Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40804 19/03/03 06:31 AM
Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support
The wishing well is located east south east of the Dwarven Bread inn (39KB).

You only get one shot at a wish, so save first if you want to experiment. When you talk to Darsk Ceulg (the wishing well, or 'miraculous-water-dispenser' as he prefers to be called), you can say you would like to come back later, and either do so, or just save and talk to him again. When you start to ask for a wish, he will say (depending on the conversation path) something like;

Be careful mortal. As I said - ONE wish. Nothing more, nothing less (unless you're thirsty, of course). So, choose your wish wisely.

Before getting a wish, you must toss a sum of money into the well; in general, the more money, the better the reward.

2 or 10 gold : the well is insulted, and you do not get a wish

100 gold : you can wish for;
  • to be healed - visit a healer in the Blue Boar inn if you want to pay to be healed
  • an ally - Spider
  • enchanted sword - the well will tell you about a book in the cellar of the cursed Abby describing the holy items, which you would have found anyway. You get the same hint after completing that quest and talking to the well with the holy sword equipped.
  • 2 more wishes - no magic lamp, genie, frog, fairy or wishing well in the history of mythology, books, movies or jokes has ever offered a set number of wishes, then and allowed you to wish for more wishes. If you try this, you will get nothing.
1,000 gold : you can wish for;
  • strength, intelligence or agility - increase the stat of your choice by 5
  • an ally - Skeletal Warrior
  • greater experience - enough experience points to raise you to the next level. If you need 50 experience points to get to the next level, you will get 50 experience points. If you just reached level 45, you will get 2,070,000 experience points, enough to get to level 46. Any bonus due to Wisdom will be added on top of this amount. Apparently Darsk thinks experience is the best choice, since he will respond that this was a wise wish (note the hint in his quote above).
  • one million gold - try it, and you get nothing
  • 2 more wishes
10,000 gold : you can wish for;
  • strength, intelligence or agility - increase the stat of your choice by 10
  • an ally - Scorpion
  • greater experience - enough experience points to raise you to the next level, same as dropping 1k gold in the well.
  • one million gold
  • 2 more wishes

This is what I got for each of the allies; stats are very likely variable.

Spider

Skeletal Warrior

Scorpion
Level

Attack

Defense

Damage

4-14

7-23

5-17

Armour

Chance to Hit

Hit Points

Sight

Conclusion

The 'best' wish is to wait until late in the game, just after you go up a level, throw 1,000 gold in and wish for experience to gain another full level. If an extra level / skill point does not seem necessary, 10,000 gold for a stat bonus of 10 would be a good choice.

The higher the level you are when you wish for greater experience, the more experience you will get. If you are having difficulty earlier in the game, using the wish then (and getting less experience) might actually be more beneficial. At least for myself, by the time I hit the gong the game had become quite easy, so even though I got a large number of experience points by waiting, the extra level at that point was not really any significant help.

stranger
stranger
Thanks!

Do you know what a demon called a god who does not know worship? A god who does not know love? "Food"

-- Cathessis

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard