Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
thats wat i thought cuz i didnt see a box with an X or anything...

ill try the 1 and 8 thing on it.

America...
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
yea...numbers dont work....

America...
stranger
stranger
The numbers work for me. Maybe Australian version is different. Try clicking on end before Rhode finishes speaking the last line of dialogue.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
there is no end thats the thing!!! she is the only one without an end..i think she is bugged...

America...
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
still no news about the patch?

America...
stranger
stranger
my problem is that when i try to set my resolution to 1440x900 the game will change to a black screen and i can see only the HP,MP & skill bar!Any idea?

Support
Support

Did you see the topic Solution for "black screen" in game? Hopefully it will help.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
hmm. i havent messed with the resolution since i thought it was just fine for my computer...

maybe u should try switching back to ur old resolution or maybe a different one

America...
D
stranger
stranger
D
I see flying bug and game is suspend, what now?
Any fix it?

I
stranger
stranger
I
Help pls

S
stranger
stranger
S
has there been a solution to the never ending load screen? if so please tell.

E
stranger
stranger
E
no solution ...tried everything people said here..and nothing
we are waiting for a "megapatch" to ease our pain.

S
stranger
stranger
S
and the wait continues. wtf larian? at least let us know what the progress is on this fix. any info would be nice. dont just leave us hangin waiting in the dark.

R
Ryu Offline
stranger
stranger
R
Hi.

Well i've been monitoring you're posts on this matter, and i've also came across this problem myself.
Im good at getting games to run and work with problems, always have been, and I could not help myself on this one.

There is a workaround.

First off, I will not post any links due to forum rules, but you will easily find it.

1: Makes a copy of you're divinity.exe
2: find a site that you can download a no-cd "game crack"
3: Download the German 1.02 exe "comes with an dll which you need too."
4: copy over the german exe and replace with current one.
5: Run the game and load up you're saved game.
6: This will enable you to get past "any" loading screen problems you're having.
7: After you get past, save game and then put the original divinity2.exe back.

This works 100% for the UK version of the game, and as i've not got any other versions, you can try it too.
This method has been tested on 6 pc's with different setups, and works on them all.

There is however 2 problems that you should know about.
One being that while you're using the UK version with the german exe, you will have no ingame sound until you replace it with uk exe.

Second issue is that it seems to skip out the cut scene itself, which means that you wont see the one thats causing the problem.

This is just a work around for people that really want to play this game.

And to the QA people, the problem is with the exe, not the game files.

Enjoy Divinity 2.

S
stranger
stranger
S
i have the us release and have the no ending load screen. i would try your workaround anyway but the problem is that i have never gotten past the load screen after the ladybug movie so i havent gotten a chance to save my game. guess im sh*t out of luck. i even got the new 1.3 patch today and still doesnt do anything. i guess its the waiting game for me still. im getting so pissed off its not funny.

R
Ryu Offline
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by spitfirex81
i have the us release and have the no ending load screen. i would try your workaround anyway but the problem is that i have never gotten past the load screen after the ladybug movie so i havent gotten a chance to save my game. guess im sh*t out of luck. i even got the new 1.3 patch today and still doesnt do anything. i guess its the waiting game for me still. im getting so pissed off its not funny.

Someone has supplied a save game after that first cut scene, you need to download it to pass that.
But, considering that my work around gets you past all loading scenes, the work arouns should still work.

Just use the german exe to make you're new char.
I also tested this and it work time of me making this post.

But, I will still say that this work around is for UK version only, as for other country games, im unsure.

But from what i've came across this work around will indeed work for US, but to get past the first scene someone posted a saved game which goes into:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data

Hope this helps.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I love you

This is the first solid thing that actually fixes my problems. havent checked with new game but i can use teleporters now to bad its a bit time taking to switch the exe files just to teleport but i can continue now and thnx for that.

also this leads me to believe that the bug is caused by the .exe file it self and not other game source which should narrow it down quite a bit for larian to find the fix.

alltho this work around leads to a cheat of some sorts i tried this twice in the maxos temple and both times when i loaded with the german .exe a lvl 8 bandit spawns which drops 1k gold nice added bonus which you dont have to pick up but still can make you freaking rich in some time.

as for the save game i was the person posting that but its taken down and currently not in the possition to make a new legit sorry for that.

Donice.

S
stranger
stranger
S
thanks man. im in game now! before i continue i need a little info. after i switch back to my original .exe the will i have to switch back to the german .exe every time i have to load or is the never ending load happening only on that load screen after the ladybug? if i have to switch everytime the game has to load how will i know when the game is going to load? does this mean i have to be saving very frequently? and as the post above says, will i have to switch .exes every time i want to teleport? thanks in advance. you have done what larian has not been able to do even though its not a permanent fix. you are a genius!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by spitfirex81
thanks man. im in game now! before i continue i need a little info. after i switch back to my original .exe the will i have to switch back to the german .exe every time i have to load or is the never ending load happening only on that load screen after the ladybug? if i have to switch everytime the game has to load how will i know when the game is going to load? does this mean i have to be saving very frequently? and as the post above says, will i have to switch .exes every time i want to teleport? thanks in advance. you have done what larian has not been able to do even though its not a permanent fix. you are a genius!

First off Ryu deserves the credit on finding this out. and i mean all credit to him i just pressed the wrong button and there for did not quote him
Also i have no clue what cutsences might get you stuck and what not. maybe even teleporting will work for you no clue.
after doing what ever you had to do on the german.exe do it save replace and just keep playing on the original it will work fine. been doing that for me on the normal exe except for loading screen at lady bug and teleporting.

also you will proberly find this out but still save very often you rly need to in this game. as the help loading pages state "save often you never know what might come around the next corner" this is a very true statement.

also have several save games just to be on the save side for example before you enter a dungeon and often in the dungeon. and that should do the trick.

otherwise have fun playing.
and again Ryu _o_ nothing but respect for finding this out

Donice

Last edited by Donice; 15/01/10 10:50 PM.
R
Ryu Offline
stranger
stranger
R
No problem guys, glad to help.

And for the people that are wondering if you need todo this often, well only when the original exe has a problem with the cut scene you will have to use this work around.

And yes, multiple saved games, and saving often is a mere formality in "most" rpg's.
I myself done it in swkotor/ff series and many more.

As for Larian, well I have great respect for game dev's that bring us good rpg titles as they are few and far between nowadays. The fact that they have the bugs they do simply means that not enough testing was done, or it was simply rushed out too soon. This normaly happens if they feel that the game development is good enough to work, and would patch on a need to patch basis.

But I can assure you, that the problem is indeed with the exe.
Oh, and yes, some how the german exe alters the games rates, but as soon as I switch to skip a scene or problem, I go back to the original, as I love to earn and save up the money in rpg's to buy a really good weapon/armor ect.

Anyway, once again thanks for the praise and continue to enjoy the game.

Last edited by Ryu; 16/01/10 05:43 AM. Reason: Spelling.
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard