Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have made it to Maxos' temple and successfully completed all the rooms with the exception of the platform jumping room. (I have the PC version of the game.)

I've made it to the 3rd platform (first one with a lever), but cannot make it from there across the room to the moving platform. Every time, and I do mean EVERY TIME, I try to jump from platform to platform, I end up falling down to the floor and have to start the room all over.

This is quite aggravating, as I've been stuck in this particular room for over 12 HOURS! I've tried going into Battle Rage to see if that amps up my jumping skills, but it doesn't.

I've tried running from the back edge of the platform and jumping as I reach the front edge, but I still fall....

Anyone come across a 'no-clip/fly' cheat or anything to help me out of this freakin' room? I love this game - I just want away from the platforms!!!!! headbanging

Support
Support

I don't know of any such cheats on the PC. I played the Xbox version (generally speaking I find jumping easier using a gamepad).

Maxos Temple platforms

Remapping the keys may help coordinating movement and jumping.
From the topic Sinister Cavern:
Originally Posted by qiote
Changed my "key" commands for the jumping, and it was a lot easier... Now, after I "play" with the chest for a bit....
Originally Posted by qiote
I move via the "arrow" keys.. I made the " / " key for jumping.....I use my left hand middle 3 fingers to move via the arrows and the little finger reaches the " / " easily.. The mouse does the rest..I've set my "hot" keys to the number pad...so everything can be done, quite easily with the left hand, all in one general area..

I left the Journal, Map and so forth, set the way they were..

Welcome to the forum. wave

enthusiast
enthusiast
That jump has more to do with timing than anything else. Also when you get to each (tough platform) SAVE, then jump to the next, SAVE again and so on. Its very easy to delete those saves after youve made all the jumps! I am not very adept at making vid clips or i would make a vid of that jump and post it on youtube...You might find it on there anyway.
Timing is the key. And just remember to save when you finally do make that jump!!! lol
Personally i love the spacebar as the jump key because i just tap it easily with my thumb.

Good luck evil

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Support
Support

The first topic I linked to above has a link to a Youtube video of that section.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've watched the video more times than I count. I'm usually very good with the hand-eye coordination and these types of puzzles, but this is driving me batty....

Support
Support

I just linked to the first video that came up in a search. If you think it might help, there may be other videos of that same section, from players that were not as rushed getting through it.

Do you have anything else to do in Broken Valley? You will eventually need to finish everything off anyway, so you could do that now and take a break from jumping.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard