Page 1 of 2 1 2
#412414 11/05/10 01:11 AM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
For the past few days I've been stuck trying to do the little bit of quests I have so I can lvl and reach the other parts of the zone without...dieing so much...lol

I've explored most of the map I'm on, except parts that have lvl 9+ mobs that I can't take on just yet at lvl 7. I have nothing but quests to get the xp i need to lvl and can't finish ANY of them.

Quests:
Lovis Loot - Can't find the artifacts.
A hunting we shall go - cant find all them, only 1 so far is done.
Looking for Lovis - Can't get in yet.
A greater hunter - no idea what to do on this one.

I've explored alot of the dungeons/underground routes many times. I still don't know what else to do, any help would be great.

~V

Support
Support

At level 7 I was able to use a bow to take out the level 8 skeletons at the main (locked) gate of Lovis' tower (switching to melee when they got close), with several strategic retreats to heal behind the large tree down hill. As long as you get one or two of them each attack, the next approach will be easier. After that I continued south east to clear the level 6/7 goblins, and the first couple level 9 bandits.
The bandits were too tough in large groups, so I went west of the place you meet the dragon knight, and up the northern path through the mountains (and level 6/7 goblins). Farther west I cleared partly towards the passage to Maxos temple (at level 8 or 9 I could take out the level 11 black ring members one or two at a time), then decided to leave that area and clear out the derelict tunnel (the two goblin entrances already cleared above ground). After that I finished off the skeletons around Lovis's tower. I kept exploring, though, and did a fair bit before actually entering the tower.

Lovis' loot can be found near the top of Lovis' tower.

For 'a hunting we shall go', Hallorn is in the derelict tunnels, Yup'ik and Viper are in the far south east area, and Jagon is in the bandit camp (also to the south east, but not as far south), near the quarry. The greater hunter quest can be solved near the quarry (a little west of there). You can go after Hallorn now (take out the goblins first, if you have not done so yet), but I think the others will require you to be another couple levels higher, at least.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #412417 11/05/10 02:10 AM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Thanx for the Welcome. After I posted this I found the entrance to the direlect tunnels, and completely cleared it out. Lvled right before tho since I had to fight my way there. Lvl 8 now but the bandits give me the hardest time, im going the wizard/mage route which i like, still some range attacks. I've been up to the front door of the Lovis tower, I didn't really look around...lol But I'll go back and do that, as for the bandit camp, i can't make it there yet, no idea of a tunnel entrance to that either.

I just killed Hallorn in the tunnels, got some good stuff from him. Thanx for the help, I'll keep that in mind.

EDIT: I also came across an NPC on a bridge that was selling properties and such. Anyone know anything about that.

Last edited by Vaelth; 11/05/10 02:14 AM.
Support
Support

I used Hallorn's ring for quite awhile, delaying turning that quest in until I had a better ring to replace it with.

You'll meet Willy a couple more times, either trying again to sell you a house, or get more money out of you; he is a con artist.

Raze #412420 11/05/10 02:46 AM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
lol, Thought so, lost 500g to him...slick little bugger. I'll try and make my way to the bandit camp, since I don't know what else to do atm since the dilect tunnels.

Also, I keep seeing tips about having runners/servants to do things for u. No idea what thats about...lol Also when do u get to change into a dragon again? I did it for the quest then I can't anymore. Either way I'm enjoying the game, just run into road blocks sometimes.

~V

Support
Support

Once you finish off Broken Valley (specifically Maxos Temple) you will gain access to sentinel island, where (after some exploring and quests) you will be able to take over the battle tower there and become a full dragon knight. The servants / runners come with the battle tower; once fully upgraded you can use them to gather gems/minerals to use in enchantments or sell (malachite ore and diamonds being the most expensive), so 'wasting' 500 gold isn't a big deal.

Raze #412423 11/05/10 03:22 AM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Yeah I know but at the time I needed the 500g...lol I got like 3k gold now, so no worries..rofl I still got alot b4 that happens, be nice if I could actually finish the quests...lol

Thanx for your input tho...back to the grind stone.

EDIT: I still can't find the artifacts by the tower, iv'e searched at the top and at the bottom near the shrine and around it.

Last edited by Vaelth; 11/05/10 03:23 AM.
Support
Support

When you get up into the tower, keep an eye out for levers to open the gates (some are on the ground, some are on ledges you need to jump up to). As you climb up the tower, you will eventually get to 4 dragon statues with pressure plates that need to be activated to open a gate. After that the path splits; keep left to spiral upwards to where you can find a skeleton blacksmith and Lovis' loot, or right to go down a bit to another ladder down to a small platform where you can jump down to the section that contains the door to Lovis' chamber.

Raze #412426 11/05/10 03:54 AM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Sweet thanx, i just ran into the mine, with the burnt down camp, exploring that atm. I'll go back after I'm done.

Support
Support

After the mine, you might want to return to the necromancer in the mountain cave north of the destroyed chapel (in the starting section of Broken Valley) first.

Raze #412429 11/05/10 04:02 AM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Ight, I got plenty of body parts but I haven't done the quest from him yet to find the missing zombies.

Support
Support

I thought you were in the mine with the missing undead? (west of Lovis' tower, a bit south of the fortune teller)
I didn't use the creature all the time, but for the rest of Broken Valley I just automatically used a warrior head. In the fjords trying to take out some level 21 imps at level 17, I found the creature much more helpful with a level 2 ranger head than a level 6 warrior head (didn't have a mage head at the time, but I switched as soon as I found one).

Raze #412431 11/05/10 05:18 AM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Yeah thats where I was, I completed it and turned the quest in to the necromancer guy. To bda I can only choose 1 reward...lol I could really use 2 of the rewards...:( I might use it if I make one just to help me when i need it, and change out the pieces like u siad.

GAHHHH! I'm stuck in the room at the top of the tower...lol I can't get out the door locked after i entered i guess. Room with Carlin the blacksmith..any ideas?

Last edited by Vaelth; 11/05/10 05:31 AM.
Support
Support

There are buttons in each of the rooms (beside wall murals/crests) that trigger various traps (one turns you into a ladybug for a few seconds, etc). The button in the room on fire opens the door (and triggers something to appear in the central room).

Raze #412436 11/05/10 06:11 AM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Wow...I feel stupid...lol I found it, did the Lovis with the orb thing, nearly died, but i got it done...lol Everything is falling into place now, lvl 10 finally..:)

Thanx for all the help.

addict
addict
Keep exploring and you will find everything

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Ok so I finally got to the bandit camp, and Ragnor isn't where he's supposed to be. I can't find him anywhere, can't finish the quest without him. Also the Temple of Doom...is there a way around the poison?

addict
addict
yes there is
Its called

***SEARCH BUTTON***

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
Support
Support

Ragnar is only important if you want to mindead him to find the key to open a door in the temple of doom to get some crappy loot. The daylight robbery quest he gives you can find and complete yourself.

In the Temple Of Doom you can stick to the trail of blood and bodies to avoid the poison. Jargon may be a little tough at level 10, though.

Raze #412488 12/05/10 12:14 AM
V
Vaelth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
V
Well I tried to use the search feature *cough* Raven *cough*, but nothing comes up for what I'm looking for. I searched for Jagon in the title and the body of the text, just to clarify.

EDIT: Forgout about my minion, took him down with np.

Last edited by Vaelth; 12/05/10 01:31 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard