Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hey guys..
I have a problem..Downloaded this game on steam.. When i try to launch the game it says " This data is not compatible with this version " ???
I dont know what to do.. have tried everything.. re-installed 3 times, updated everything.. and my comp is up to date..
any ideas why this happens to me??

Hope u can help, so my money isn`t spend on nothing!

Support
Support

Does Steam list a checksum value for the download file, so you can check if it got corrupt? It probably would not have installed if it was corrupt, though...

Did you install the game as administrator (if you are running Vista/7)?

Did you shut down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before installing and trying to start the game?

S
stranger
stranger
S
"Data is not compatible with this version" sounds like the data files aren't compatible with the executable.

What are you updating? There is noting on STEAMS website about an update [assuming STEAM version is already patched with the latest].

Can you download the demo and see if that works? If it does- then there should be no reason why the Steam version shouldn't install/run.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
with update i meant that i had my directX and PhysX updated.. I dont know if i can see antwhere if it where corrupted.
I have tried 4 time now to uninstall and install with every advice i could spot on forums, and I tried to shut down everything accept steam when installing it so.. I actually downloaded the demo before buying the game but the demo wouldn`t do anything not even start up and give a error, but i assumed it just was a small prob with the demo..

J
stranger
stranger
J
I did not download this game, but bought it at Walmart and installed it, after playing for about a week I got this exact message and I still have not been able to solve it.

I have completely removed all registry entries dealing with the game and physX, uninstalled and removed left over save game data. I still continue to get "This data is not compatible with this version" error along with a "Never version of Physx is installed".

J
stranger
stranger
J
Solved it,

I downloaded a program called Unlocker, inside the program folder is a file called "Installation.ini" this file would not manually delete because of it being corrupted, I used unlocker by right clicking the file and selecting unlocker (once you install unlocker it will show up in right click boxes)
and allowing it to delete the file or folder on reboot.

Reinstalled the program and it works fine now.

GL to you!

Support
Support

Thanks for the feedback.

Welcome to the forum. wave

old hand
old hand
I just updated to patch version 1.3 and getting this same error message at start up.

I've no idea what the aforementioned 'unlocker' program is.

Guess for now I'll have to reinstall the game and get back to patch version 1.2

Support
Support

Try a clean reinstall of the game and patch. Uninstall the game, reboot, delete the 'Divinity 2' game folder if it still remains (saves are in a different locations) as well as the 'Profile' folder (see below), install the game, reboot (optional), and install the patch.

The unlocker program is a utility to delete files that Windows will not let you (or a program's uninstall) delete normally, because some program has it marked as being in use, or Windows thinks it does. If you have a problem clearing out the game files after uninstalling, booting into Safe Mode will usually allow you to delete any corrupt files (hold F5 down on Windows start, or F8 for a boot menu, IIRC).

In Vista / Win 7 the graphics configuration file, at least, is in the folder below (I have the Xbox version).

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Profile

or in XP

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Profile

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders.

old hand
old hand
I re-installed & it works now. Thanks.

BTW: in the game there is a General "Raze"... is this just a coincidence? wink

Support
Support

There are a few forum member names in the game as NPCs (Xanlosch, Barnabus, Stone) or items (the sword Myrthos), Ddraigfyre was used as a password, etc. I've tried to avoid reading too many spoilers, so there may be more...

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard