Page 1 of 2 1 2
#409055 16/03/10 10:19 PM
S
Suharu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello, so i failed to open Orobas' chest and due to lack of attention quicksaved after, my only save before that is from a long time ago. Is there a way to get a second chance on opening that chest, or getting the previous quicksave, or anything that could help me open that chest in this playthrough? Because if there isn't, i swear i will delete this game, break the disks and burn them, then kill everyone who ever mentions it again in my presence. My mind s not clear right now due to extreme frustration, so if there is an easy to find solution to this, then i apologize for not being able to find it on my own.

Suharu #409056 16/03/10 10:44 PM
Support
Support

AFAIK you only get one chance at answering the chest's questions, though when you first talk to it you can put off the test (to save first, etc). There isn't anything special in the chest, though. I don't recall what I got, but it didn't seem like a great reward for getting the questions right on the first try. I saved and reloaded to see if you got less if you got an answer wrong (which you do, as the chest will not open then), or if I could get better random stuff trying again (nope; I think I got lowish level piece of equipment and a low/mid quality charm the first try, and something plus a potion the second).

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #409058 16/03/10 11:44 PM
S
Suharu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Well thank you, but that doesn't really help me then. Is there any way to activate a console and use a code to open the chest or something like that? Or a trainer, anything that could open this chest...

Suharu #409060 17/03/10 01:03 AM
stranger
stranger
what chest?

Support
Support

In the Dragon Cliff Castle, in the fjords, you can get access to Orobas' Lair if you gather a couple items. Inside there is a chest which will ask you three memory-based questions, which you need to answer in order to get it open.
According to the walkthrough the chest contains a dragon skill book and crystal dragon helmet, so I must have been thinking of a different chest above. It was still a tad anti-climactic, though, as by the time I got back to this I had more than enough dragon skill points to max the skills I used, and only used 2 pieces of equipment: the Bone Dragon Cuirass (+40% hit points) and Bone Dragon Leggings (+40% offense).

Raze #409088 17/03/10 12:25 PM
S
Suharu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hmmm well then i guess i won't finish this game in this lifetime, damnit. It's really disappointing that it's such an awesome game and suddenly you get to a talking chest that doesn't care to hint at the fact that even though you get second chances with pretty much everything else in the game, you only get to try opening this chest ONCE.

Suharu #409099 17/03/10 02:29 PM
Dude, don't react so pathetic. Just finish this game and start a new one someday. There are a lot of folks that missed something in a previous game, but they don't start cursing everyone cause this missed something ONCE.

Grow up.

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now
Guthan #409101 17/03/10 02:43 PM
S
Suharu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
But i like reacting like this. You grow up and stop telling people how to act on the internet. I'm not cursing anyone, i'm actually being very calm about everything.

I'm so tempted to troll. But i really need a solution. Is there absolutely no way to unlock a chest by cheating?

Last edited by Suharu; 17/03/10 02:48 PM.
Suharu #409102 17/03/10 02:50 PM
journeyman
journeyman
no, stop whining and play from the beggining - you now have the goal to do so.

"Wisdom outweighs any wealth." Sophocles
LithStud #409104 17/03/10 03:05 PM
S
Suharu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I will whine. It is my culture. Asking me to stop is being racist.

EDIT: You know who i need? That Kein guy. He knows his stuff. I need a console and a command that opens the chest or reverts it to the state before i talked to it. I am not whining and i am not cursing, but my brain won't let me continue the game until i open this chest. I will even become rich, buy larian studios for the sole purpose of opening this chest, give back larian studios for free and only then continue the game even if it's 50 goddamn years from now.

Last edited by Suharu; 17/03/10 03:35 PM.
Suharu #409130 17/03/10 07:00 PM
If that's the cause, you have serious issues and you should have yourself checked.

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now
Guthan #409159 18/03/10 10:09 AM
veteran
veteran
Suharu, I can understand it is very frustrating you can't open the chest for a second chance...

I was missing really a lot of things the first time I play the game, a lot! wink
(example: the turture teller, the two sisters on Sentinel Island, the quest for Naberius, some keys for chests, the Talisman of the North, etc etc ...)

And it was indeed frustrating, but I play to the end and enjoy the game smile ...
The positive thing is: when you're missing a lot, you can discover the second playthrough back whole NEW things delight !!

And please, don't forget, this is just a GAME, not the reality eek

So dear Suharu, I wish you the best with Divinity II Ego Draconis.
hug

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Guthan #409169 18/03/10 12:20 PM
S
Suharu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Guthan
If that's the cause, you have serious issues and you should have yourself checked.

Yea, like checking solves issues.

But yea, don't worry, i'll just go ahead with the plan to buy larian, thank you all for your help.

Suharu #409171 18/03/10 12:30 PM
I call troll!

Axel #409182 18/03/10 03:40 PM
S
Suharu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
You will have to, once i buy you.

Raze #413270 28/05/10 03:07 AM
D
stranger
stranger
D
you can also get arbans shield

i mindread him at start and he said it in orobas chamber

Delta #413271 28/05/10 03:09 AM
D
stranger
stranger
D
it says the chest is locked?? how i unlock it

Delta #413272 28/05/10 04:18 AM
Support
Support

Which chest, the talking one near Orobas' skeleton? As described above, you have one chance to open it after you agree to its challenge (though you can put off doing so in order to save, and then talk to it again), by correctly answering 3 memory based questions.

Raze #413362 30/05/10 05:11 PM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I've missed a number of things in my first play through so far, and have resigned myself to being ok with it. There's so much stuff in this game, its not much a of a disappointment, and it shows how Larian refused to hold the player's hand every step of the way.

I prefer a difficult game, even if it gets frustrating at times.

slimgrin #413397 31/05/10 02:00 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by slimgrin
I've missed a number of things in my first play through so far, and have resigned myself to being ok with it. There's so much stuff in this game, its not much a of a disappointment, and it shows how Larian refused to hold the player's hand every step of the way.

I prefer a difficult game, even if it gets frustrating at times.

I totally agree with you slimgrin! wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard