Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
Hmm... btw, there is no confirmed info about the addon's release format: will it be standalone or "real" addon?

old hand
old hand
Its not standalone Lar confirmed that.

"there was a bit of lost in translation going in Moscow, let me explain a bit more what I was trying to tell wink

-We're working on improving performance, fluidity and solving whatever bugs still remained in the original game.
-We've increased the graphics quality in the expansion
-We're correcting some design issues people've had with the original game (e.g. impact of level on combat)
-The expansion offers more than 30 new and interesting quests (at this moment 36)
-In the Moscow presentation we showed off a couple of quests to make the point
-The story starts in the astral plane where you ended div2 and brings you back to the city of Aleroth, which is now "open for business"
-You can start right away in the expansion area with a character you get to build in the character customisation screen, or you can continue playing from an old save-game. When the original story ends, you will then seamlessly continue into the expansion area, and to a player it will feel like a natural progression of the story.
-One design goal was to provide a similar experience as the first part of the game
-Another design goal was to allow you to become a really powerful dragon knight
-It's not a standalone add-on

We basically had three goals with the expansion pack:

1. If you haven't played div2 yet, then you are in for a major experience when you play through the original game and continue into the expansion pack.
2. If you played div2 already, then you are going to see the closing of many character arcs that were still open, get the opportunity for revenge if you felt bad at the end, and discover answers to questions you might've had.
3. Several people had comments about the game saying things like "if only this and that", so we tried to take care of the "if only this and that".

It's scheduled for an august/september release and that looks pretty solid as at this point the entire expansion pack is already playable. On that note, we're looking for testers which I think Lynn will announce soon."

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=407386&fpart=2

Last edited by DivineGamer; 25/03/10 05:18 PM.

apprentice
apprentice
will we be able to go further on the map or is the map expanding? like more areas, or is this just like 3 extra plot quests, and nothin that special? can u give us an in depth what this expansion does, more areas, more people, or just lil things?? cuase i would like to know if its worth getting. will there be more expansions after it? more levels?? stronger enemies? better gear? more unforgettable moments?

i ask this cause mostly you just say the story continues, but how far, and that the graphics go up, nothing about new areas, im not askin for spoilers, i just want to know if i get this expansion when it comes out, will it be worth it at the time or should i wait till the next, how many hours of gameplay would this expansion be? short or long like the game itself?

journeyman
journeyman
Some of larian's weird mentioned Aleroth gonna be a lot bigger wink i just hope the areas they add gonna be eye candy (liked the view in Broken Valley) laugh

"Wisdom outweighs any wealth." Sophocles
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LithStud
Some of larian's weird mentioned Aleroth gonna be a lot bigger wink i just hope the areas they add gonna be eye candy (liked the view in Broken Valley) laugh

Where may I ask?

veteran
veteran
Macbeth said so I believe. Can't rememebr which thread tho.

@ Lar\Lynn

Information about DX11 support was correct as well?

Last edited by Kein; 26/03/10 08:59 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
i just hope when they do the expansion that it takes down the anti dragon zone on aleroth, they already know your a dragon knight right lol, you should be allowed to fly over it =P

wow this game is awsome i really look forward to its new add on i hate it that i cant be a dragon no more......from what was told do u get out of the crystal your trapted in?

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
Support
Support

You do get out of the crystal.

Where was it said you would no longer be able to transform into a dragon? It is based in Aleroth, from what we know so far, but that doesn't mean there will not be any places that you can transform in.

Welcome to the forum. wave

well i didnt mean you dont get to transform back but what i ment to say will there be more areas that we can go to without the damn anti dragon barriers and open up more areas than just aleroth city.

err well again my falt what i ment to say was im traped and cent leave the hall of echos and and cant transform :P

stranger
stranger
Wrong topic than :P But I'll anwser your question:

After You enter the hall of echoes you have to pass it as a dragon and find "Ygerna's memory ball".
When you enter it you will transform into your human form again to finish the final battle.

Originally Posted by Raze

You do get out of the crystal.

how? :hihi:

Last edited by Tulkas; 27/03/10 01:55 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tulkas

how? :hihi:

Damian sneezes this way accidentally weakening the crystal bindings and we show our awesome powers breaking loose laugh

or....

Bellegar frees us just to make fun of Damian or whatever his reason (i guess nobody knows what Bellegar plots rpg007 )

Last edited by LithStud; 27/03/10 02:25 PM.

"Wisdom outweighs any wealth." Sophocles
im guessing you couldent find out and you made up those very funny ways

Support
Support

The most logical way to escape would be for Zandalor to finally clue in when Damian and Ygerna take out the fjords harbour, and come looking for you. It is possible the Divine and dragon knight could combine their abilities to escape, but however arrogant the badguys may be, it seems unlikely Damian could trap the Divine for so long and Ygerna get herself resurrected, but combined they fail to anticipate a joint effort in breaking out.

Perhaps ZixZax finally gets the teleporter stones back, and tracks down the Divine for an update?

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

The most logical way to escape would be for Zandalor to finally clue in when Damian and Ygerna take out the fjords harbour, and come looking for you. It is possible the Divine and dragon knight could combine their abilities to escape, but however arrogant the badguys may be, it seems unlikely Damian could trap the Divine for so long and Ygerna get herself resurrected, but combined they fail to anticipate a joint effort in breaking out.

Perhaps ZixZax finally gets the teleporter stones back, and tracks down the Divine for an update?

im still all for the Bellegar idea

I was wondering will this be a seperate world from Divinity II?
Or will it be intertwined in the original Divinity II world?
I'd rather wait if it's not since i don't think i would feel like playing the entire game again to fully explore Flames of Vengeance

An example of a seperate world expansion is Shivering Isles for Oblivion.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Freaker98; 30/03/10 08:11 PM.
Support
Support

In the add-on you escape from the prison and get back to Aleroth, at least. No other details have been mentioned AFAIK about any previous or new areas you will have access to.

If you do not keep a save from the end of the game to use, you can start the add-on with a new character.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I had to register here, having just finished the game, to post a comment.

After playing Dragon Age and hungry for a new RPG I found Divinity 2, first there was elation, and then massive dissapointment when I finished the game, and now, I am elated once again.

I had major problems getting D2 to run on my gaming PC, but I loved it so much that I pressed on, and for all it's faults I could forgive everything but the ending.

Getting betrayed, and traped, is all fine with me knowing it's not some half-assed ending, and only an arc in the story. It's like a breath of fresh air, when I had finished Divinity 2 I had no desire to ever touch it again, because I knew no matter what I did I would get the same ending. Now, I will probably play through it again just because of this coming Expansion.

Last edited by SpikeA; 31/03/10 04:41 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I felt quite the same as SpikeA, but i have played a second time because i red a lot of info about character optimalization and created a melee/mage class. I had again a lot of fun but playing time was shorter. I think this ad-on will get me so far to play it all over again smile
thank you larian!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard