Print Thread
#40313 18/03/03 06:26 AM
S
Saggie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I'm wondering, is it possible for one to complete this game relying solely on weapons and passive skills? The reason I ask is because neither my hotkeys nor my right mouse button works so I can't use any spells or non-passive skills. Thanks for all the help.

#40314 18/03/03 06:48 AM
veteran
veteran
Oh, dear, I can't access the old forum, although I've got some links - there was a post in the tech. Forum about mouse probs. The only advice I can give you is: Make a backup from your saves, uninstall, shut down the PC, defragment and then reinstall the game again, shutting off all background programs like Antivir, Outlook, Firewall, internet etc.
I gather all your drivers are up-to-date? I have a Logitech mouse and only use the MS standard drivers for a wheel mouse, same goes for my keyboard.

The game will be hard without the right click: active skills work with it. And even if you're a warrior: No swirl attack possible then... And for some quests you have to use the right mouse.

Did you have the prob from the very beginning? Or did it start with a corrupt savegame?

#40315 18/03/03 07:55 AM
Support
Support
Try deleting all of the files in the '..\Divine Divinity\Run\Dynamic' folder. Then re-boot (amazing how many weird glitches that can get rid of), shut down all non-essential programs, fire up Divinity, start a new game and see if hotkeys/right clicking work. If so, check your latest save again.
This folder is used as a cache for the game. Files are created / copied there from the save game folder when you load, and written / copied from that folder when you save a game. The files will be re-created as required the next time you start the game. If there was a corrupt file in that folder, deleting the files should fix the problem.

After this, if a new game works but your main one doesn't, there may be something wrong with the saved game folder itself. If neither work, there could be a problem with the game, in which case re-installing might help.
Zip or otherwise backup your saved games folder to another location first, just in case. Then un-install, re-boot, shut down all non essential programs (especially anti-virus), re-install the game, perhaps start the game and see if the problem persists (usually not necessary, but would help identify problems cause by the patch), re-boot, shut down all non essential programs, install the patch, re-boot, shut down all non essential programs, start the game. This procedure is a bit over-cautious, but the best way to avoid install problems.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard