Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
1st of all why do you have to stop moving to shoot an arrow? Because when theres a big mob and you have to stop to ahoot then hey catch up to you and your done.

Last edited by Freewheeler; 23/01/10 05:32 PM.

If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.
veteran
veteran
Rangers need to get their creature as early as possible, and if that doesn't work, they need to do a lot of jumping and retreating. One important fact is that Poison Arrows always stagger the enemy, even if it's a skeleton and probably immune to poison, and Poison Arrows have a short cooldown. Use Poison arrows to stagger enemies getting too close, and jump and roll away from enemies who get even closer.

old hand
old hand
When there's a big mob, rangers shoot explosive arrows and watch everything die on the spot.

apprentice
apprentice
Thing is... you really need the creature from the beginning so that a ranged build will work. Otherwise, there simply isn't a way to cc large groups so you can plink away.

It's disappointing to go that route and find that you get mobbed so much that melee is pretty much the only thing you can do (seriously, who other than ranged enemies, is going to sit and let you plink away and kill them?)

(cc = crowd control)

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
I already restarted from my ranger game to a warrior and im going to beat the game as a warrior then retry a ranger as a ranger. But thanks for the ideas for my next game.

If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.
S
S
once you get enough skill, Ranger is the only way to go

old hand
old hand
You can always back leap and continue shooting again. No one force you to stand there letting the mob slaughter you.

old hand
old hand
With Ranger Stealth, the ranger can pull enemies one by one... and if they get close, use Ranger Surprise so you can easily switch to melee and finish them off.

old hand
old hand
There are various ways you can play a ranger. My ranger is the type which dont use melee at all.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Shocker
once you get enough skill, Ranger is the only way to go

Really? You can do enough damage and play keep-away long enough to effectively kill groups of enemies? I assume you mean with a conjured demon to hold aggro?

O
stranger
stranger
O
This is my "Easy Ranger build" :-

Always use the creature once you get it.
Ranger Strength - Max
Explosive Arrows - Max
Way of the Ranger - Max
Wisdom - Max
Lock pick - Max
Ranger Stealth - 5
Mind Read - 5
Potion Efficiency - 1
Evade - 1
Any points left? Get a Summon.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard