Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#406130 13/02/10 08:23 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Mindread all 3 of them 400exp each= -1200 exp for ONE Malachite Gem
After mindreading them you must give each person the item they want to wake them up.
Reward= the rare and elusive Malachite Gem groovy

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
I never looked at it that way lol.

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Don't waste your XP, there is plenty of Malachite in Orobas Fjords!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Yes, grannyct, thats the way i see it also...but i just had to do it once!!! hehe evil

Definately NOT worth giving up the exp for just one gem.

I always use the save/reload at the malachite nodes in Orobas so i end up with at least 3 or 4 gems from a pair of nodes. Sometimes very boring and discouraging but WELL worth using those gems on your high end armor set and weapon(s). aargh

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
addict
addict
This is my first playthrough and I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague...but I'm glad I looked this up. What a pitiful reward for all that XP!! I woke them up and they just ran off after giving me a gem...it just didn't seem right. I was hoping that maybe I'd meet them later and get a real reward. Glad I saved right before mindreading them. They're just gonna have to stay in their nightmares!

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by flixerflax
This is my first playthrough and I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague...but I'm glad I looked this up. What a pitiful reward for all that XP!! I woke them up and they just ran off after giving me a gem...it just didn't seem right. I was hoping that maybe I'd meet them later and get a real reward. Glad I saved right before mindreading them. They're just gonna have to stay in their nightmares!

The gem you get is a malachite gem that you need for level 10 enchantments. You'll find maybe 10 of them in the whole of Ego Draconis, so it's actually a pretty nifty reward! smile

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
apprentice
apprentice
And that's including through your runners then?!?!?

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
That's the thing: you can send your runners after malachite ore, but not malachite gems. So they are very rare indeed.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
apprentice
apprentice
You can't?!? Hmm I swore that I saw it on Vanilla D2 oh well lol. but yeah u can buy 2 Gems for 1.5k each and I thought in High Hall or earlier for about 3 - 4.5k each (Only one)

addict
addict
That's all well and good but at this early stage of the game XP is precious and enchantment gems are something just taking up inventory space. Maybe if I'd encountered them much later in the game when I was high level and could use the gems I'd react differently. I think I stand by my choice here. I can always go back and help them later.

Last edited by flixerflax; 18/11/10 11:07 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
That's all well and good but at this early stage of the game XP is precious and enchantment gems are something just taking up inventory space. Maybe if I'd encountered them much later in the game when I was high level and could use the gems I'd react differently. I think I stand by my choice here.

Do it before going to Sentinal Island (after completing the Maxos Temple) and when you mind read the Island the first time you meet it all XP debt is wiped out.

P
stranger
stranger
P
That's all well and good but at this early stage of the game XP is precious and enchantment gems are something just taking up inventory space. Maybe if I'd encountered them much later in the game when I was high level and could use the gems I'd react differently. I think I stand by my choice here. I can always go back and help them later.

just dont wait until you finish sentinel island or you'll loose the chance.
imo any xp debt is worth a sure malachite gem.

Last edited by pchefkent; 19/11/10 07:15 AM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard