Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Just send your runners after the more expensive stuff like gold ore... You'll have 5K in no time.

Pattywackk: What fort? You mean the battle tower, just follow main quest pointers... Where exactly are you stuck, it takes a while...

Insanity Is Just A Matter Of Opinion
I'd strongly suggest restarting and trying to get up higher level by doing all quests before going to battle tower adn clearing all areas except mine offices (Level 27 dudes).

Do all mind reading in village and other area first before exploring as you'll clear the exp quicker that way.

If you have trouble with this battle you're really going to get hit hard later. I had no issue with hurting the towers here (you are avoiding flying into red buble zones right? These red zones can be disable by switch in the bunker you can see near that area. Other zones can be turned off by destroying buildings...

I myself had no issues with this area, but was a bit higher level. Later when going to two other areas with dragon I had major issues. I made a thread about that actually. Main quest oriented later makes you enter an area and MUST be a dragon and you get swarmed by high level enemies. I didn't last a few seconds even trying to run from them frown. Maybe need more work on my leveling laugh or tactics as I totally dismissed shield skill...

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
how do u get into the fort

best of the best
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
no im in the battle tower it the one the shuts off anti dragon zones

best of the best
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Thanks for the honest answer. I have no intention of playing this whole game again. I finished almost all the side quests that there were to finish throughout the game. I did not know I was gonna have to be a flying/fighting dragon when I spent 60 bucks to buy this game. I had the same trouble with the game Mass Effect. I did fine till I had to drive a car and fight with it, sold that game 2 days later.

From the sounds of it I will have to be fighting with this dragon throughout the rest of the game.
Damn shame, I kinda liked this game. I bought it because I had just finished playing Fable 2 and enjoyed it. Thought this would be along the same lines. Obviously this game is made for a much more experienced gamer than myself.

Anybody that would like to buy a barely used xbox 360 copy of this game can send me a message.

Good luck to all
Thank you!

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
do u get what im saying

best of the best
old hand
old hand
Judging by his level, his pretty much ended all quest available before the fight with laiken. The problem now lies here would be your skills, as well as gears. IF you had a screenshot or infos of your defense rating, then things will be clearer. Also by skills you mentioned invested, your character is just like jack of all trades, which major nothing in the end. If you are really a warrior guy, I dont think you will have so much points into other skills after investing in your major warrior skills.

This is my ranger defense rating before fighting laiken. And from my experience, the gear is capable to last me for another 5 to 6 level more at least. Also how you configure your necromantic creature? What head you are using and level of the head as well.

[Linked Image]

Joram: the most significance differences between high and other mode are, mobs deal more damage to your character. The hp also seems bit higher, which I cant confirm. Your attack also do bit less damage on them.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Lurene
First strike one nest, and run for shelter to heal. Save and redo.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work in Dragon Form, at least, not for me. No dragon healing items, dragon doesn't seem to regenerate at all right after you beat Laiken. Run away and heal has been my primary strategy throughout the whole game.

Safe areas? Are there any? I can't find 'em if there are. Would I need human form?

Is there a strategy for this, or am I stuck til I find a trainer. I think I've lasted about 64 seconds before dying at the most.

old hand
old hand
Hp wont auto regen in dragon form, but mp will. If you had obtain all dragon armor parts in broken valley and sentinel island, you should have had at least has rank 1 in dragon healing skill, since a part of the armor does make the skill available.

As for the 1st fight in dragon after killing laiken, if you do notice, all those catapults and nests are sitting on some floating island. The area is so big for your dragon to fly around, where you can even hide yourself at the bottom of those floating island, where no attack can even reach you. The numbers of catapults are little in this 1st fight and its easy enough to evade their blasts. Same goes to those flying undead as well. All their attacks had a range, when you are out of the range, those attack wont even reach you.

If you are in orabas fjords, you can manual interchange between human and dragon to healing, but I hardly see the need of it.

Joram: I think the hp of mobs is indeed more in difficulty mode. I try killing a group of imp in depleted ore mine, lvl 20, 21 with explosive arrow, it took me 5 cast to completely wipe them out. My explosive arrows are doing around 320-300+ damage on each blow. 4 cast of it still not able fully kill them, but take them close to death only. I dont recall they having such high hp when I was here with my warrior last time in medium difficulty mode. And my ranger is lvl 22 by the way.

Last edited by ACSS; 20/01/10 08:26 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Thanks.

Apparently I was too quick to whine, as I had a dragon skill book and I used it to purchase Dragon Spirit.

Then, I hid around my tower. Plenty of places, especially if you go out and destroy the ballistae around your tower. It is a very new thing for me, to have to cast any healing spells at all. I used to just sit in a safe place and regenerate.

This game is really difficult sometimes, and the answer isn't always within easy reach. This (and the battle with Laiken) were the only times I was really frustrated, though. A lot of times the answer can be found simply by running around and exploring. In this case, it was kinda hard to explore when I was dying in an average of 15-20 seconds.

Thank goodness my tower has more dragon armor pieces. I'll need to look into what they do more, now that I've sent upwards of 60 items to my Tower.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ACSS

This is my ranger defense rating before fighting laiken. And from my experience, the gear is capable to last me for another 5 to 6 level more at least. Also how you configure your necromantic creature? What head you are using and level of the head as well.

Where did you get the cuirass & boots? Are those just lucky loot drops?

old hand
old hand
The sky is wide and there a lot possibilities with different terrain. This is how it makes the game interesting, unlike normal rpg which just auto attack when you click on the enemy and wont need to think of anything else beside using items and skills. This is an action rpg which required you utilized what you have, as well as the terrain of your surroundings. When you get the hang of it, basically most battles in the game will just be easy as abc.

virumor: quest reward, both legendary gears.

Last edited by ACSS; 20/01/10 09:26 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ACSS
virumor: quest reward, both legendary gears.

Which quest?

The only legendary gear in the early game I remember is a helmet from Lovis' quest.

old hand
old hand
Lovis never give any helm quest. Only amdusias has a permanent helm which has 2 enchantment slot in his chest, but that not legendary item.

There only 2 quests in broken valley that will provide legendary items as reward. Lovis quest where you help him getting back his soul stone, and the quest from george gremory, which he will reward you after defeating a lvl 13 demon which he summoned.

Lovis's chest will contain random legendary armor, and gremory reward with random legendary armor, weapon and trinkets, where you can only pick 1.

There are also 2 chests in broken valley and sentinel island which has random heroic items, which is chest inside naberius storage, and the chest in the library of battle tower where the goblin is. Both are the only chests that required rank 5 lock pick to unlocked in the early days.

Last edited by ACSS; 20/01/10 09:43 AM.
Forrest Ninja: I'd then sugest taking the game back. AS dragon fighting is a must and being decent at it is a MUST. Mastering this game also seems to be a must as if you miss too much exp you are scre... BTW in Mass effect you never have to fight with the vehicle, you can get out and let your team fight. It is even better that way wink.

pattywackk: Remember you can fall ANY height and survive. I got to the tower that shuts off the red zones by flying above those zone on beach and dropping down I think... Or did I use teleporter near blind man... hmmm... Been a while. If you are standing near the grand knight shrine and looking at red zones the teleport is on a plateua on the mountain ahead and to your left. You can't go very far without turning those zones off so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

journeyman
journeyman
@Phalzyr: ...and when you fight outside the Mako, you actually earn more XP. The Mako should only be used as transportation. wink

Last edited by spif2001; 20/01/10 02:10 PM.

"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Sounds to me like you need to re-spec and focus on ONE class for the powerfull shots...then branch to some other class skill(s) that will help keep you alive......... Magic missile FTW i also got lucky and got a creature head that was specced lvl 7 magic missile, lvl 7 Magic Blast lol so its quite a powerfull magial duo :P

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
stranger
stranger
Forrest Ninja,

I was discouraged too. But I found I could fight on the beaches by going toward the group and then running back, luring the nasties one by one and killing them. (Like you, I'm a sword person.) The importance of having a strong creature (I call mine "Puppy") shouldn't be overlooked, he's a big help! Lure a nasty out of the group then run away and let your Creature have at him, run in now and then to get some shots in. I leveled up a lot just clearing the beaches.
You won't get far with the dragon until you knock out the force fields. And to do that you need to do some fairly heavy fighting in the cave, but using the same technique, I managed it.
I am a terrible flyer! But getting better. The 1st time I had to fly in a game was in Avatar and I hated it. Then I bought this and loved the game, so learning to fly the dragon is worth it.

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Im trying man. Frustrating as it is. Good luck.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I too was haveing trouble with dragon .Then I reread My manuel and looked at dragon controls.Hot key target lock,press lock when you see target then press No.1 ,that will take care of that.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard