Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#400204 11/01/10 01:17 AM
OP Offline
Does reflect copy the percentage of damage(according to skill level) and inflict it on enemies, or does it also prevent it. Even if it takes place after armor doesn't that mean your invincible. At level 11 it reflects 100% back. It doesn't matter what the damage it gives back is, it still prevents you from taking any damage right? So if you increase it to at least level 11, then it takes all the challenge out of the game.

old hand
old hand
From reflect enchantments, it doesnt seems to absorb damage. You will still take damage, but reflect base on the percentage you take. Let say you taking 80 damage, if your reflect only 20%, that 16 damage being bounced back to that particular mob, make it taking 16 more damage. And chances of reflect also base on percentage. I didnt bother much on this skill, so no idea how high the percentage can reach with high skill ranks. Beside that when mobs doing literally close to no or pathetic damage on my toon, this skill doesnt seem very attractive.

Support
Support

I never use these types of skills, as I generally choose armour, playstyle, etc in a manor to minimize the damage I take. In games where there is a very large amount reflected back (like 10 or 100 times the original damage), I've seen people recommend this type of skill to handle weak opponents by simply letting them attack (an insignificant amount of damage to your character could still be enough for them to end up killing themselves).

OP Offline
I've never used it so I wasn't sure if it prevented the damage or not. If it did it would prevent the small amount of damage you do receive, but since it doesn't I guess it's pretty useless.

Last edited by 30johner; 11/01/10 01:50 AM.
stranger
stranger
Just a theory

Ive noticed that the retribution percent chances do not stack on armor, but do the damage reflected back on the enemy do? if so then isn't if feasible to have 9 different versions of reflect on at once reflecting damage on an attacking enemy? (including the reflect skill and armor/jewelry enchantments) if so lets just say an enemy does 100 damage to u in a hit. if u have the lvl 6 retribution aura (which i believe is 20% chance to reflect 32% damage) plus a level 5 reflect (52% damage all the time) wouldn't that total out to be 30+30+30+30+30+30+30+30+50=290 possible damage reflected back in one hit? In my opinion I believe it would be worth it to have if your still leveling up against enemies that can still do this amount of damage in one hit? this is just a theory I will eventually try it out and see what happens when I have the money to afford multiple skill re distributions and have the material for that much retribution aura.

old hand
old hand
The point is, when you has good armor rating on the 3 type of defense, normal minions will usually just do peanuts damage on you. That 100 damage will most likely only happen once in a blue moon with some bosses only. Using your armor enchantment slot on reflection that base on chances, I would rather had a firm raise on the armor ratings. Rank 9 enchantments already raise 10 armor rating, and materials are easily to get as well. With armors that comes with 2 or 3 enchantment slot, you can easily get some good defense out from the enchantments.

stranger
stranger
They "balanced" the game by giving enemies about 5 times as much health as you and having them do about 1/10th the damage. To be fair lots of games do that, just seems odd.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard