#399437 08/01/10 05:01 PM
T
Telic Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi,

I have bought the English Retail DVD version of Divinity II for PC.

The game splash screen says v1.0.13.67

I can see patches available on the web site for 1.0.2 for the German version.

I can find patches available to 1.0.3 for English US version.

Is there a patch for the English EU/UK version to 1.0.3

I have tried applying the US patch to my version of the game but it crashes with a "Setup" dialogue message of :

Couldn't identify the installed version of Divinity II - Ego Draconis.
Debug: "dd67e9d19a31ce7106e092a0ba1686e1"

I have tried running the patch from within the game directory (with Admin rights), and from within the Bin directory also... but it still doesn't work.

So I can't seem to patch my version of the game... Is there a patch for the UK retail version of the game?

Or is 1.0.13.67 an up to date version as far as the UK PC game is concerned?
It all seems a bit confusing about which patch is up to date for which language and on which platform....

Thanks for any help or feedback.

Also, I should mention I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit.... have there been problems reported with the patch on 64 bit versions of the OS?

Telic #399447 08/01/10 05:43 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Hello
I also have the English version 1.0.13.67. That is the International UK version, and is the latest.
All other versions beside German and US are behind in patching (even though some fixes went into the US version that is NOT in German yet...).
I actually got burned and ordered the International version by mistake (not knowing the difference...through Gogamer), so I also am perturbed.

But, our versions are up to date in their respective countries. A few newer fixes are in the US version that makes the game faster and more reliable as well as a few new features..and Larian is trying to bring out that patch.

More info is in this post.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=399414

A
stranger
stranger
A
Blasted GoGamer and their 48 hour madness sale. I bought it at $39.90, installed, and found I have version 1.013.67 - seems this is the International release? I am in the US and get the same error the OP mentioned when I try to patch to 1.03 US. So, no patch for now?

I went back to the GoGamer site and it doesn't mention this is an International copy? WTF?

apprentice
apprentice
The game IS playable though. I finished it as a matter of fact.

That was my last order with GoGamer though.

Last edited by Openedge1; 12/01/10 11:30 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Openedge1
That was my last order with GoGamer though.

Second that - my first and last purchase through GoGamer.

stranger
stranger
Its rediculous thats we still dont have latest patch while ourr eu english version was released long before US version and then to think of larian studio's is a belium company bah:(

Still nasty bugs im version(same as OP offcorse) they promised months ago to make patch for us but still nothing:(

Good job larian, your so succefull and big you dont need patches and customers playing your game right?

Bethesda and bioware lauching there asses off seeing how small company's struggle lol.

I quit game after second time stuck in some damn quest npc conversation and lost gametime again.

Well back to Dragon age then at least they dont have bugs where you lose gameplay.

And i can complain ive payed 45 euro's for D2:ED

Support
Support

The next patch topic liked to above is a little long, but you could skim through just reading Lar's posts. The patch has been done since November IIRC, but is still being tested for the 40 odd different versions of the game, and can not be released without going through various QA teams, publishers and distributors.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard