#411957 02/05/10 03:21 PM
R
Razac Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
hi

i tried warrior/Dragon slayer type and Ranger/Dragon slayer and i only spend skill on warrior/Ranger and dragon slayer and depends too much from potions i wont that.

so i intend do Warrior/Mage/Dragon salyer type, but i want focus major of the time in warrior and mage as secondary the dragon slayer is necessary.

so i want know whic stats you recommend?
1st- vit/str?
2nd-vit/str/int?

which? i want a tanker but at same time useful magic to battles ranged creatures etc.

which skills do you recommend for each type warrior/mage and dragon slayer?

i will use mostly meele attack but i need resistance.

i restarted already 2 times and its getting annoying.

anyway i like the story and enviroment even in xbox 360.

in advance thank you. wink

veteran
veteran
A first thing: do you play on "Low" difficulty?
That can make it a way easier. I personally always begin to play a new game I buy on low/easy. wink

If you're not sure which kind of type (warrior, ranger, mage or combination) you wish to play:
invest in Strength, Dexerity AND Intelligence!
Notice that:
your Resistance go up if you invest in those 3 stats (for example: more Strength = more Melee Resistance; and also more Conditioned Body! + more Melee Damage!)

Best thing to discover which type you find the most fun into: PLAY the game!! wink
Take your time to discover all your preferences.
It's mostly a personal thing to choose for Skills!
For example
For a Ranger I begin with Poison Arrows and Ranger Stealth (= also handy for a Mage and other types) I take later on 2 points (is good) ...
For a Mage I begin with Fireball and choose Magic Missile and/or Magic Blast + take a point in Confusion and/or Destruction.

Mana Leech is for sure a good skill, especially if you use often magic (Whirlwind needs also mana!)
Potion Efficiency(a Ranger Skill) is also a good Skill for most characters.
But there're many more Skills to discover. Make a savegame, put points in a Skill and try it .. and reload that savegame if you're not happy with your chooice ....

I personal didn't invest many points in Vitality or Spirit .. later on I find Charms or Equipment that boost my Vitality and Spirit ... (I play on "High" now, so it is for sure possible!)

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
R
Razac Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
im playing in low but what hurt me most and kill me are the ranged type and great amount of monsters sorrounding you mainly called chief.

i love warrior type but i thought vit was good but i was wrong, and then i am doing the same thing with the ranger type putting almost full dex and 1 vit i almost broke all the the stock of locke in potions lol xD

so you think if i invest only in the skills you said in the mage my warior will be good?

Thank you for the answer

Last edited by Razac; 02/05/10 05:19 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I have played all 3 classes and have found it much easier to focus on just ONE class. Using my creature with a (Magic Missile/Magic Blast HEAD) Personally, i never waste my skill points in the ghost,undead,skelly tree. My suggestion is to pick a class then bring up 3 skills so it doesnt take you too long to get them high enough to do major damage. Spreading your skill points around in 2 or more classes just gives you alot of weak skills.
Warrior = str 2, dex 1, int 1 per level up- occasionally vitality
Mage = int 2, dex 1, spirit 1 per level up- occasionally str, vit
Ranger = dex 2, str 1, int 1 per level up- occasionally vit, spirit

Warrior definately max WHIRLWIND, Evade rpg005
Mage max Magic Missile, Fireball rpg007
Ranger max Explosive arrows rpg008

These are just some suggestions from my own experience and play style and all have worked great in completing the game on the 3 classes groovy oops aargh

If you get swarmed, just run back and inch your way close to draw one or 2 mobs, then back away a bit to fight them , those chiefs are NASTY but doable solo+ health pot grin

Last edited by Dragonbane; 02/05/10 07:03 PM.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
C
C
Razac,

I typically play a warrior and/or ranger in RPG's. Yes, those chiefs will nail you in a hurry-- the first ones you encounter are about level 4-- so if you're only level 2, you'd better just run!

With warriors, you'll need to drop a couple of points into vitality-- not a lot, just one or two points. See if you can find armor/jewelry that boosts your vitality and wear those. One strategy for warrior types is to lead some of the 'mob' members away and pick them off one-by-one.

Go to town if the chiefs are still too difficult for you, and complete some quests-- it's pretty simple to do secondary quests by talking with people, and that will give you more points and get you to a higher level faster so that you can take on those devastating chiefs in the beginning.

Another thing you could do is search around the forums. There's a thread for "end-game" character stats, which can teach you a lot (helped me, anyway).

On Ego Draconis, both times I played all the way through w/ a mostly warrior type. Finding or buying the right armor & jewelry can go a long way to saving your points until you know how to best disperse them. "WHIRLWIND" is a great skill I used a lot with both characters, especially when combined with "DUAL WIELD" (which increases the damage you do while dual wielding, which I usually do).

Most important, don't worry about the build so much as just playing the game, as Joram said. That's the best way to learn. Play on "easy" on the first go around so you can learn how this game works; by the end of the game, you will definitely have a picture of how to better build a character.

Also, later in the game you can "unlearn" all your skills & 'retrain', so that gives you the opportunity to start out with one build to get you through the beginning of the game, and do something completely different for the second half of the game.

I hope this information helps you.

Remember, enjoy the game!

All Best,

~~CierraShore

"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have LOTS of lives!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
LOL Cierra that quote is AWESOME!!!! woehoe

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
C
C
Dragonbane,

Thank you, but I cannot take credit for the words. I found that quote on another site, and thought "that's totally me!" I like yours, too.

All best,

~~CierraShore

R
Razac Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
thx i will try out now and see if it works

thx for all the answers

i go pick warrior dual with 1 or 2 mage skils

stranger
stranger
whats the best set up you can have with ur character????

Support
Support

The 'best' character build is party dependent on your playstyle.

Character Optimization

R
Razac Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
in my case now my char is running well a combination between waarior and mage, my armor is based evade and vitality even rings etc all increase hitpoints

thx

C
C
Razac,

You're welcome! smile Have fun! smile

~~CierraShore

C
C
Originally Posted by turttle
whats the best set up you can have with ur character????

turttle,

The "best" set-up for a character is quite subjective, and objectively depends on the type of build you do (warrior, mage, ranger) and the armor/weapons/jewelry you find during the play.

If you could be a little more specific with your question, perhaps I (or others here) can answer better.

Have a great day.

~~CierraShore

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard