Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stubbie Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Good news!
Impulse have just released the latest patch for their digital download version of the game.
To check if you have the latest version go to the Divine Divinity main menu.
The version number shown should be 1.005A

I can at least confirm that it has fixed the spinning npc problem. Thanks Larian.
So for me its on with the show......for now. smile

stranger
stranger
Yes!! I got the impulse patch too just now and it fixed my problems too!!

No...
P
stranger
stranger
P
Haven't checked on the spinning NPCs yet, but it's fixed the crash in the area with Josephine, and I can now pick up items that I couldn't before near the imp castle.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Spinning NPCs in the Impulse version are fixed for me also, as are the crash fighting the boss Orc in the Southeast, and the inability to enter the dwarven mines to complete the dwarven council member quest. Looks good!

stubbie Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
That's great to hear.
Thanks for the feedback PubliusNV. smile

Last edited by stubbie; 27/01/10 08:16 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Great that it's finally here! Willl the patch work on the GOG version too?

Support
Support

GOG will have to release a patch for their version (which should be coming soon, I would think).

I downloaded DD on Impulse yesterday and I have a problem. I have installed the game and played it, some problems occoured. I then clicked 'Verify Installation' and was told to download an update. I downloaded the update, which appears to be succesfully downloaded. When I want to 'Run' the game via Impulse (or from the game folder), it gives an error message that says:
"Unable to write to the installation directory.

Pleae make sure that there is still free space on the drive where Divinity is installed and that you have the neccesary acces rights."

I have enough space, and as I am the only user of MY laptop, I have full access, right?

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
Support
Support

You should have full access if you only use the one account.

Did you reboot the computer after updating the game? The patch shouldn't need to change anything that requires a reboot (maybe Impulse's copy protection?), but it may help or remove conflicts (ie if the patch crashed on exit and left stuff in memory).

If you run the 'Verify Installation' program again, does it report any problems?
As far as I know the 1.005 patch (original download version was 1.004, though I would have thought they would update the main download package) consisted of updated div.exe and configtool.exe files.

Try deleting the files config.div, slashed.cfg and slashed-d3d6.cfg in the '..\Divine Divinity\Run' folder (if they exist), and see if that forces the configuration program to recreate them when you next try to start the game.

Assuming you still have and/or backed up the game download, you could try an un-install, reboot, and re-install (after making sure there was nothing left in the install folder besides the saved games). I wouldn't re-download the game unless nothing else helps, though.

The update is installed correctly if I run the particular program in administrator mode... it's a bid weird. The game is running fine now. Thanks. smile

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard