Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sly #368948 27/07/09 07:34 AM
apprentice
apprentice
My first crpg was "Eye of the Beholder".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_the_Beholder_(video_game)

dtp QA member
-------------------

MAXOS!
Mine was Dungeon Master. Actually there was another back on the amiga, written in GFA-Basic. But I can't remember it's name.

frenki #373419 03/08/09 10:59 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I dont know if it can be called a "true" RPG, but my first game that had some RPG elements was:

Waxworks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waxworks_(computer_game)

http://www.nemmelheim.de/horrorsoft/elvira/screenshots/waxworks/index.html

janggut #383778 08/09/09 03:25 AM
addict
addict
Dragon Warrior on the NES.

janggut #389156 19/10/09 07:12 PM
addict
addict
Oh my o my o my

4 or 5 years ago(I am 15)
I buy oblivion
heh that was funy
I"ve never heard of RPG games before,I was more "shoot them all" type

so first time I was like "this suck"
and I delete game
after few moths I reinstall game and after 1 month I learned what is RPG and how to play RPG
man I spent 6 months playing Oblivion day-night

after that I buy Gothic 3(WOWOWOWOWOOW)
that was great but only 1-2 months and after that every dollar I had I spent on new RPG

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
My fisrt RPG was Divine Divinity, ironically. In 2003 i read a preview about it in a magazine and iloved every single bit about it, so a while later i took off to a shop and bought the game. Been loving the series since.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
B
stranger
stranger
B
My first RPG was a game called Tunnels of Doom for the TI/994A computer. A few years later, I played Dungeon Explorer on the Turbografx-16. When I finally got a PC (a 386SX), I immediately played The Magic Candle and Ultima VI. It all went uphill from there. smile

For the record, I do consider action RPGs such as Diablo to be RPGs, but just a different style of RPG than Baldur's Gate, similar as a WRPG (Western RPG) has a different style from a JRPG (Japanese RPG).

bekkilyn #397189 30/12/09 10:32 PM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
my first rpg was divine divinty actually. lol i was about 8 years old and i fell in love with the game. i really enjoyed the story line and how ur actions factored into how the game went.

been playing rpg's ever since. ^_^

America...
janggut #401200 14/01/10 06:46 AM
stranger
stranger
My first RPG was Final Fantasy for the Nintendo (NES) from there I went on to play other Final Fantasy titles as well as those from Might and Magic, Wizardry, Ultima, AD&D (console games and pen and paper) Diablo and the like came later. I have gamed for over 20 years and seen a lot of titles, killed a lot of monsters, lost a lot of party members and saved many a world from destruction. Nothing is more satisfying than watching your ultimate enemy receive the deathblow he/she/it never thought would be given. horsey

There are no mysteries in this or any world. There are only places I haven't pillaged yet.
stranger
stranger
To be perfectly honest, I cannot recall the actual "first" rpg I played, there was final fantasy on NES, and Zelda, and Might and Magic. There was also an arcade rpg, the name of which escapes me, which I would have to say I first played, but, do arcade games count?

My mind works like lightning! One brilliant flash, then it's gone. >.>
Jingizu #405598 08/02/10 09:20 PM
old hand
old hand
Fable 1 since I started and still remain on consoles.

janggut #406427 16/02/10 05:43 PM
stranger
stranger
Also rememember kings quest great game on the floppy discs.but then jump a few years and fell in love with the final fanatasy series. x

Gamertag - Rachael4572
Rachael #410776 10/04/10 11:18 PM
veteran
veteran
My first RPG was not a whole RPG, but a simple game for kids :hihi: ... Technomage, but in Dutch!
I play it many hours ... It was about magic and technology and with puzzles, quests, etc ...

Then, one day (year 2004 or 2005) I buy Divine Divnity for a low budget ... I have never though this game ... but it keeps me bussy ... after all these years .... !
So DD was my "offical" first RPG I played and today sometimes I still play it! Many times I say the sunrise after the night and I was still playing
... a whole night long shame smirk
biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard