Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#401814 16/01/10 12:23 AM
OP Offline
Hi. I'm going through the Maxos Temple and I found a key that I didn't notice the last time I went through this place. In the large spiral staircase room after the maze area there's this big torch/lantern hanging. Sitting on the rim was a key which I managed to get. At first I thought it was for that stupid buried chest nobody seems to know how to open. It wasn't. If you know can somebody please tell me what it unlocks.

Edit: This is annoying. In the room with Abalam, and the chest with the Orbis Arcesso. I found two more keys. One near Amdusias' chest, and the other in Fendrel's room. One opens the Orbis book chest and the other doesn't seem to open anything. So now I have two keys that don't seem to do anything. Does anyone know what either of these unlocks?

Last edited by 30johner; 16/01/10 01:21 AM.
old hand
old hand
Seems you sound so frustrated over those keys, I give you some answers to chill you down, since I didnt actually touch any chests in maxos temple yet even though I am already over sentinel island

1. Key on the so call big lantern. That key just open the locked chest before the spiral staircase. The chest can be open with high lock pick skill as well evil

2. Key in amdusias's room is for opening the chest which contains orbis arcesso part 1. Where as key in fendrel's room, its for the chest in his room, which possible to be unlock with higher lock pick skill as well evil

I think there is an older thread with regarding keys in quest tab. I already mentioned before that there are quite a number of chests which had keys for them, but still able to be unlocked with lock pick skill. In the end, if you found the keys only after you had unlocked those chests, you will be scratching head like you are now biggrin :hihi:

PS: I just patched the game with the latest 1.03 patch, but still not able to get that half buried chest open.

Last edited by ACSS; 16/01/10 09:42 AM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
yea that buried chest i still dont know how to open that thing plus theirs no key in the 4 rooms to open it maybe it got glitched into a piece of rock i dont know lol. but in the maxos temple make sure when your in the fendrel rooms and the other rooms to look for switches that activate secret passages nbecause theirs a chest in 1 of the secret passages

OP Offline
I think there's only the one secret passage in Amdusias' room. I still can't get the chest in Benedict's room open. Not sure if it matters but I play the Xbox 360 version(US obviously).

Also does Benedict's Diary have a purpose? I mean why is it in the quest items section?

Last edited by 30johner; 17/01/10 12:58 AM.
old hand
old hand
Probably some glitches as you can actually see diary of other priests are just place in your normal inventory tab.

As for benedict room chest, there a key for it. Try search around. It should be in his room, but I could be wrong as I cant really recall. I just know I had a key for it in my inventory.

Last edited by ACSS; 17/01/10 03:23 AM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard