Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Support
Support

From your posts it seems the ending is a prime factor that determines if a game is good or not for you. It doesn't take much to ask in a forum if there are multiple endings (usually that would be mentioned in reviews, though, or possibly on the packaging) or, without using spoilers, if it is has good / happy ending. People have asked in this forum whether there were multiple endings, or if opponents respawned, etc, and asked for no spoilers because they had just started playing.

M
stranger
stranger
M
From the back cover of the game.

"Dynamically unfolding storyline depending on your choices and skills"

Support
Support

I barely looked at the packaging... That quote does certainly imply more fundamental plot changes than are present in the game (though the description under that heading is correct). You shouldn't need to do any research to check if official marketing is reasonably accurate.

M
stranger
stranger
M
very amicable. ty. i'll be leaving the forum now.

oh, and as a side note... perhaps there should be a pinned section about a discussion of the ending.

sorry, wanted to add one more thing*

You said that it was technically correct. It's also technically bordering on Bait and Switch.

Last edited by mojokabobo; 25/05/10 12:31 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
ooo, sorry, i meant to say that it was technically bordering on false advertising. bait and switch is similar in a way.

after all, i wanted a dynamic game with a twisting storyline (which usually is interpreted as having multiple endings, not one crappy one). I got this one instead. i'm sorry to be reposting, especially after i wanted to just leave it all as addressed, but I'm still really upset, and it's very difficult for me to stop thinking about it all. I will look on every single game that I am thinking about buying from now on, to make sure that I never buy from Larian again. I guess if I'm looking for something in a game, I won't trust the back cover at all..

journeyman
journeyman
smile Aw look at all the little girls crying! smile
It's not all cookies and sunshine so they are all scared.

PHENOMENAL GAME. FROM START TO FINISH!!! Could not get enough of it.
So because you little girls spent 40+ hours on this game. And the whole time you wanted more. Wanted to see what happens next. COMPLETELY ingulfed in the Divinity world and now it was all for nothing? Because you didn't get the girl, you didn't become the greatest? Because YOU got played.
I find it pretty hilarious, we jump through hoops thinking we are the sh*t only to find out we are being used smile
Don't worry Damian WHEN I BREAk OUT of there I WILL FIND YOU!!! laugh

Thanks LARIAN!!! For the first game I end up playing of yours I definatly picked the right one!!

veteran
veteran
Hello NINER,

Thanks so much for the nice comments about div2
It is great to read that the efforts and the passion the team has put into the Divinity Series are appreciated by our fans.

And now up to Flames of Vengeance! smile

All the best,
Lynn

veteran
veteran
A new FAN is born smile

You're welcome Niner !

You could not get enough of this game ?? Really ?? wink
I know it, I really know it ...
... I have the same thing with this game biggrin .
And with all Divinity games Larian make, especially Divine Divinity, beside Divinity II Ego Draconis !
And I'm sure Flames of Vengeance is even superior like all other !

I have other RPG's for my Xbox lying at home somewhere ... and they all eating ... dust ... :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
journeyman
journeyman
No I logged ALOT of hours in this game. I wouldn't know about the Divine Divinity, This is the first game from Larian I have played. Thankfully the story isn't hard to follow and it seems you do not need to have played the first one to understand this one. THANKFULLY smile

old hand
old hand
If you're familiar with Diablo, Divine Divinity is a lot like that, but with much more interesting gameworld to explore.

old hand
old hand
>>Dynamically unfolding storyline depending on your choices and skills"<<

In one of the post-mortem discussions we did about div2 we figured that when next we make a game, we should make all the choices/consequences much more explicit, and also "announce" them within the game so that players would really be aware of them. As the devs, we know how much effort was put in offering multiple pathways throughout the story, but we also realized that most people don't really see it, because a lot of them were implicit. For instance, the bandit camp quest had three main solutions (with various permutations), took months of effort to create, but to a player who didn't replay the game, it can look like there's no depth behind it, because of the mindread solution.

I realized this again when I saw a designer playing FOV recently where he had help from a guy I assumed couldn't be saved under any circumstances. So I asked him, how the hell did this guy end up by your side, and he told me, ah well, if you mindread that guy on each encounter, then you'll get an extra option which allows you to have him help you when you confront that boss. That's a choice/consequence mechanic in action right there, but chances are you'll never notice it.

I believe that we in all games we made, it's always been "different ways of solving the subquests, rather linear on the main storyline" and that we also communicated throughout interviews. FOV is no different though there non-linearity as it uses a div approach. The ending is fixed however.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by NINER
So because you little girls spent 40+ hours on this game.

I do know at least SOME of them are not "girls".

What made you believe so ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
What's the problem if "girls" AND boys (like me!) spending 40+ hours on this game ?
wink

I spend many more hours on this game already !! At least double these "40+" :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
A
veteran
veteran
A
Personally, I wouldn't consider someone in the 30s-40s as a "boy" or a "girl".

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
journeyman
journeyman
I'm saying the ONES WHO are CRYING about wasting time on the game and the ending being the way it is GIRLS. (Wether they are or not, they are being emotional "girls")
Was all I ment.

I'm a 'little girl' and I happen to love the ending. It just makes you want to play FoV even more. So don't put a lable on everyone will you wink

journeyman
journeyman
smile FINE smile
THE BABIES WHO ARE CRYING ABOUT IT :P
HAPPY!
**Phew** At least now only the BABIES can WHINE some more!!

Ah, sorry that my English isn't good enough to make you get the message ^^
Especially when you are the one talking with capslock, which gives me an indication of a certain emotion that you have on this topic wink

veteran
veteran
Each person have a meaning, it's okay wink

For me it is okay people going crying (like a baby) because of the "ending" and Oooo poor man/woman he/she was spending all their time on playing a game with such and **** ending like Divinity II have !!
I think, this is what Niner says first ... Sorry Niner if I'm wrong smirk ...

I find it more worse if a game is a totally disappointment, the whole gameplay or the whole combatsystem or ...
But in that case I think people don't play the whole game and don't even "see" never how that game "Ends" ! wink

@Elena :
I agree with this wink : "It just makes you want to play FoV even more."
smile Indeed !!

A
veteran
veteran
A
The ending is insofar unique, as it shows that the "big bad guys" are REALLY evil, and not just cannon-fodder for overpowered heroes.

--Dilbert cartoon

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard