Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
So, I bought the game last night from Wal-mart. Started playing and got locked up with Jargon. After an hour or two of getting completely spanked and no saves to revert back to, the auto-save was at LEAST three hours back. So, I ended up snagging a trainer that would give me the HP to not die. I picked up the NoDVD crack because my version was up to date and the trainer wasn't. So, switched out the .EXEs and did my thing, switching everything back.

Ended up starting a new character and ran into the problem of having my client crash. Thought it was just while loading but proved to be rather random and without warning at all. I uninstalled, reinstalled, checked my drivers, and did pretty much everything. The trainer is a non-issue, wasn't used afterwards and only served one purpose at the time.

The copy I have is a valid copy, wouldn't post if I was pirating it. So, any thoughts or ideas? The save which I used the trainer on I think I DID load it -once- with the fresh install. I wonder if that may have bugged it up, because the .EXE was from a prior version when the save was made. Either way, the smarter way to have done this was just not go mess with Jargon until I've an RPG handy. >.>

Edit: Read around and ran the DirectX updates and all that other fun lovin' stuff. Still crash-happy.

Last edited by RaehvynLocke; 26/04/10 02:50 AM.
veteran
veteran
I picked up the NoDVD crack because my version was up to date and the trainer wasn't. So, switched out the .EXEs and did my thing, switching everything back.

Here is your answer.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Yep, people are so lazy they have to use illegal means because it's just to hard to open a drive and put a DVD or CD in... then they complain when it messes up the game!

Amazing!

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by The Outfield
Yep, people are so lazy they have to use illegal means because it's just to hard to open a drive and put a DVD or CD in... then they complain when it messes up the game!

Amazing!

You failed to comprehend even the basics of what occured. The NoDvD .EXE was used because the game that was currently installed was not compatible with what I was trying to do. If you're going to insinuate that I am either incompetent or lazy and unwilling to open my DVD drive then at least do so enlightened.

As for the .EXE and the trainer, they are not the problem as the fresh install would have taken care of that, as well as reinstalling anything related. Since I only really opened the program once it may have even been well on its way to crashing before hand, and simply didn't get to that point.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Kein
I picked up the NoDVD crack because my version was up to date and the trainer wasn't. So, switched out the .EXEs and did my thing, switching everything back.

Here is your answer.

How is it my answer though? If everything was reinstalled and a new save file created the existence of either the trainer or the .EXE that did not belong would have no affect on the newly installed version.

I do appreciate the lack of insults or insinuations though.

stranger
stranger
Because it's possible the saves generated by the legit (and newer version) and cracked (older version) exe's have a slight difference causing crashes. Or maybe the trainer screwed something up. Or maybe the cracked exe did.

If you play a new game from scratch, do you still crash?

Anyways, it's pretty obvious *something* you did is causing this. You were playing fine and after you used the trainer/cracks you started having issues. It's reasonable to assume that's where your problem lies.

Last edited by KnuckleHead; 26/04/10 05:46 PM.
veteran
veteran
Can you clarify that the crashes started after the add-ons were installed? If it was crashing before that it could be a host of things. But if it started only after those installations then it seems you have found your culprit.

And little newblets, please keep your opinions to yourself, if he needs to be talked to let the Larian's do it, I can assure you that Lynn has no problems talking to troublesome users.

Last edited by NeroJB; 26/04/10 06:25 PM.
stranger
stranger
Does that include people calling others "little newblets"?

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Bottom line... only buy retail copies of games and DON"T USE ILLEGAL CD CRACKS!

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by NeroJB
Can you clarify that the crashes started after the add-ons were installed? If it was crashing before that it could be a host of things. But if it started only after those installations then it seems you have found your culprit.

And little newblets, please keep your opinions to yourself, if he needs to be talked to let the Larian's do it, I can assure you that Lynn has no problems talking to troublesome users.

I thought you could post "opinions" on game forums, or is that for only those that became members in 2003? (non-newblets) "Little newblets" or name calling is allowed huh?

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I may not have been clear. The fresh copy was when I started the save. Regardless though, I think it was actually a PhysX issue or something. That was the last thing updated and it seems to have suddenly gone away now. Not sure what caused it to be honest but it isn't hanging around.

To those who helped: Thanks! I appreciate it.
To those that didn't: Why bother replying with a snide remark or two? I didn't pirate the game. My concerns are equally as valid as any. I just couldn't kill Jargon with that character. frown

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R

I don't believe NoCD cracked .EXEs are actually illegal. I may very well be wrong but I think they're fine. They're just often used for piracy is all. Some games get around to installing NoCD patches, like The Witcher for example.

veteran
veteran
That's hilarious. Do you really think you will get support for you cracked version of Divinity 2 on official support forums?
>_>

Sometimes ppl amuse me.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Kein
That's hilarious. Do you really think you will get support for you cracked version of Divinity 2 on official support forums?
>_>

Sometimes ppl amuse me.

You failed to read my post which explained my version isn't cracked nor pirated, it was a clean copy that was having problems with PhysX. Your inability to spell "people" correctly pretty much invalidates anything you posted. Go back to class, learn basic reading comprehension, and then go pas your spelling test please.

No, I didn't expect support for "Me cracked version". I was curious if anyone could give me hints as to why a freshly DvD installed copy of Divinity would randomly crash. Turns out to have been a bad installation. Regardless, I solved the problem. Thank you for your support.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by RaehvynLocke

I don't believe NoCD cracked .EXEs are actually illegal. I may very well be wrong but I think they're fine. They're just often used for piracy is all. Some games get around to installing NoCD patches, like The Witcher for example.

No cd cracks are made by thiefs/hackers to steal games... plain and sinple.

Us "honest" game players have to deal with evasive copyprotection programs like StarForce, SecureRom, Safedisc, etc, etc, even though the "real" gamers paid for their games, yet the honest gamers have compatibility issues because of the pirates/thiefs!

Bottom line, no honest gamer needs a cd crack... PERIOD!!!

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Us "honest" game players have to deal with evasive copyprotection programs like StarForce, SecureRom, Safedisc, etc, etc, even though the "real" gamers paid for their games, yet the honest gamers have compatibility issues because of the pirates/thiefs!

Bottom line, no honest gamer needs a cd crack... PERIOD!!!

The NoCD crack is used for backup disks which I guess are legal if you own the disk. The moment you sell it or something, your legal right to own a backup is lost. This is of course going on the legal notice that you accept on the website or whatever. They do go hand in hand but quite frankly, I only needed it because my version of the game was too up to date for what I was trying to do to work. Not saying you're at all wrong, not everything that is legal is used legally.

But look at is this way. Say you buy the game and for whatever reason the disk gets damaged? Maybe your drive devoured it, like Xbox does to some. (Rented assassin's creed and my Xbox tore that baby apart. Burnt a ring or something into it). I suppose the right thing to do would be to buy another copy, but seems silly if you could just get the NoCD fix for it. I don't honestly know how legal it is but since they're hosting it I imagine they're not getting much legal trouble.

In other news, I rolled a ranger and tore Jargon to little bits. >.>

Support
Support

FWIW I used to routinely check for no-CD cracks just so I didn't have to bother with swapping disks (haven't played any recent PC games due to an outdated system), and bought every retail game I played.

While playing Beyond Divinity I upgraded my old SCSI CD-RW drive to a PATA DVD-RW drive. Starforce didn't have a problem previously having the play CD in my fast and quiet SCSI DVD-ROM drive, but once I added the PATA drive it would only accept that (which was slower, noisier and spun up much more frequently when there was no apparent need to). Fortunately, the 1.49 patch removed the copy protection (and of course there is none in the GOG version).
With Divine Divinity a configuration file edit will mostly remove the need for the play CD/DVD in the disk version, except for a couple cutscenes.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard