Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
stranger
stranger
S
I finished it last night and the ending could have worked, but it was too rushed, just some dialogue from "Divine" then thats it?
Having Damien walk out vicotrious and your character trapped away was a great idea but in my opinion was let down cause it was too rushed. Its an RPG, you dont slap a 5 minute ending onto it, save those for a game like Tekken.

Slade86 #401588 15/01/10 05:13 PM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
How does my character even get put in the crystal??? I just teleport to it?

Further, Damian's many appearances throughout the game would have sense if he was in on the ruse. But the game clearly states EVEN DAMIAN HAD NO IDEA what Ygerna was manipulating. So they missed a chance right there to have the story make more sense. Damian could have killed the main character at any time, yet keeps letting the PC get away ... it's not like Damian has a care for sparing life.

The only way Damian sparing the PC makes sense is for him to have been in on it. But he wasn't as the game clearly tells us.

old hand
old hand
It's because Damian is a charismatic villain... not to mention the Divine's absence already made him practically invincible.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by MonkeyLungs
How does my character even get put in the crystal??? I just teleport to it?

The only way Damian sparing the PC makes sense is for him to have been in on it. But he wasn't as the game clearly tells us.

That got me a little confused as well confused

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Damian is a revenge obsessed maniac.

Ben-Juda #401923 16/01/10 11:35 AM
G
stranger
stranger
G
I absolutely agree with the original poster. I'm over 40 and I've been gaming since the days of Ultima 4 and this is the WORST ending I have ever seen. I have trouble finding the words to adequately express my hatred of this ending.

The thing about it is that I play games like this for the immersiveness and because I enjoy the feeling that my character is the hero that can solve all of the world's problems. That being the case, if the good guys (i.e. ME) don't win in the end, the entire experience is tainted.

In all seriousness, I don't think I will ever play a game from these developers again unless someone tells me IN ADVANCE how the game ends and I like that ending.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
Oh, not again....
Don`t you guys get it, it adds to the intrigue, bad endings make way for new begginings!

See, that doesn't sell with me, though. I don't WANT intrigue at the end. Intrigue is something that I want **DURING** the game. To me, each game should be a self-contained story in which I win in the end. An ending like this just makes me feel like everything I did in the game was for nothing. That doesn't just sour my feelings about the game -- it makes me not trust the developers ever again.

Glenja #401999 16/01/10 06:38 PM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
For an RPG where the player identifies more with their character the effect of an ending like this is even worse. Larian made a really bad decision with this ending. They also released an extremely buggy game to the new platform they were hoping to garner new fans in.

They need to fire alot of staff members over there.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I think the ending was a good cliff hanger, I believe D3 will be an amazing game as the story unfolds. It would be nice to see in D3, somehow the Slayer Knight gets free, but this time you start the game with your tower and dragon form, would make exploring, storage, and powering up more at hand early on. Having Talana's spirit actually mainfest itself this time would be nice as well as more Patriarch action. I think they intended the game to end on this note, it's not bad, it's a the middle man, kind of like Empire Strikes Back was.

Great job on a good game.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Zero Loveless
I think the ending was a good cliff hanger, I believe D3 will be an amazing game as the story unfolds. It would be nice to see in D3, somehow the Slayer Knight gets free, but this time you start the game with your tower and dragon form, would make exploring, storage, and powering up more at hand early on. Having Talana's spirit actually mainfest itself this time would be nice as well as more Patriarch action. I think they intended the game to end on this note, it's not bad, it's a the middle man, kind of like Empire Strikes Back was.

Great job on a good game.

You know, speaking of the Patriarch, if he wanted to, he could very likely set your character and the Divine free. However, he just seems so apathetic, I'm reasonably sure he wouldn't bother. I think he sealed himself away so people wouldn't pester him, maybe because he would prefer not to be forced to care about others' problems anymore. I didn't like him much, and I kind of feel as if I'm right in disliking him since he sends you off on your merry way to the Hall of Echoes knowing fully well that the consequences will not be good for you.

I doubt the next game will be about the Dragon Knight--not unless the Patriarch decides to make a new one. It would be cool if it were, because so much could be expanded on with the Dragon Knight theme. For instance, a different dragon form, the ability to do ground combat as a dragon (and not to mention use some of those natural weapons, the teeth and claws and tail!), etc. Let's be honest: a Dragon Knight is probably the only thing left that's powerful enough to take down Damian at this point--that we know of. I imagine we'll be given either a human hero, or something new that's more exotic. An elf, maybe? Who knows? (They're supposed to be extinct, but reading the books gave me the distinct impression that maybe they just became goblins!) One of the things that galls me the most about the ending is the fact that you can work all you like to redeem the Dragon Knights, but everyone's probably going to hear how your character aided Damian rather than how you were defeaten while trying to stop him. The Divine will still be praised, but you? You'll be triply reviled. I guess the good people at Larian thought we'd be pleased our character at least got to survive, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather my Dragon Knight be dead. Ah well, we'll see.

Ben-Juda #402327 18/01/10 01:04 AM
B
stranger
stranger
B
To be entirely honest i think, like others, that the ending does set up very well for D3, though, i would have liked to see at least a "New Game +" feature. It was disappointing that i obtained, how many, 4, 5 maybe? Unique items in the fight before the dream sequence, only to equip them, and then lose them as the game ended. Perhaps in a later patch or DLC.

apprentice
apprentice
LOL I liked the ending smile I thought it was a breath of fresh air compared to all the happy "I saved the princess" endings. Not here! I was a tard that followed a voice in my head without question, and I really f!cked up. C'est la vie, estie!

Now I want to make it all better in Divinity III smile

Jorlen #402432 18/01/10 02:33 PM
old hand
old hand
Divinity 3: Quo Vadis, Draco?

Ben-Juda #402452 18/01/10 04:37 PM
stranger
stranger
Yo all I can say is if diviniy 3's ending doesn't make me feel all happy inside i might snap the game in half!

virumor #402456 18/01/10 05:20 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by virumor
Divinity 3: Quo Vadis, Draco?

I like your title :hihi: fits really well!

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
scalla #402577 19/01/10 08:44 AM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I really hated the ending, up until that point I thought it one of my favourite games of 2009, definitely a 9/10 for RPG fans, but i'll never play this game again since Larian decided to snatch away all that I worked for in that game.

Zhuk86 #402580 19/01/10 09:51 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
I liked the ending but I hope you will still use the Dragon Knight character since he seems to be the only one who can take out Flying fortresses
I think maybe Maxos will come to help you since isn't he supposed to be in the Hall of Echoes 2? Plus the fact that he is supposed to be powerful enough to rule the world or maybe the patriach will think Hmm maybe I should do something since Damian is Invincible now.
Another possible solution is the dragon knight realises he can turn into a dragon which could shatter the crystal?
Not to mention the Dragon Knights rising power since he is now free of Ygernas grip on his/her mind.

Hope he gets freed with/without the divine because Larian has killed off alot of species so whats the point in taking out dragon knights?

Last edited by AngryFan; 19/01/10 09:55 AM.

Ehh
AngryFan #403135 21/01/10 03:51 AM
B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by AngryFan
I liked the ending but I hope you will still use the Dragon Knight character since he seems to be the only one who can take out Flying fortresses
I think maybe Maxos will come to help you since isn't he supposed to be in the Hall of Echoes 2? Plus the fact that he is supposed to be powerful enough to rule the world or maybe the patriach will think Hmm maybe I should do something since Damian is Invincible now.
Another possible solution is the dragon knight realises he can turn into a dragon which could shatter the crystal?
Not to mention the Dragon Knights rising power since he is now free of Ygernas grip on his/her mind.

Hope he gets freed with/without the divine because Larian has killed off alot of species so whats the point in taking out dragon knights?

Maxos might possibly help, but as I said before, I can't see the Patriarch doing anything involving humans. Rule the world? To what end? Humans are so short-lived and short-sighted. What's in it for him? Besides, he openly said that he didn't think anything Damian did was going to matter in the long run. Even if Damian is now immortal, what does the Patriarch care?

And I'm not sure really that Maxos would help. From what you learn of him in the game, he doesn't strike me as being "Mr. Nice Guy." Very intelligent, yes, but looks like he'd do anything to get what he wanted. Evidently he did get what he wanted in the Hall of Echoes--even if he wasn't able to leave.

As for transforming into a dragon--I have my doubts. There's not really enough space, the crystal seems to prevent any movement except for one's lips (if you take into account the Divine's wordiness, anyhow), and can you even warp to the Battle Tower? I'm thinking not. If that doesn't work, why should morphing into a dragon?

I read someone's post saying they'd like a New Game +. I'm totally with them--I got epic and unique items, the only ones I've acquired the whole game through, during that final battle. Now unless the game's expanded, I can't use them. Even if it is, I still can't use them, because I can't save after the final battle.

I just really wish the game had a little more hopeful ending. A few days away from the game have made it seem less horrible, but there are plenty of people who absolutely won't play a game that they know to have an unhappy ending. And it really does quell my desire to replay it, though I probably will anyway, given how much I paid for it.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Making bad endings across multiple games just to lead up to the actual good ending in the last game is retarded. Games don't really work that way. Movies you can do that on as you only spend 2-3 hrs watching a movie. Spending 40-60 hrs playing a game to realize you did it all for nothing (especially over and over again) is very disappointing and makes this game a rental (for consoles) or a 10 buck sale item buy. Spending 60 bucks for this crap is worthless. The game itself was great, but the ending completely ruined it. Of course you are going to have all the fanboys jump on here and defend their almighty better than everything game series, which I find quite funny, but as most people have stated, and even the reviews stated....this game is not that great at all. All it would have took was a change to the ending and this game could have been so much better. As it is now, no replay factor whatsoever. The game leaves you feeling like you were cheated and deserve a refund.

B
Bry Offline
stranger
stranger
B
Game was ok...music was lame.
The rumble with all the big shots was way too difficult.
Cherry on top? The ending leaves me feeling cheated. If Larian thinks this will get me to play again they are mistaken.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard