Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I'm playing the fully patched US PC version. Intermittently when restoring a saved game, doors totally disappear. There's just a blank wall or even a black untextured void where the doors are supposed to be. The savegame is permanently corrupted and there's no path to recovery beyond using an earlier save. There are several other posts about this scattered across these forums and elsewhere.

How could this totally gamebreaking critical path bug still exist? We had to wait months for Div2 to make it to the states, I just bought it yesterday, fully patched it, and it's totally unplayable. Shelved.

Anyway, venting aside, are there any workarounds? Beyond waiting X weeks/months for the next patch or returning the game?

Last edited by Rodalpho; 08/01/10 05:45 PM.
stranger
stranger
Same problem here. Bought the game the instant it appeared on Steam, downloaded it overnight, and couldn't wait to play the next day. A couple hours in, I got my savegame corrupted with the no doors thing. Very saddening. Hopefully a patch will be forthcoming soon.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
They haven't actually acknowledged the bug on the PC version, only the 360. If possible, try to return the game. You can always buy it again when/if they fix it.

old hand
old hand
Are you both playing the Steam version?

Did you save a game and load this game before you noticed this?

What hardware are you playing on?

Tweeting @forktong
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I'm playing the retail US PC version, patched to enUS 1.03.

Yes, it only happens when I load save games. Doors disappear, my character's location is weirdly reset, and the save is corrupted. First noticed it at the first town after farglow when I loaded a savegame and was in the barracks with no doors.

I'm on a core i7 920 with 3GB RAM and a geforce 9800GT on win7 64bit.

Thanks for acknowledging the bug!

W
stranger
stranger
W
I have US PC-dvd version 1.0.12.52 straight off the shelf at Best Buy.
I went into some small little trapdoor in the ground in the first area, when I went back to the barracks, the doors were either voids of blackness, or bricked over. Even if I reload, the doors are still gone. My other post explains all the other problems I am having frown

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel QX9650 extreme
nvidia g-force 275
4 gigs ram 1600Mhz

stranger
stranger
I'm playing the US Steam version (the title screen says v1.3.15.112).

Also, like Rodalpho, I first encountered the door bug after Farglow in Broken Valley. I went in and out of many buildings with no problems, killed some goblins, did a couple quests, and then I entered the tavern, saved my game, reloaded my game, and then found that the door to leave had vanished. Reloading my savegame now always yields the same result: the door is still missing.

Here are my specs:

Windows XP with SP3 (32-bit)
Intel Core2Quad Q6600
Radeon 4850 512MB
3GB RAM

Last edited by Tiberius; 13/01/10 04:17 AM. Reason: Tried to clarify a bit better
old hand
old hand
Okay, thanks for the answers. We have not been able to reproduce this yet, but we are looking into it.

Tweeting @forktong
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Try quicksaving and reloading a couple of times inside and outside the barracks in the town just after farglow. It's easily reproducible for me, but doesn't literally happen every single time a savegame is overwritten.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I have same problem, simple to do, set F5 to quick save, set F6 to quick restore.
During a restore you will all of sudden pop up in random spot and doors are gone and the save file is hosed.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Is there a solution to this bug yet? Quickloaded in a tavern and now I am stuck there with all the doors gone. I don't have any other saves so my game is totally ruined.

P.S. This bug seems to be present in all the versions as I am playing ver 1.03 Russian localization.

Last edited by Kardox; 21/01/10 07:00 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Rodalpho
Try quicksaving and reloading a couple of times inside and outside the barracks in the town just after farglow. It's easily reproducible for me, but doesn't literally happen every single time a savegame is overwritten.

It was indeed the quicksaving that made this reproducible. Thanks for reporting! Fixing!

Tweeting @forktong
S
S
try using the "ESC" key and save to a new slot and see if it continues

stranger
stranger
I too experienced this problem.

See: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthr...save+game&topic=0&Search=true#Post403931

Is there a way to cheat and warp back to home or something?

H
stranger
stranger
H
i allso have the same problem:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=411280#Post411280

it happens when you quicksave them quickreload inside the first town. what happens is that you respawn outside of the town near the gate insted inside where you saved and all the doors in all the biukdibgs we go black and wont work.

please fix it sad

H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by ForkTong
Okay, thanks for the answers. We have not been able to reproduce this yet, but we are looking into it.

just type in google "Divinity II doors disappear" and you will see many pepole in many forums (and also one game review) whos reporting this bug. this is a critical bug that wont let pepole who bought the game keep on playing - so please fix it as soon as possible.

Last edited by huber; 20/04/10 10:01 AM.
stranger
stranger
Post removed
Reason: vulgar language

Last edited by lynn; 23/04/10 01:39 PM.
Support
Support

Other 8 or 10 year old boys may be impressed when you use vulgar language, but most people will just dismiss you as being very immature. The point of your statements, if any, is lost due to your poor communications skills.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Inappropriate language aside, it's now 4 months later and this is still not patched on the PC.

Support
Support

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect the next patch much before the add-on is out (August/September). With additional changes being made to the game, it doesn't really make sense to release multiple patches when a great deal of time and effort can be saved by combining the testing and release procedures for the patch and add-on. In particular, Microsoft has limits on the size and number of patches that can be released for Xbox games, though I would think the various publishers for the PC versions would also want to avoid too much duplication.

Though slightly less convenient, this problem can be avoided (if it occurs on the system in question) by not over-writing saves, and not using the quicksave function.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard