Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
stranger
stranger
D
I agree I only spent 50 getting it when it was released on steam but getting to play till the CS with the Dragon Knight I was so looking forward to being a dragon and then the infinite loading screen I have heard so much about. I have a brand new Radeon 4890 4 gigs of ram and a quad core and I cant run the game it kills me to waste money like that.
I have been sitting on the game for over a month and I can only look at the icon since mobs don't re-spawn I have nothing left to do till a patch comes out heh.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BartucTheBloody
Cant you just force Vsync through the control panel? Sorry if I missed one of your past posts or if you said you tried this already, but I definitely noticed screen tearing, which is caused by the graphic card sending frames too fast for the monitor. After I enabled Vsync through the Nvidia control panel it went away. It limits the frames per second to your monitor's refresh rate, mine is 60.

Yes buddy. Trust me, me and a lot of other people tried everything possible up to even installing omega drivers and ATI Tray tools and re-installing windows XP and windows 7 over a dozen times to cover any possible mistake in-between.

Me and 3 other friends tried everything within our technical grasp (and 2 of us are computer engineers) to sort the issues as we are really dire fans of Divinity1.

The game has a tearing/stuttering problem on some PCs as was already complained in RPGwatch.com, this forums, Youtube, Gamespot and a couple more i dont have links now as i am in work atm.

i Never thought it was possible of a company as Larian that was so close to fans in the past to just ignore the fanbase this way at least in saying if its going to be fixed or not.

At least say it won't be fixed, i can print-screen it and go to the store and get my money back.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Its great that there is a new Patch downloading it right now.

Funny I havent had many problems at all with this game and loving it apart from at the beginning I had the ever loading screen ,so as a lot of you I came to the Forum and searced around and found somebody had just hit 8 on the Number pad and to my amazemnt it worked for me and as ever since on accaintions when it had done that.

Last edited by Munch1981; 20/01/10 04:25 PM.
old hand
old hand
Hello,

So far, we've managed to fix problems on systems that have sluggish performance by tweaking the graphic settings. Could the people who have problems please let us know that they still have the reported problems if they put the settings on low ? Not that we'd want you to put it on low if your system is clearly capable of handling the game, but we'd like to isolate what's causing the problems reported here as we can't reproduce them on a variety of hardware. We'd very much like to provide fixes if they are indeed related to the game, but we cannot configure every single configuration out there.

Regarding the 360 patches - we have a patch in submission for the savegame issue & are awaiting feedback from Microsoft. We are also working on 360 patches for the other versions but don't have a shortcut for getting them to you, much as we'd want to. In case you're wondering, we're not going to let you down on this and are endeavouring to get them out. As a matter of fact, we actually had 360 patches ready for day 1 release, but the path between Larian and your 360 is unfortunately very long.

apprentice
apprentice
Hello Lar_q,

Anything in the works for us poor souls who can't even get past the "start new game" screen?

Thx

"believe in what gods you may, but TRUST in cold hard steel!"
stranger
stranger
Hi Lar_q and KnightPT
I also had major problems with Divinity 2 - very poor performance in menus - inventory about 5-6 FPS and in game (all settings set to medium and resolution to 1360x768) 25-40 FPS.
But now its all gone - some forum user proposed to use russian crack - yeah it's lame I know, but I tried it anyway and... everything works perfectly now! All settings set to max and I still have solid 60 PFS and o stuttering in menus..
I have original Polish version of D2 so I don't know if I gonna use this because it may cause compatibility problems with my savegames.
Still maybe it's the problem with protection used in D2?

...and I won't say a word, that having original game I still need to use crack to fully enjoy game wink

U
apprentice
apprentice
U

Last edited by lynn; 23/02/10 11:27 AM. Reason: Spam
U
apprentice
apprentice
U
For easier reading @Lar_q - I've tried to put everything on low...not much difference. I am using latest ATi drivers - 9.12 hotfix. And it seems that there is more than just a single configuration ;-)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Hello,

So far, we've managed to fix problems on systems that have sluggish performance by tweaking the graphic settings. Could the people who have problems please let us know that they still have the reported problems if they put the settings on low ? Not that we'd want you to put it on low if your system is clearly capable of handling the game, but we'd like to isolate what's causing the problems reported here as we can't reproduce them on a variety of hardware. We'd very much like to provide fixes if they are indeed related to the game, but we cannot configure every single configuration out there.

Regarding the 360 patches - we have a patch in submission for the savegame issue & are awaiting feedback from Microsoft. We are also working on 360 patches for the other versions but don't have a shortcut for getting them to you, much as we'd want to. In case you're wondering, we're not going to let you down on this and are endeavouring to get them out. As a matter of fact, we actually had 360 patches ready for day 1 release, but the path between Larian and your 360 is unfortunately very long.

Yes, even on lowest settings the stuttering and tearing is still there, in fact, its even worse.

The problem is that the game engine tries to render too much frames ahead if your GPU is capable and is not working at full capacity (5870 ATI in my case, but its the same on a Nvidia GTX285 and NVIDIA GTX275 and ATI 4890 that i've tried).

- I've tried removing and enabling every option in the D2 graphic panel in over 2 days of testing and over hundreds of possible combos (HDR disabled, but tree distance lowest, HDR enabled and lower resolution, you know... trying to isolate anything that might be going wrong)

- In a driver level, we've tried forcing V-sync, disabling it, forcing triple buffering, tried diferent Hz on diferent monitors, diferent desktop resolutions, diferent Operating systems, diferent driver versions.

Anyways, i'm tired. Me and 3 other people dedicated a full weekend to this and then some random hours per week during 2 months trying to get to some conclusion but the only thing we can come up with is that:

"this engine tries to run too many frames ahead of the present frame, then slows down to catch up, then speeds up again, and when that happens, an horizontal "tearing" large strip happens in a random location on the screen"

This mainly happens on faster cards, capable of rendering a lot of FPS, much more than what the game is demanding. We've tried using an external FPS cap program, but it caps it at 30 FPS and turns the game very sluggish and with random crashes so we had to disable it.

Last edited by KnightPT; 21/01/10 02:36 PM.
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I love you. Waited so long for this shit, finally its here. Time to take a break from WOW smile

apprentice
apprentice
Hi KnightPT smile

Hey you might want to try this...

I know that in my Nvidia Control Panel there's a setting that is specifically for Advanced Rendering.

The default is 3

I had to change it to 1 to get Sacred 2 to run smoothly. At 3 it was so laggy and choppy I could hardly move. Set to 1 it's as smooth as glass wink

Just wanted to mention it.

Hope it helps, I'd assume that there's a similar function that can be adjusted for Ati cards.

Regards

"believe in what gods you may, but TRUST in cold hard steel!"
V
stranger
stranger
V
I cannot patch this game. I have English DVD version (cz manual) 1.0.15.79. And patch (400+MB) states that i have not english version of the game. Autoupdater states, that game is up to date... :-/

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Rolend
Hi KnightPT smile

Hey you might want to try this...

I know that in my Nvidia Control Panel there's a setting that is specifically for Advanced Rendering.

The default is 3

I had to change it to 1 to get Sacred 2 to run smoothly. At 3 it was so laggy and choppy I could hardly move. Set to 1 it's as smooth as glass wink

Just wanted to mention it.

Hope it helps, I'd assume that there's a similar function that can be adjusted for Ati cards.

Regards

Thanks m8, unfortunately i already tried that. I had to get a work-around with ATI tray tools but to no sucess.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Oww, seems like stuttering is still present with no change. I hoped it will be fixed. Also the animations are still kinda laggy (like when you start running after an attack, ur character begins to move before the animation of running begins), pretty disappointing. When it comes to FPS my pc dosent have difficulties with maintaining a good frame-rate around the high settings, but the stuttering, oh, the stuttering... Doesn't matter if its extreme or low, stuttering occurs very much the same. I had stuttering in Oblivion and Fallout 3, but in no way as serous and visible as in Divinity 2. I hope you will find a way to fix it, as even if upgrading my PC might solve it, it should work fine on my PC as it is. Good luck Larian studios, ill post my Divinity 2 play till this will be fixed, and if not, please let us know (I can play as it is, but I prefer to wait for a patch as long as its inside the "might come out" area).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KnightPT
This mainly happens on faster cards, capable of rendering a lot of FPS, much more than what the game is demanding. We've tried using an external FPS cap program, but it caps it at 30 FPS and turns the game very sluggish and with random crashes so we had to disable it.

Overclocked GTX260 here, no sluttering at all. Almost always 60FPS in-game, 30FPS cap in menus (coz it's on flash with 30fps cap, obviously).

Also, have you tried FPSlimiter (info)? Works for DX9/XP only, tho.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I was just thinking of getting HD5850, but I fear this might not fix the problem. Anyone with an HD5850 here that can say if it works well for him?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kein
Originally Posted by KnightPT

Overclocked GTX260 here, no sluttering at all. Almost always 60FPS in-game, 30FPS cap in menus (coz it's on flash with 30fps cap, obviously).

Also, have you tried FPSlimiter (info)? Works for DX9/XP only, tho.

Tried it thanks. didnt work.

My frames are always @ 60, they dont budge (with v-sync ofc, wich is the ideal) so its not realy a FPS issue, the problem is that @ 60 FPS, synced with our LCDs at same frequency, the Tearing is way over the top. If i disable V-sync its the same, so it seems that v-sync is not realy cutting the tearing, just limiting the FPS @ 60, wich is not normal for a game using v-sync) Large horizontal stripes apear on the screen, like if i had the V-sync disabled and 300 FPS (the behavior is similar)

PLaying this game with v-sync and playing another game with no v-sync @ 300 FPS is the same, tearing-wise, realy bad.

I guess there is some kind of incompatability between the engine code and V-sync that just limits the frames @ 60, but the image is rendered inconsistantly to the screen.

Last edited by KnightPT; 22/01/10 02:21 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Xbox 360 patch would be fantastic! I love the game but the glitches are very frustrating!

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Vankomycin
I cannot patch this game. I have English DVD version (cz manual) 1.0.15.79. And patch (400+MB) states that i have not english version of the game. Autoupdater states, that game is up to date... :-/

Still it is not working. Any solutions? Game is not installed into default directory.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Hello,

Now I remember that one guy from old 1.02 patch thread provided some feedback, it's HERE.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard