Next Thread
Print Thread
#410602 08/04/10 03:06 PM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Well, after 2 years or so I dug up BD again. I stopped playing the game due to the MANY bugs that plagues this game, it basically was unplayable. A shamefull sequel to the great Divine Divinity, I just had to say it...

Now for my problem:

I'm currently holding the Demon's Bane Sword and the Gem that goes with it. However, I can't find the Raanaar Rebel Leader who should receive the sword!

Yes, I've looked everywhere in the Rebel Camp and surroundings. Yes, I've tried dropping the sword, the gem, the sword and the gem, etc. Yes, I'm using the latest patch. BUT I STILL CAN'T FIND THE RAANAAR REBEL LEADER!

Is there maybe a work-around? Can I spawn the leader or something like that? Normally I would just drop the quest, but I don't want to miss out on the reward he gives me (constitution potion).

If there is somebody still active on this board, please help! I enjoyed the game so far, but if I can't solve this the game WILL end up in the trash (where this travisty of a bug-fest deserves to be IMO).

Thanks in advance.

apprentice
apprentice
about your problem i can't help you since i played BD a long time ago since.... God was a child anyway just want to say doesn't every game have its ups and downs surely there must be something that made the game appealing in the first place if not please trade it in

some suggestions
download newest patch however ages ago it was released
try turning it off and on again
or try reloading simple solutions but they usually worked

hope i helped

Last edited by Urath; 08/04/10 05:38 PM.
Support
Support

Did you check your mini-map as you were looking around the camp?

There is a way to check/reset NPC locations: Teleporting anywhere (via hex editor).

Even in the upatched game I never had any serious problems.

Check your messages (click 'My Stuff' in the top menu bar, then 'My Messages').

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Raze

Even in the upatched game I never had any serious problems.

Dude, then you should buy a lottery ticket, because you are one lucky SOB! wink

But seriously, I usually don't have ANY serious problems with games (buying grade-A hardware will do that), only if they are serverly bugged (Gothic 3 for example). Divine Divinity never crashed once on me, and I loved the game! Matter of fact, it still is one of my favorite RPG's! It was a game that clearly was build with love and devotion. I gladly spend 40 bucks for it! So when Beyond Divinity came out I bought it the day it came out...

Sadly, the game was clearly unfinished. Lots of broken quests, glitches, and crashes (especially in the battlefields). Checking forums and such made me realise I wasn't the only one, the game was severly messed up! in a mad fit, I stashed it somewhere in my closet, and recently found it again. I applied the latest patch, and now at least I can play the game without any crashed (5 years after its release that is...). This Demon's Bane Sword quest is actually the first real problem I came across in this play-through and it just brought back all the frustration from those years back. So yeah, I'm still a little ticked off about this game. But at least now I will be able to finish it once!

Thanks for the help anyway, I'll try the hex-editor approach. There is a green '+' in the camp I can't reach (stuck in crystals) that could be the Rebel Leader. However I can not click on him, not even when I'm standing practicaly next to him.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
OK, just solved the problem!

I was cruising around just to kill some time, when I found the Elder Raanaan that should receive the sword wandering on RUINS ISLAND, close to the 'exit' to REBEL ISLAND. He made quite a stroll for such an old coot! He nearly walked an entire island, quite a lot for a NPC if you ask me...

Thanks for the help!

Support
Support

Characters can wander around a bit, but I think that is the farthest I've heard of one getting from their starting place. Oh well, at least you found him.

A belated welcome to the forum. wave

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard