veteran
OP Offline
veteran
For example?

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
For things you can do inside current divinty 2 build? Letting your abilities go higer then 5 (making them stronger), making the dragon friend summon more then 1 friend at higher levels, making the shield absorb more, giving you more general survivability in dragon form\ nerfing those few over powered commander opponents that do most of the dmg and increasing your fire range. Making opponents more aggersive into getting close to you instead of trying to fly away from you. Going a bit further you can add some sort of a claw skill to attack close units, sort of maybe grab your enemy and tear it or something but that would be more then a mere little balance patch. Also tweaking the dragon animations (which are pretty impressive right now) into feeling more natural (especially when flying backwards), but animations with your human form are in a greater need of work as it is anyway.

Again, the thing is I treat it as some sort of an arcade mini-game. Its like those moments in many FPS games where you "get" to control some sort of a stationarity strong weapon on a moving buggy and kill hoards of enemies, they aren't really fun more then the usual game and probably even a bit less, they're just there. Thou D2 dragon combat I did find fun actually.

But ill count on larian to come up with something claver for this in D3, if there is indeed dragon form and all. I am actually hoping for some sort of a glide function like that of Aion, or a stylish pair of wings for traveling (like those you have in Darksiders, I love those wings) instead of actually even turning into a dragon form for exploring purpose, while action segments for combat can be done in special pre-determent events\ places. Breaking the dragon form into traveling\ exploring and fighting gives larian a much better control and ability to come up with something fun and engaging without worrying about balance. Dragon combat should have been handled this way from the start in my opinion, like a true little segments that breaks up the traditional rpg style gameplay and give you some relaxment and little fray enjoyment, something different and new that is also there for story purpses. Even all bosses can have pahes for this, fighting partly in dragon form and partly in human form (like those old school platforming bosses, where you need to trigger 3 things to make the boss vulnerable?) Maybe, say, ur fighting a necro who decided, at 10% hp, to blow up the top of the cave and let some nasty undead birds in to kill you (letting you also take on dragon form), and after you kill those you give him the final hit (he has 10% so what does it matter) in dragon form. Dragon form dosent even need to be calculated with states and gear or whatever, its just something to juice up the fight.

Oh, I wrote a bit to much :P

stranger
stranger
hey what i would like to see for the next expansion are these

1) a realistic serounding beeing ably to jump off mountains wasent really all that, or getting stuck behind a stupid small rock when you can pass right true a massive tree (these are all bugs and might be fixed i don't know)

2)at the start it was all fine tho give people some directions because if you follow the story to mutch (like me) you levl way to slow and you get wasted by every mob you come across

3) combat at some points, at some points combat was stupidly easy and at other points mostly bosses with mobs or healers around them you had to reload the levl 5 times just to finish it

i had it at

SPOILER ALERT
when you go in the fords owned by the captains you get into an arena with a boss fight the fight itself was hard and easy it was easy in the way you could defeat him tho you had to spam your potion buttons. And when he got a lucky crit or special attack in you where admiring the floor since it only took 1 hit (same goes for the last fight in the dream.

4) a larger world and maybe a story beside the main story or just the ability to explore the world freely.

5) improving mind reading, at the start it was fun and awsome because people thought funy things about there daily life, but after the starting area it just became "you gained new insights" witch was a bit dull to do every time

6) dragon form and the freedom to use it, get more areas or less shields but it was anoying to have to take a lever down every time just to advance a bit in the game.

7) also having your dialogue options determin the course of the story now it din't really matter what you choise or in some quests it did but not as mutch as i would like to see.

8) i also liked the charm system and enchant system tho the charming could use a bit more work since there werent that many to put in or the where all low levl

9) and last a way to enhance your tower visually and maybe for combat aswel that in the future the fog lifts (wich was kinda shit could have done more with the island) so you can run around on it or that damian asaults your tower and you have to defend them from entering. The fight you had to do when you got it was fun but you coulnd really feel that the where attacking your tower since the dint even get near it.

same for the trainers the where awsome made you feel more powerfull, tho maybe inplement aswel a blacksmith for example for weapons and armor

most idea's are probably on here, just posting my ideas since i dint read all the pages

greets

Support
Support

Being able to fall safely from heights is part of being a dragon slayer (people who attack flying creatures and can not take a fall don't last very long). Levitation strong enough to control descent is at least as reasonable as transforming into a dragon, which nobody seems to have a conceptual problem with.

There was a bug with not being able to walk over some objects. At least with the NA Xbox version I have not had any problems passing through trees, and the game has actually been too aggressive teleporting me out of situations it thought I was stuck in (trying to get up higher on mountains or buildings, get though places, or check behind stuff, etc).

With RPGs I usually avoid the main plot as long as possible to make sure I have explored everywhere and done all the side quests. Rushing through usually isn't a good idea even when it is possible or practical.

The combat system is pretty heavily level dependent. So far I have not run into any difficult sections where I couldn't just go somewhere else first.

I though the new insights were the best part of mindreading. Funny or interesting comments are great, but IMO stat/skill points are the main motive for mindreading. Of course it would be nice to get comments in addition to any tangible bonuses.

More and larger scale consequences would be nice, though that would significantly increase the development time, etc.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I'd like to see keys that disappear from your inventory when you've used them! I think I had fourteen in the undroppable "quest items" part of my inventory at the end.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Would it be possible for someone, perhaps the author to summarize or list all the wish posting so it would be easier to see and prevent duplication or further expansion on a topic that was already listed? I am sure this would be easier for the developer and others too look at rather than going through pages of posting.

Perhaps separating the wish list into categories like:
things that can be implement in a patch (optimization, better implementation, bug fixes, etc.)

Downloadable content or expansion (i.e. new skills, new land, etc.)

and perhaps future game like DIII (i.e. more transformations (land lizards, underwater dragons), growing a village, multiplayer, recordable events.

Just a thought.

Last edited by tocumi; 21/02/10 12:21 AM.
Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Do you realize that there is no real feedback between forum users and devs? Well, except some critical cases and some "special" users (there is just a few of them). There is no reason to do something with all this suggestions. Ofc someone from devs/publishers are reading them, but that doesn't mean they will be immediately applied. Just for lulz, I'd read old suggestion thread (before D2 was released, so, it was suggestions for upcoming D2) - know what? Yeah, I think you know the answer - almost no suggestions was used in the game.

Anyway, I can't edit my posts after some time. And to categorize all things you need mods rights. So far I saw only one mod here, and she is very rarely appears on forums/section.

Originally Posted by Kein
Do you realize that there is no real feedback between forum users and devs? Well, except some critical cases and some "special" users (there is just a few of them). There is no reason to do something with all this suggestions. Ofc someone from devs/publishers are reading them, but that doesn't mean they will be immediately applied. Just for lulz, I'd read old suggestion thread (before D2 was released, so, it was suggestions for upcoming D2) - know what? Yeah, I think you know the answer - almost no suggestions was used in the game.

Anyway, I can't edit my posts after some time. And to categorize all things you need mods rights. So far I saw only one mod here, and she is very rarely appears on forums/section.

That's a very bitter point of view. We do read these threads and are influenced by them. Not saying we're going to implement everything that's here but we do look at things people liked or disliked and either try to fix it or do better next time.

veteran
veteran
I think that one reason why people early on have such trouble surviving is that if you pick some bad skills, there is no way to respec until two-thirds of the way through the game. I think there should be an NPC in the Broken Valley village that can let you perform respecs. (The cost should start lower than 5000 gold, though. Maybe 500 gold.)

I agree that the rewards from treasure troves you have to get by mind-reading and solving puzzles should be of a higher quality than random loot from barrels. Perhaps they always have some amount of gold and one random magical item of some quality, plus some additional completely random stuff.

Divinity III

These suggestions aren't for the expansion, but something to consider in the next stand-alone game:

Bring back some elemental strengths/weaknesses to the combat. After playing Beyond Divinity and seeing its overly complicated system, I can understand why it was scaled back, but it doesn't need to be removed completely. The original system in Divine Divinity was simple enough to understand and use and added some strategy to fighting as a mage.

Bring back some of the other races. The first game had six races represented, even if three of them were almost entirely hostile. But there wasn't even a mention of Dwarves and Lizards in Divinity 2. It would be really nice to see villages and cities which have other races as the majority instead of just humans (humans could also use a bit of diversity, please).

Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Greever
Not saying we're going to implement everything that's here but we do look at things people liked or disliked and either try to fix it or do better next time.

You just can't implement everything :P Also, compiling all suggestions in one project make no sense anyway. Just trying to say I do understand what you mean.

Bring back some of the other races. The first game had six races represented, even if three of them were almost entirely hostile. But there wasn't even a mention of Dwarves and Lizards in Divinity 2. It would be really nice to see villages and cities which have other races as the majority instead of just humans (humans could also use a bit of diversity, please).

Asked for the same in the first post of this thread :P

FEATURE REQUEST:

Scalable font size in dialogs. Can we has one? Prettypleasewithsugarontop :P

stranger
stranger
My suggestion is to include the Portuguese language in this expansion!
I and all the players of Brazil and Portugal are grateful! celebrate

stranger
stranger
D2: ED all I could ask for is two things:

1. Please run with the story at hand and pick up where you left off. I think I enjoy the story more than actually playing the game. Or at least I enjoyed playing the game to get to the next bit of story and NO game has ever done this for me before!

2. Please make sure the major bugs are fixed before release.

Ok 3 things:

3. Have fun, enjoy your work! For this will show in your games!

I saw a post above saying that the Dev's weren't reading, replying and I must say I've seen more interaction here by the Dev's than I could say for several other games put together. Cheers

Dark is just as beautiful as the light.
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
About the story: you'll pick up right where you left off, which can be done with a character you played, i.e. from a savegame.

So if you play from the beginning of Divinity II and have the expansion also, it will feel like you're playing one big game without interruption.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
I'd read old suggestion thread (before D2 was released, so, it was suggestions for upcoming D2) - know what? Yeah, I think you know the answer - almost no suggestions was used in the game.

Untrue. We read the suggestions and sometimes incorporate them, if possible and if we feel it would benefit the game. I remember a list going round in the office at some point during development that listed suggestions/requests copy-pasted directly from the forum.

One example I can give: someone posted - I don't remember who - that it would be cool to find out what happened to the character Buad from Divine Divinity, which influenced me to write a quest about him, a quest that is now in Divinity II. smile

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
apprentice
apprentice
My suggestion is to have a more open world maybe with an orc/goblin war camp, i dont know which is which ever since the orcs had been replaced by goblins as the main brutes but anyway a way your dragon can land that was a total bummer a dragon who can't walk it just doesn't seem right,lastly no more endings that are so.... whats the word..oh yes!! defeatist if you can take these into account ill be a very happy person if you don't i still like divinity the way it is its a classic 4 me though it can be tweaked to make it better.

--------------------------
Dont fix it
if it isn't broken

apprentice
apprentice
forgot to mention more body parts for the pet i generally don't release it often because it looks so ugly and the fact it will cramp my style im playing a dragon knight how bad and uncool will he feel if he doesn't get a new look to go with whatver curves he has

Last edited by Urath; 04/03/10 04:14 PM.
old hand
old hand
- New music tracks from Kirill Pokrovsky

- Finish the business between the Dragon knight & Commander Rhode

- The ability to kill enemies on the dragon in dragonform, but at the cost of a significant XP penalty to balance it out

stranger
stranger
In the next game, go back to the classic top-down / isometric view. Diablo 3 will prove that this style is not dead.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by reclinemusic
In the next game, go back to the classic top-down / isometric view. Diablo 3 will prove that this style is not dead.

or not. I personally am not a fan of that view. Granted I would like a little bit more close in how close or far I am in this game and maybe be able to change the angle to some degree, but I do not want a top down view and I would especially hate it if I was forced into a top down view only.

And Dialbo 3 probably won't come out for another couple of years, so good luck with that(I have no idea if this is true, although it probably is, but nor do I care).

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Macbeth
I'd read old suggestion thread (before D2 was released, so, it was suggestions for upcoming D2) - know what? Yeah, I think you know the answer - almost no suggestions was used in the game.

Untrue. We read the suggestions and sometimes incorporate them, if possible and if we feel it would benefit the game. I remember a list going round in the office at some point during development that listed suggestions/requests copy-pasted directly from the forum.

One example I can give: someone posted - I don't remember who - that it would be cool to find out what happened to the character Buad from Divine Divinity, which influenced me to write a quest about him, a quest that is now in Divinity II. smile

This is awesome and I wish more game companies did it.

Edit: sorry for the double post

Last edited by sloo_monster; 04/03/10 11:07 PM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard