Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Uzeer
Yeah, tower of mages and werevolves were a nice touch. But despite of that... nothing touched me. Maybe this little thing when you had to do ancient elven ritual with water. Boring weapons, boring sets, boring music, and typical RPGs quests. And I didn't like this dreaming abyss, it didn't get me.
And your char not saying anything... damn it... with RPG that was meant for EPIC and GOTY... come on...

I like the fact that PC is not talking
BORING MUSIC!!!!!!!Are you fuc*ing deph.What were you listening
Boring weapons!!!!!well some normal weapons that don"t look like they are from future(Divinity 2)

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
U
apprentice
apprentice
U
like the fact that PC is not talking

Eee... why ?

Generally? rock / metal. And I find music in Divinity more fitting, I just feel atmosphere better. What can I say ?
Boring weapons!!!!!well some normal weapons that don"t look like they are from future(Divinity 2)

Yeah, this glowing axes look weird. But you see, how many unique weapons have you found in game? Near the end there are few interesting swords, but when in the middle of game, there are almost no "cool" and unique weapons. That's what I mean. You find many common sets of items, but only few specials with interesting bonuses. Mods change this, but I am talking about retail version.

old hand
old hand
The best thing about Dragon Age was cutting up random NPCs with your kitchen knife. This wanton violence in BioWare games always made me laugh.

addict
addict
like the fact that PC is not talking

Eee... why ?

Generally? rock / metal. And I find music in Divinity more fitting, I just feel atmosphere better. What can I say ?

Yeah, this glowing axes look weird. But you see, how many unique weapons have you found in game? Near the end there are few interesting swords, but when in the middle of game, there are almost no "cool" and unique weapons. That's what I mean. You find many common sets of items, but only few specials with interesting bonuses. Mods change this, but I am talking about retail version.

I prefer
I listen rock and metal too but music in DAO is soooooooooooo goooooooood and epic
especialy main theme,Leliana bard song,deep roads track...

Well you see in DAO there is something that is called normal fantasy world.Soldiers wear normal armors and weapons and none of them is unique.you can sometimes find UNIQUE weapon but It is hard becaose they are UNIQUE.But in D2 everyone have a unique weapon.I think there are more unique weapons than normal ones.What is unique in that.When you find unique weapon in DAO you praise the gods but when you find unique weapons in D2 you just tell "another one"

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by budspencer
I have looking at some scores at Gamespot for Arpg/rpg games and if it comes from outside america the score are usually low with just a few exceptions. In the 70 percentile or lower most of the time while stuff from north america like dragon age, dungeon siege and most neverwinter nights game got high score and praise.

So what does that tell you?

They must think that Europeans cannot make any good games?

This is indeed a trend which has been seen and discussed at RPGWatch, too.

Yet no-one know where it comes from.

Even Risen seems to get relatively low scores, I read.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
U
apprentice
apprentice
U
Well you see in DAO there is something that is called normal fantasy world.Soldiers wear normal armors and weapons and none of them is unique.you can sometimes find UNIQUE weapon but It is hard becaose they are UNIQUE.

Oh I prefectly understand, but still this game take me about 2 weeks to finish all the quests I've found and I still felt that world was too empty ... I would like to even see different looking sword with +1 like in BG was than tons of same type.

addict
addict
Well you see in DAO there is something that is called normal fantasy world.Soldiers wear normal armors and weapons and none of them is unique.you can sometimes find UNIQUE weapon but It is hard becaose they are UNIQUE.

Oh I prefectly understand, but still this game take me about 2 weeks to finish all the quests I've found and I still felt that world was too empty ... I would like to even see different looking sword with +1 like in BG was than tons of same type.

They are not same game
If you want BG2 then play BG2.They will never be same.DAO is spiritual succesor not same game

addict
addict
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Originally Posted by budspencer
I have looking at some scores at Gamespot for Arpg/rpg games and if it comes from outside america the score are usually low with just a few exceptions. In the 70 percentile or lower most of the time while stuff from north america like dragon age, dungeon siege and most neverwinter nights game got high score and praise.

So what does that tell you?

They must think that Europeans cannot make any good games?

This is indeed a trend which has been seen and discussed at RPGWatch, too.

Yet no-one know where it comes from.

Even Risen seems to get relatively low scores, I read.

Risen is full of bugs and have a small map for game that only offer exploration

U
apprentice
apprentice
U
DAO is spiritual succesor not same game

Read it again ;]

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I was also surprised by the score Risen received (PC version), for it really was a very good game. Its understandable that Divinity 2 however (PC version, again) will not get high scores. It is true that many might just not connect to what makes this game great and fun in our minds, but the game is bugged on a technical level, stuttering & infinite loading screens and the likes may make the whole reviewer blind to the true game beanth the bugs and glitches.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Risen is full of bugs

Nope.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zlaja
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Risen is full of bugs

Nope.

I dalje ima malu mapu
It still have small map

veteran
veteran
Can we get threads like this moved to chat? Its not really D2 related.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard