Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#402701 19/01/10 07:24 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
The quest Down the Hatch in the fjords requires me to find some drudanae and the Chalice of the Dragon in order to open a hatch supposedly leading to a Dragon Knight. I have found both. My todo text in the logbook says:

I have gathered both the Chalice and the Drudanae. I should return them to Jedediah and let him unlock the hatch leading to the dragon knight.

...but Jedediah the quest giver won't take them and the question mark above his head hasn't turned bright yellow!? mad

When I talk to him, he says: The Dragon Knight returns! I hope your search fares well.

My only answer option is: Goodbye for now, Jedediah! frown

The hatch is locked and it can't be opened by lockpicking. Am I missing something vital here, or is this quest seriously bugged?

"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?"
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
where did u find those two things

best of the best
old hand
old hand
Another bug it seems. I never had such problem during my time. Just gather the things needed and pass to him and the hatch will be open.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
*sigh* ok - a quest not meant to be done by me then. Annoying...

"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?"
stranger
stranger
So where did you find the items for this quest?

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
The herbs can be purchased from Nicolas in High Hall. He is around the corner of the first house on left as you enter. Or you can go thru the house and down basement hatch come up to his secret garden and pick some for free.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
the chalice is in the slayer camp i trade the guy a certin sword u get from a ghost in the beginig

best of the best
D
D
For the quest not working try leaving the area, by that I mean go to broken valley or that other area, river town?, and then come right back in and try it.
I had a couple glitches on quests like that, and going out of the area and then back in fixed them.
Loading a saved game or even going to my battle tower did not fix them. Only leaving the area and coming back did, that knocks something loose.

Pattywackk you could have mind read him and used that info to have him give you the chalice for safe keeping as well. Works either way though as that sword is pretty worthless anyways, I carried it around the whole game in my backpack thinking it may hold some kind of significance later in the game but that never happened.
You can even find the shield to that sword in the same area that people are having trouble getting into in this thread. It's under the dragons claw on the floor if I remember correctly.
Nice piece of 500 year old rock hard bread in the corner as well. biggrin
I want to know what candles they use as well to last those hundreds of years. claphands

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
watercoooled i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (4+4 cores)
EVGA (Nvidia) GTX 275 graphics
Creative X-fi elite pro sound card.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have tried everything. Loading, leaving/returning, doing other quests and returning etc.

It is broken beyond repair.

Nevermind - I have completed the game and I have all it's achievements. Time to move on...

old hand
old hand
For Drudane, 5k gold or exp for it.

As for chalice, you basically dont need mindread. If you choose hermosa, just help the slayer by killing the prisoner for extra exp. Return to him for reward to complete the quest. Then choose to take the chalice by force and you can slay the whole camp slayers for extra exp, as well as getting the key for the locked chest which contain the chalice.

As for Arben's shield, it will only be there if you mindread Arben in the early day in broken valley. This is like getting Razakel's hammer when killing Barnabus.

D
D
Well that is why the shield was there then as I mind read everybody and I mean everybody. Oh the things I've heard. eek grin

Last edited by Diff_1; 26/01/10 08:23 AM.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
watercoooled i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (4+4 cores)
EVGA (Nvidia) GTX 275 graphics
Creative X-fi elite pro sound card.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I had problems with this quest as well, but whilst searching my inventory I found that the Drudanae herbs that I had picked after going through Nicolas' Cellar was not actually in my inventory - so I had to return to him and buy the herb.

This fixed it for me.

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Do you happen to have a savegame? We're unable to reproduce this issue. Preferably a save before you accepted the quest and a save when you ran into the issue.

ALF #425007 10/11/10 10:35 AM
Yeah you can easily send the drudanae to your dragon chest along with your other ingredients without noticing but you need them in your inventory to finish the quest.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I'm also seeing a bug in this quest. The drudanae part of the quest always says I still need the drudanae, even though I have it. This is possibly because I had the drudanae before getting the quest. I can, however, still talk to jedediah and 'finish' the quest.

The quest advances, and the cutscenes start where jedediah is speaking gibberish. But, somewhere, the spell goes all wrong, and I end up with a Microsoft VC++ dialog box telling me that the application requested to exit in an invalid way, something about a pure virtual function call (I told you the spell went wrong).

I then came to the forums, and read that leaving the zone might help, so I did that. I flew into Broken Valley, killed a few towers, and returned. I tried it again, and the jedediah got a couple lines further with the spell, and then it crashed the same way it did the first time.

I got the game through Steam (the Dragon Knight Saga Pack), and am running XP.

Let me know if there's something else I should do. I do have a savegame, if you want it.

gravidy, please send a savegame to support@larian.com and reference this thread.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard