Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
OK...

I'm sick and tired of this! I've had enough!!

The day the game was released I checked every single store in my city and nobody had it so I was forced to buy it from an online retailer.

I bought my copy of Diviinty 2 from Gamesplanet (Metaboli)

I enjoyed the game as much as I could and patiently waited and waited for a patch to be released.

When I saw the new 1.03 Patch announced here on the official forums I was so excited and happy. My happines didn't last long.
As it says - This Patch only works with all DVD versions of the game, online retailers will deliver their patch in addition.

So I though - oh well, I'll just have to wait 2-3 days untill the online retailer gets the patch.
Well, I waited for 2 weeks and decided to email VriginMedia.Gamesplanet.com support team asking them to give me ETA on the patch.

I received an email from them telling me they have done their part and have submited the patch to Larian so they can approve it and give permision to be releasd on VirginMedia.GamePlanet.com webiste.

So I waited again.

A week later I sent a 2-nd email to the support team asking them what's going on. I got a reply that they are still waiting on Larian to aprove the online retail version of the patch to be released and it shouldn't take more than 2-3 days.

Another 2 weeks later I sent a 3-d email to my online retailer asking them WTF is going with the patch.
The last reply from them was that as they have done everything necessary and nothing depends on them so I decided I should probably contact Larian's support team. That's their reply (copy+paste from my email)

"Thank you for contacting the Virgin Media Gamesplanet customer service.

We understand your disappointment and we apologise for the inconvenience, but we are still waiting for the editor of the game to authorise us to publish the patch.

We have done all the necessary to sort this matter out, but unfortunately we cannot proceed until the editor authorises us to put the patch online.

Again, we apologise and we thank you for your understanding.

We will let you know as soon as the patch is published."

So there we go - I sent an email to Larian's support team.

I explained them I needed to know WHEN is my online retailer going to be authorised to publish the patch for the online version of the game. Guess what - Larian's support team reply made me laugh my butt off.

That's a copy + paste answer I got from them.:

(please note - I'm contactig the English supprt team and got a reply in mixed German + Bad English)

Sehr geehrte Kundin,
Sehr geehrter Kunde,

please download one of the following patches:

Deutscher Patch 1.03: Download (1,87 GB)
http://www.divinity2.com/downloads/...aconis/Divinity_II_Patch_1.03_GERMAN.exe

French Patch 1.03: Download (876 MB)
http://www.divinity2.com/downloads/...aconis/Divinity_II_Patch_1.03_FRENCH.exe

English / US / Italy / Spain Patch 1.03: Download (406 MB)
http://www.divinity2.com/downloads/patch/Divinity_II_-_Ego_Draconis/Divinity_II_Patch_1.03_EIS.exe

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Guido Kaminiarz
SoftBay GmbH

Carlstraße 50

D-52531 Übach-Palenberg

I mean - honestly - did they even BOTHER reading my question??!?

Whatever. I explain them second time in a SECOND email - asking them WHEN is the online version of my game gettig patched.

There is the second email from them (again copy+paste from my email)

Sehr geehrte Kundin,
Sehr geehrter Kunde,

patches of downloadversions can be found at gamesplanet.com. We don\'t provide those patches. Please contact the gamesplanet.com-support team.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Guido Kaminiarz
SoftBay GmbH

Carlstraße 50

D-52531 Übach-Palenberg

dtp entertainment-Kundensupport

------------------------------------------

Technische Hotline DE: 0900-1-51 00 53 (0,55 €/min)*

Inhaltiche Hotline DE: 0900-1-51 00 54 (1,95 €/min)*

Technische Hotline AT: 0900-40 07 08 (1,55 €/min)*

Inhaltliche Hotline AT: 0900-52 82 78 (2,16 €/min)*

Technische Hotline CH: 0900-00 01 50 (1,00 CHF/min)*

Inhaltliche Hotline CH: 0900-90 09 36 (3.13 CHF/min)*

Montags bis Freitags von

11:00 bis 19:00 Uhr

Fax: +49(0)2451/409642

E-Mail: dtp@softbay.de

*) Anrufe aus Mobilfunknetze

oder aus Netze anderer Festnetz-Anbieter fallen ggf. höhere Gebühren an. Wenden Sie sich für nähere Informationen bitte an Ihren Netzbetreiber.

It's like talking to a brick wall.

A newborn parrot can repeat my question back better.

I do KNOW you don't provide those patches!
I do KNOW the online retailer has to relase the patch!
I HAVE contacted the online retialer on numerous ocasions!
All I wanted to KNOW is WHEN are you going to FINALY authorise that retarded patch so people who have been unfortunate enough to buy the online version of the game be finaly ABLE to pach their game!!?!?!

Is there a sane person on the other side who can give me a normal and sensible answer?!

Support
Support

Well, I don't have an answer, but I did read and comprehend your post...

When the Virgin Media customer service person wrote 'editor', I'm pretty sure they meant publisher. Larian provides the patch, the online distributors need to integrate it into their system and the publisher is generally involved with the testing and release.

The first response looks like an auto-reply (or from someone who can only recognize a few English words), and the second appears to be from someone who did not read your email fully (replied once it looked like it was somebody else's problem, and they had an easy out).

If someone from Larian doesn't reply here, you can email them (support@larian.com). At least a few of them are fluent in English, and may want to look into what's keeping the patch (Steam released the patch some time ago for their version). If I was them I'd also want to have a word with DTP / SoftBay about the support quality. Unfortunately, that level of quality is not uncommon, and I've run into similar responses even when trying to purchase stuff, let alone get support.

I'd also contact Virgin Media again, and ask who exactly they are waiting on, and what their contact info is.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Yes it is a shame what there are doing / not doing.
I just took a look at the gamesplanet.com website
and the patch seems to be online finally.

http://virginmedia.gamesplanet.com/patch.html?product_id=1437

I gonna now try if this also works with the german edition,
3.5gb patch download is a little bit funny wink

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Well guess what?!

It took me nearly 3 days to download the patch that was finaly released.

Download speed from their servers is at about 20-30% on my Broadband's capacity. Getting constant errors downloading it. And the size was rediculous. The "normal" version of the patch is around 400 MB and this one is like 3.5 GB....

Whatever.

I finally had the patch downloaded and ... brace yourselves ...

[img][IMG]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7237/patcherror.jpg[/img][/img]

Nice innit?!!

Honestly....

How hard is it to do at lesat 1 thing right?
I guess very.

So... ALTHOUGH I haven't installed any previous patches, ALTHOUGH the game was INSTALLEd on my computer and ALTHOUGH I have NEVER used any cracked exe or anything of that matter I decided to make anew install just to be entirely sure the problem wasn't me...

So I unitstalled the game, installed a fresh copy from scratch and guess what?!!

[img][IMG]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7237/patcherror.jpg[/img][/img]

Speachless...

So here I go again sending YET another email to their support team asking them WTF is going on.

That's their reply ("copy" + "paste" from my mailbox)

"We are really sorry but thanks to the information provided our packaging team has discovered that this patch only applies to the German version of the game.

They are now working on it in order to adapt it to the UK master, and we will get back to you as soon as the project will be completed.

It could take more than 1 day though.

Please excuse us for this inconvenience and thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,
Laura
Virgin Media Gamesplanet Customer Service
virginmedia.gamesplanet.com "

I just want to give them a hug.... and sqeeze so hard till tehir eyes pop...

Support
Support

That is insane. I can see a mistake leaving in the wrong configuration file, or something, but not even building an English patch?

You'd think with all the time they had sitting around waiting for permission to release the patch, someone would have gotten around to actually testing it once. Any beta test at all, on any system, would have revealed this problem.

Even without doing any tests, the size of the patch is dependent on the region and language version (since earlier releases need more updates to bring them up to the current version), so just a rough comparison to the expected file size should have raised questions.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
OH MY GOD
i left larian's forums a long time ago after seeing how many fans were disappointed with divinity 2 but your little thread caught my attention,and after reading it i was more than horrified!!sorry man,i wish i could help.

veteran
veteran
Hello Mouldread,

We apologize for this inconvenience.
Are you playing with the UK version or the USA version?

All the best,
Lynn

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by lynn
Hello Mouldread,

We apologize for this inconvenience.
Are you playing with the UK version or the USA version?

All the best,
Lynn

Will it make a difference? I'm trying to play the US version and can't even get to the main menu. (I've done the first aid kit amongst many other things, fresh install of windows 7 x64, etc...)

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard