more terrible than anything else you'll encounter in the game, except maybe for the quests where you have to bring 15 items X (rat tails? don't remember/care). HOLY SHIT DUDE THE FREAKING BLIGHT IS COMING AND YOU WANT FREAKING RAT TAILS/MANA POTIONS/UNDEAD TESTICLES? By the way, this isn't the first blight and it isn't the last. This makes it even more generic and mundane. I mean, for dragon age 2, we will probably have to fight THE NEXT BLIGHT.

The game had a ridiculous amount of unnecessary fights that got tedious to the extreme. There is auto levelling, which makes item management and pimping out characters a waste of your time and effort. Especially considering the last fight can be won almost without your participation.

Most of the player characters are actually pretty predictable in what they say,which becomes intolerable after a few hours.

All in all,the game doesn't come close to the Baldur's Gate series, and it really doesn't feel like "spiritual successor" of anything to me. Didn't really feel like my choices affected anything in the game, except for the type of soldiers I got during the final battle. Gee, thanks. I guess.

The one thing I liked though, was the Fade world in the mage's tower. That had a BG-ish feel to it. Was probably the only original/fresh idea in the entire goddamn game.

So their you have it,my take on DAO but don't listen to me though,i am just a hack and slash junky who hate America. silence

[/quote]
Yes you are

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Libertarian

I can't stress enough that it's nothing personnel towards Canada or the US,i really have nothing against a good game coming from that part of the world.I am just being honest,i mean i actually think ME is a better game than DAO,it really is a deep and engaging game that deserves the praise.

It seems to me that a lot of people from the US won't have a bad word said against certain DEV teams even if they have not quite come up with the goods this time.Some of the reviews coming from the states and some European gaming sites are way off and not fair IMO.

The same thing happened with Risen,although not as good as Gothic 2 it is still a great RPG that should of got better reviews. DAO is flawed in many ways,it does not make it a crap game but some of the marks are just over the top,way over.

Take "the Witcher" enhanced edition,it really is a brilliant game that has won over a hundred awards and kills DAO for story hands down,it's a fab mature RPG.DAO bad problems on the port over to consoles just like D2 had teething problems but the reviewers seem to conveniently leave stuff like that out when reviewing that game.

The story is a rip from lord of the rings,i mean a blatant copy of events. Any other dev team would be accused of an unoriginal story lacking any imagination but BioWare have got away with it.If a European dev team brings a crap game out then i will say it's crap but if that game is anywhere near decent i am going to support them.

D2 is not perfect but it's a damn good game with a great story that is just or more exciting than DAO.If Larian could get a major publisher with a great name or if they had EA this game would be getting 90+ reviews,it's a labour of love and not just a game churned out to the masses on a conveyor belt.

I really don't understand how many people can't see it,they are stuck with these key dev teams that will continue to churn out the same old same old and gaming site will suck it up.Some of these sites including European sites are giving DAO 98%,WTF are they freaking serious.

Some of these same sites are giving D2 70%,are they freaking blind,i mean they are really trying to say that D2 is nearly 30% lower than DAO?

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
[quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke]Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

ahh that is point

My take..

[/quote]
Yes you are [/quote]

So far you haven't been able to counter what i am saying about DAO,why not give me a review on why you think i am wrong instead of one shot answers that are pointless.

All you have done is concentrate on me instead of the topic at hand,this shows that you have no answer and can't have a mature debate,you are making this to easy for me. thankyou

Anyway i am off to bed.. sleep

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Mass Effect is a better game than DA:O. I wholeheartedly agree. You're thrown plot twists that actually make some sense in ME and the main plot is sufficiently resolved in the first game without tossing the necessity for a continuation of the universe's story out the proverbial airlock. DA:O you're thrown what is basically the same damn incentive each and every time - fix someone's stupid shit in return for their help in fighting off the Big Bad's army of mooks because our nation's king was a glory-seeking fool and his advisor was the only sane man.

But anyway, D2's plot itself is actually pretty good, nonsensical plot twists notwithstanding. You can chalk up the Big Bad's stupid decisions (and there are a LOT of them, starting with his first meeting the Protagonist - why didn't he simply kill the Protagonist right then and there? oh cuz then the game would be over, right? so why do we even MEET the Big Bad in the first place?) to being a classical villain drunk on power and having spectacularly flunked out of magnificent bastard school (no "C for effort" reward here - his dead girlfriend's the true magnificent bastard in the story) while the protagonist systematically ruins his plans - token victories really, cuz you're never really given the opportunity to hand Damian his ass on a silver platter. My willful suspension of disbelief stayed relatively intact up until the ending when the writers seemed to decide "screw it, we'll tie up all the plot holes in the conclusion and ship it as is," handing us a twist ending that makes no sense whatsoever simply for the sake of having a cliff hanger to leave us anticipating the series' conclusion. Hence why I've got an obvious axe to grind with Larian's writing staff, and anyone else who thinks the ending was reasonable.

stranger
stranger
No i dont agree with everything gamespot wrote.
I like both Divinity 2 and Dragon age: Origins so i hope to see more great games from both Larian and Bioware rpg001

Last edited by Bloodcurse; 11/01/10 08:43 AM.
addict
addict
[quote=Ineluke][quote=Raven.rpg][quote=Ineluke]Personally ,even if this game was perfect they would find something wrong,it's not American or Canadian.

ahh that is point

My take..

[/quote]
Yes you are [/quote]

So far you haven't been able to counter what i am saying about DAO,why not give me a review on why you think i am wrong instead of one shot answers that are pointless.

All you have done is concentrate on me instead of the topic at hand,this shows that you have no answer and can't have a mature debate,you are making this to easy for me. thankyou

Anyway i am off to bed.. sleep [/quote]

Ok
D2 have a weak story and characters.I didn" find anything about them.Conversation with them is so limited and predictable.Only one part of story is good and that is ending which is suprising while DA:O have hundred of these moments.History is weak becaose only thing that I find is about Divine one and that is it.Enemies look sh*ty.I mean I didn"t know that dragon knight can have problems to kill damn ink,goblins.These are funny so only true enemies are black ring.Animations are bad if you ask me.Check this and see what people think CLICK.Music is failure when comparison to DA:O music.Grapich is only thing where D2 can win becaose BioWare want to create game that can be played on many PCs.Dragon form!!!Oh my god such big deal.First village and island are really good but Fords are stupid.They didn"t even create world there,only water and your dragon form to fly.But as you now dragon form is dissapointing becaose of restrictions.Battle tower has suprise me becaose I though It will be something bigger and better,but It was very limited.But as always this game only get + from me becaose of side quests.Here you are I completly agree with this. About DA:O being same as lord of rings here is what people think about it

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 11/01/10 11:02 AM.

old hand
old hand
Quote pyramids FTW.

"Music is failure when comparison to DA:O music."
Lol.

Last edited by virumor; 11/01/10 11:16 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by virumor
Quote pyramids FTW.

"Music is failure when comparison to DA:O music."
Lol.

My favorite(especially from 1:57)
When Leliana sing in camp
Leliana sing
Dear roads
and this must be one of best idea I ever saw(This is new shit)

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 11/01/10 11:30 AM.

old hand
old hand

Erm... worst facial animations ever.

Last edited by virumor; 11/01/10 11:37 AM.
addict
addict

Erm... worst facial animations ever.

Hahaahahahah
song is so good that you really don"t know what to tell except "Erm... worst facial animations ever"

old hand
old hand
The song is good, but the facial animations ruin the moment.

I like Dragon Age's theme song, but the rest I don't even notice during gameplay. Unlike with Divinity 2.

addict
addict
The song is good, but the facial animations ruin the moment.

I like Dragon Age's theme song, but the rest I don't even notice during gameplay. Unlike with Divinity 2.

Blah I always notice every song.Hell I have them all in my head smile
Only good D2 song is "main theme"

addict
addict
That is reason why I am hoping that larian will get this so they can create this

Lmfao, this now turned into a DAO better than Divinity 2 thread No.2.
I suggest ignoring Raven.rpg, for he is too stubborn to see anything further than his nose. And don`t freaking doublepost you dumbass, how many times do we have to tell you?!

My take on the Gamespots review - Couldn`t care less. What matters is not what critics say, but what you think and believe of the game. Especially knowing that Gamespot, IGN and other most known game reviewer sites get paid to make better reviews, for our, current day, modern player only believes what critics say, not what he believes in.
Peace.

Last edited by DeviRyuuD; 11/01/10 11:54 AM.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard