Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ForkTong
Creating a patch for all language versions and all different released versions is actually a lot more work than you would think. Most work would go into finding the differences between the new version and all the versions out there, then creating the patch executables (one for every language), and then lots of testing.

So if we do this for English, we'll have to do it for German and French too, and there's lots more than just those three languages who would come here and ask for their fix too.

At the moment, we don't have time or resources to put into that.

Putting together a GOG version as one big download is much easier than updating existing versions on people's machines. GOG is one big setup, not a patch. And GOG is English only. Creating a GOG version was actually less work than it would be creating patches out of it for all versions out there.

We are not forcing people who already have the game into buying this. That was entirely not the idea of releasing on GOG. We have Div 2 out, or it will be out in the near future for US. That might make some people want to play Div 1. Plus, Div has been a pain to get hold of for the last couple of years, so we wanted to reach people who didn't or couldn't pick it up the first time.

Even though I totally love GOG...

Are there any plans to released Divine Divinity: Remastered Edition on disc in North America? What about elsewhere around the world?

Or maybe even have CDV publishl a Divinity 2: Special Edition that also comes boxed w/ DD: Remastered?

veteran
veteran
Hello MysterD,

Sorry, I can't help you with your questions at the moment.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by lynn
Hello MysterD,

Sorry, I can't help you with your questions at the moment.

Well, if CDV and (you all at) Larian does decide to re-release Divine Divinity: Remastered on disc OR say package some sort of special Divinity 2 box w/ DD: Remastered - and of course your publisher gives you the okay to tell us - please let us know! smile

I was really happy when you guys released that special package of Beyond Divinity coming w/ Divine Divinity that some USA stores - like GameStop - was selling. I missed out on DD, when it first got its release here in the USA - and when I say that double-box deal of BD and DD, I couldn't resist.

journeyman
journeyman
I am getting the same old static issue I had with the old version. Maybe they will take a look at that as well.

veteran
veteran
Can you guys get rid of the wastelands and fix up that whole mess? :p

I don't know about this. I still prefer my pre-patched version of the game where I can put as many charms as I want on an item.

I'll probably buy it when I get some more money, though, just to check it out and to support you guys.

Still one of my top games of all time smile

I
stranger
stranger
I
Haven't played in a long time- one annoying thing was not being able to remove a broken or maybe even a completed quest from the quest log (in the section where only incomplete are suppose to show). Maybe an option that forces to delete/hide a quest would be nice.

I would rebuy this on steam in a heartbeat. I really hate needing the cd in the drive -and love having all my games on steam.

journeyman
journeyman
I'm sorry but I didnt read all the previous posts.

So this may or may not be relevant.

I have the original Divine Divinity on cd.
By doing a simple hack to the config.div file that I posted about here you can run the game in widescreen.
There is a problem with the marker flags though.

I think that it would be nice if Larian released a small patch to fix that problem so people like me that have already bought the game could then play the game again in widescreen.

But I realise there would be no money to be made by them doing that so I guess that's why I had no response to that thread.

So I suppose that if Larian does need to re-release the game though digital download then all I ask is that the game be suitable for widescreen (1680x1050) and be pretty cheap.

Because the game, as it is now, is about 90% suitable for widescreen perhaps they could just release an addon for a couple of bucks to make the original suitable and charge a bit more for a complete download. smile

Support
Support

The digital download does support widescreen resolutions (or any resolution supported by your hardware / drivers), and is pretty cheap (IIRC US$5-6 on Impulse/GOG). There are a couple issues with it, though, and a patch should be coming out soon/eventually (some NPCs spin in place, particularly one involved in a cutscene in the church, and a few people have had problems with enemy magic causing crashes or not being able to pick up items or use stairs near one or more locations in the Dark Forest).

There was no patch for the CD/DVD version released due to the amount of extra testing that would have required for all of the different localizations, with each of the previous game versions. The download version was mainly intended for new people playing D2:ED, who might want to check out the first game in the series.

journeyman
journeyman
That's good to hear about the widescreen compatibility Raze.

I will keep my eye open for a patch to be released.
If it can correct the issues you mentioned then I will definitely be buying the download at that price.

It was a great game. smile

edit;
Arh, what the heck. I registered at Impulse and I'm downloading it.
Hopefully a patch will be released sooner rather than later. grin

Last edited by stubbie; 25/12/09 09:56 PM. Reason: downloading the game after all
veteran
veteran
@ Impulse customers: Please open your Impulse client and click on your “Updates” tab to find the patch for Divine Divinity.

journeyman
journeyman
@ Impulse customers: Please open your Impulse client and click on your “Updates” tab to find the patch for Divine Divinity.

Actually if you are new to Impluse (like me) to install the patch you need to open up the Impulse client and go to "My Games"
Right click on the Divine Divinity entry and click on "Verify Installation"
It will then tell you that you need to update. smile

edit:
If the game no longer starts (you just get a black screen for a couple of seconds) don't panic.
Just run the Divine Divinity config tool (either from your All Programs menu or in the Divine Divinity install directory)and choose your resolution.
The game should then run fine.
You may also need to re-adjust your ingame options as well.

Last edited by stubbie; 30/01/10 02:39 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Little change for remastered version of Divine Divinity would be to recreate the game in Gamebryo 3D like Divinity II... =P

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Moofly
Little change for remastered version of Divine Divinity would be to recreate the game in Gamebryo 3D like Divinity II... =P

How the hell is that a LITTLE change?

U
stranger
stranger
U
All I ask is you make this patch/re-mastered version available to original buyers of the game for free, or you are asking us gamers that supported you in the early days, by buying this game at full price, to pay $6 for a patch - because we already own the game!

Support
Support

As explained earlier in this topic, if they released the changes as a patch they would have to do so for all the different localizations, which would then have to be tested against all previous versions. As I understand it, there was pretty much one guy working on the download version, and Larian doesn't have the time or resources to release that many patches (which was why the download version is English only). It was intended primarily for people new to D2:ED who missed DD, and might be inclined to get it if it was available.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with the disk version. If you don't want widescreen support, or don't think it is worth $5-6, then don't get the download version.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by MysterD
Lynn, will original owners of DD that bought it on disc be getting Patch 1.4A (to update it to Remastered Edition)? Or will we have to re-buy this through one of the digital outlets?
At the moment we don't plan to release a seperate patch for div

Fantastic news for all us custoemr sthat bought DD at full price when it was first out, thinkiong we were helping a small publisher and now finding out all we are getting in return in a knife in the back! Way to go Larian - I already own the game, but your saying the next patch is going to cost me $5.99 and as a bonus I get the game free- again!

And you expect people like me to buy DD II at full price?! You have to be kidding!

Support
Support

So, no free update for an 8 year old game is a knife in the back?

Can you name any 8 year old games that have gotten significant updates as a free patch? (excluding MMOs and Diablo, as it is still in the top 10 or 20 on sales charts every month)

addict
addict
Worth noting:
Divine Divinity: Remastered is $2.48 this weekend on Impulse to buy-to-download!

veteran
veteran
Yep! woehoe

It is Divine Divinity's promo-weekend!
You can grab the game for only 1.86 euro or 2.48 USDollars.
If you or your friends didn't play the game yet, this is your chance! cheer

Download the game here

addict
addict
Yep! woehoe

It is Divine Divinity's promo-weekend!
You can grab the game for only 1.86 euro or 2.48 USDollars.
If you or your friends didn't play the game yet, this is your chance! cheer

Download the game here

I don't like re-buying games I already own (I own DD on 3-CD set from CDV), but for the new features - high-res and widescreen support; and getting Version 1.05 bug-fixes and stuff - $2.48 is NOT much more to spend on a great game. smile

Plus, I like Larian and Impulse. That sounds like a winning combo to me.
Well, so does Larian and GOG, for that matter, too...

Last edited by MysterD; 26/03/10 09:39 PM.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard