Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#400154 10/01/10 09:09 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I just finsihed the game and I gotta say that was the worst ending I have ever seen in any game, book, movie, news paper etc. It totally distroys replay value. I think the game designers sat in a room and figured how the absolute worst possible way to end the game. I enjoyed the rest of the game but is like puking after a good meal.

Ben-Juda #400161 10/01/10 09:52 PM
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Ben-Juda
I just finsihed the game and I gotta say that was the worst ending I have ever seen in any game, book, movie, news paper etc. It totally distroys replay value. I think the game designers sat in a room and figured how the absolute worst possible way to end the game. I enjoyed the rest of the game but is like puking after a good meal.
Hehe I liked the way you presented your argument. True however, it may ruin second playtroughs for many...

Zomgnome #400164 10/01/10 10:03 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Yup. Just finished 5 minutes ago (credits ran, and I watched flabbergasted)

WTF!!!

All I gotta say. Truly, what purpose did this serve? I feel like everything I did was for naught.

Thank you Larian Studios

Oh, not again....
Don`t you guys get it, it adds to the intrigue, bad endings make way for new begginings!

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
Oh, not again....
Don`t you guys get it, it adds to the intrigue, bad endings make way for new begginings!
Actually, bad endings more often than not serve as an indicator for the likelihood that a series has Jumped The Shark.

Pyrion #400327 11/01/10 01:24 PM
stranger
stranger
Just finished the game and i really like it but i'm very disappointed with the ending! frown

Last edited by Bloodcurse; 11/01/10 01:25 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
Oh, not again....

I agree, BUT ... give the gamers AT LEAST an ending that NOT destroy the replayability and don't break a hero-dream!

Be serious! Read the increasing numbers of gamers they are disappointed with the end !!
Don't forget about many many hours a gamer follow a story, leveling up his hero to defeat the Damned One's enemies .. and then ... crack ... the gamer's dream breaking into pieces!! frown cry

And with a little bit sense/feeling of "fantasy" (I'm sure people who makes a RPG like this HAVE fantasy enough!) they can make a follow-up, a new beginning after each kind of ending!!

I wish to be constructive and say (all of this is just some of my thoughts, not more than that wink )
* make a forumpoll or whatever that asks gamers for ideas for an ending of such a game like D II (or maybe an upcoming RPG ...).
* and give also the possibility to make more than 1 ending for/in 1 RPG!
* maybe a "competition" and a funny prize for the most rewarded "ending-idea".
* rated by forumpeople they give their meaning about all given ideas! So not only a selected group of people.

Last edited by Joram; 12/01/10 11:23 AM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Pyrion #400333 11/01/10 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Pyrion
Actually, bad endings more often than not serve as an indicator for the likelihood that a series has Jumped The Shark.

Divine Divinity`s ending wasn`t good either, the fact that the Divine One takes the Child of Chaos in his care is already menacing, but they still had ideas to make D2ED. So i doubt this has anything to do with jumping the shark.

Last edited by DeviRyuuD; 11/01/10 01:52 PM.

old hand
old hand
I am pretty sure the Larian writers already had the entire story planned from the beginning until the ending before Divine Divinity was even released.

So a forum poll about the ending would be quite superfluous, imo.

veteran
veteran
A poll superfluous? smirk ... that is your meaning! I have mine wink

I'm a great fan of the Larian games, but the endings aren't so good, sorry I must say it again and again! smirk

And when I may choose between DD or D II:
for me DD have a ending I can live with, but also in DD the story comes less stronger after coming in The Wastelands!

But after coming in the Hall of Echoes it is nothing more that a repeat of already killed enemies first and then a unexcept(unexcepted is for me okay!) ending
that is also an ending that breaks the hearts of many heroes! frown

Last edited by Joram; 11/01/10 02:10 PM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Openedge1
Yup. Just finished 5 minutes ago (credits ran, and I watched flabbergasted)

WTF!!!

All I gotta say. Truly, what purpose did this serve? I feel like everything I did was for naught.

Thank you Larian Studios

I agree.
Just finished the game myself.
Firstly, the hall of echoes was extremely easy, I was level 32 and I could kill most of the enemies in 1 or 2 hits.
The last fight ended.. too quickly lol. I did a couple of explosive shots and half of the enemies were already dead, just Zandalor took more hits than others.

Secondly, ending movie was a piece of shit, all that talk from divine was lame and ridiculously boring.
If you take out everything past The Hall of Echoes, than the game is playable, but this ending is miserably stupid.

I must agree, I have never ever seen such a lame and horrible ending as this. And trust me, I have played a lot of RPGs.

Last edited by Urukhai; 11/01/10 03:02 PM.
Urukhai #400410 11/01/10 07:25 PM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
yep 100% truth
u can make bad ending that dont make player want to kick dev ass : look on gothic 1 nameless virtually died but at last he kill his main enemy. but in d2 ? wtf
i rly can eccept fact that evill win whatbver i cannot eccept fact that dragon voice who guid u is not a freeking dragon at all so all hers comments are shietworthy next time u play .
also the main story flaws are rly big : why patriarh send us to save evill woman ? hes a real old dragon ffs and his nam is so magical that can mnake new words so how the fu he dont know that we are tricked? as we can find he dont want damned one go to echoes so why he alow us if we going to that spot for the same reazon damned one want . IS RETARDET and have no sense

they need to make addon asap cuz i will not wait on d3 to find again that wtf ending is retardet .

What you said about Patriarch makes me wonder, why is he in that cave, locked behind a well guarded door, in a room that`s filled with traps. Makes me wonder, what if Damian had him trapped and manipulated him?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
patriarh is like 10000 more powerfull than damian hes just lazy bastard as he say he give a fu aboute humans and theyrs wars etc hes overthis .. and he say that he sit thre to rest hes not hiding or etc and he go in next year or maybe in next 1000 years what is milenium for a dragon. << this are his words . also if y play the game u should know that patrarh wa in ths cave long before damned one was born .

Originally Posted by marcusdavidus
also if y play the game u should know that patrarh wa in ths cave long before damned one was born .

BAKA
You`ve never played Divine Divinity, have you?

old hand
old hand
As you said, the Patriarch doesn't care about what happens on earth. Even if you are the last Dragon Knight. It is not his place to do so... he's just an observer.

He could probably kill the entire world with one word.

virumor #400446 11/01/10 09:18 PM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
devi i played DD but not much cuz got bug and my saves got useless so i go play sacred instead
anyway if im wrong aboute ptrarh im sorry but from what he say i can only thinks that he is in that cave long before damned one was born imho

virumor #400447 11/01/10 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by virumor
As you said, the Patriarch doesn't care about what happens on earth. Even if you are the last Dragon Knight. It is not his place to do so... he's just an observer.

He could probably kill the entire world with one word.

I don't even recall telling The Patriarch why I would want to go to the Hall of Echoes, I just told him I wanted and I neededh is help. :P
Then again, the ending disappointed me. I wouldn't say it's really BAD, but it's far from what I expected. I started the game again with a new type of character, didn't kill replayability. What really 'hurt' me, is the fact that all those struggles in my first playthrough have been for nothing! Man, where is the damn reward for all the fithing? :O Give me a damn statue or somethin'!

Last edited by Willlem; 11/01/10 09:29 PM.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
Willlem #400536 12/01/10 03:50 AM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Ending reminded me of the point where you found out what was really going on in BioShock - "Would you kindly..." mind control smile At least in BioShock you had a little bit more of the game to play and you it had multiple endings...

I can see why most don't like the ending - you do all that work only to find out it was for nothing... But it does setup the next game pretty well - REVENGE!

Sirus #400567 12/01/10 05:29 AM
I just beat the game a few hours ago and was pleasantly surprised. It just sets things up perfectly for Divinity III, which I am already anxiously awaiting.
rpg005

Last edited by ironcreed; 12/01/10 05:29 AM.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard