Print Thread
#400812 12/01/10 09:13 PM
R
Ro3 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I thought of sharing this with everyone in case someone was going through a choppy game.

I started the game and right away the game was choppy. I was irritated because my pc exceeded all the recommendation (6G of RAM, 1G video ram, 3.0Ghz processor, etc). I tried adjusting my pc's video settings to get the game going but nothing worked. Finally, I was getting so fed up that as a last resort, I configured the game's graphic settings to the 'highest' on everything and I checked all the boxes. I then closed the game, reset my pc's graphic settings to default, restarted my pc, and restarted the game…..and the choppy graphics were eliminated. I've been playing without any problems ever since.

Hope this helps someone.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Holy crap! Dude! You're totally right! I was having crazy slowdowns, a 1 minute cut scene would take me 20 minutes. Now, it's running totally smooth. Thanks for saying something instead of just sitting on the answer.

Support
Support

You should re-post this in the First Aid topic, since that will stay visible, and anyone with performance problems may be more likely to see it there after this topic eventually gets bumped off the first page of the forum index.

R
Ro3 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Thanks for the suggestions. I just reposted this under First Aid.

I'm glad to see this helped you Jaenak.

Enjoy the game!

-R

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Yeah I am completely overjoyed. Here I was looking to go SLI and add another GTX 260 Black Edition when I saw this. I had severly lowered fps in certain areas so I went to an area that I know slowed down. Opened options and turned everything from high settings to everything maxed, checked every box and saved changes. I doubled my frames from about 18-20 to 40+. Couldn't believe it and had to post it.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Many thanks! This worked perfectly!
You sir, are awesome.

Last edited by Noroxi; 18/01/10 09:44 AM.
U
apprentice
apprentice
U
Unfortunately didn't work for me smirk

S
S
It worked for me, Win7 Ultimate, ASUS M2N68+, AMD Socket AM3 5200, 2G ram, GTX260, who would have thought that maxing the video would get rid of stuttering

B
stranger
stranger
B
Sounds interesting.

When you say, checked every box, you obviously don't mean checking the timesplice boxes (and so actually lowering graphic quality) too? Cos ticking just the one shadow update box is all I need to tick to double my framerates- at the expense, of course, of moving shadows, frankly no great loss anyway as they look like crud anyway.

So this fix removed all that stuttering you get, for example, when hooning around the fjords in dragon form? Nice!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard