Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Im now lvl16 and completed Janus quests, but somehow i get the feeling that it is a straight road to the endgame with gamealtering consequences but half the map is in fog yet... reputation is 9... i heard there are more areas.. Conveniently i still have the save right before entering the castle. Didnt particularly liked that goblin guy and things he has taken away from me too. Whats your way.

veteran
veteran
I'd recommend you be at least level 20. Level 16 is doable, though. I would roam around and kill any enemies you find who are below that level while you have the chance.

It might be a good idea to have 1 point into Repair, or a +1 Repair item. You should also stash anything you don't need at your base, but I wouldn't leave your healing potions behind. Travel light, but prepared.

Support
Support

There is a detour after you leave the castle, but you can get back to anything you have left to do. As Stabbey said being at a higher level is better, but level 16 is not too low. You will meet the imp historian again and get the teleporter stones back (after you get out of the next area, you will receive a quest to rescue Zandalor; after you do so, he will teleport you to a new area when you are ready, and you can find the imp there after you clear it).
I did most of the quests in Rivertown and Verdistis and cleared the Rivertown sewers before heading to the castle (clearing the sewers is easier when you still have your teleporer stones, and having the sewer clear makes it faster to rescue Zandalor).

You may want to put any loot and miscellaneous stuff from your inventory in a chest and toss it out the front gate before finishing off the castle, even if you stashed stuff at your base before entering the castle. You will probably get a fair bit of loot in the next area, and if you don't clear out unnecessary stuff you would be more likely to become encumbered (though you can always stash stuff in a barrel, put a flag on your map and come back for it later).

The only 'point of no return' in the game is the blessing ceremony, which requires a few quests you will get from Zandalor.

veteran
veteran
It's also a good thing you have ALL the Teleporter's active (have all the Scrolls, from each race one scroll, so you can activate all!) before you must give your Teleporter Stones to that "Imp" wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Well im replaying and clearing places now. Goodbye 3 items with +1 repair. shame Another hour of reloading wasted. Completing all of the subquests needed for the invitation pass seems like a good checkpoint... and oh yeah, played football with 10 castle chests. I cant stop laughing imaging how it would look like if it were for real. Raze, you're very evil.

Support
Support

evil

BTW, there is a cellar in the north west building that is outside the anti-magic zone, so you can bring locked chests there to use Lockpick.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

evil

BTW, there is a cellar in the north west building that is outside the anti-magic zone, so you can bring locked chests there to use Lockpick.

Is this "Cellar" IN the Castle or in a house around the Castle, but within the walls of Stormfist Castle? smirk

Thanks fo the tip Raze, I never found it yet! oops

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Support
Support

The cellar is inside the castle walls, in the northern part of the building west of the castle (screenshot).

veteran
veteran
Your're great Raze!! smile Many thanks!

claphands

PS: I can't remember I ever discovered this cellar!! :hihi:
fun to discover I can STILL discover new things in DD, after all ! grin

Last edited by Joram; 17/04/10 07:29 PM.

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
nah these chests had a rather uniqie smallsized unisex look and pretty lowweight of 200. No point of wasting them in a cellar. Replacement for a portable armory storage.

Last edited by Nicknick; 18/04/10 06:35 AM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Clearing out the sewers is an excellent idea, considering how the lizard folks have excellent experience points attached to them. There is also a lot of excellent loot to be found in the sewers. I would grab loot and as soon as I got encumbered, I would go to the market and sell the loot. Making money is so easy in this game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

(clearing the sewers is easier when you still have your teleporer stones, and having the sewer clear makes it faster to rescue Zandalor).

The fastest route to rescuing Zandalor goes through the Thieves Guild. Once you become a member, you get access to a shortcut which saves a lot of walking and fighting.

I reached the last part of the game with over 1,300,000 gold. You would not believe my backache.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard