Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
U
stranger
stranger
U
So yet again, another publisher asking original buyers of this game to fork out $5.99 for a patch! We have the original game already, we bought it when it first came out, at full price, helping Larian survive in the early days. And how do we get repaid? A patch that we can only access if we buy the game AGAIN!

Way to go Larian!

Support
Support

How is additional content a patch?

Where did they say there would not be any more patches for the original game, and that the only way to get updates will be to get the addon?

U
stranger
stranger
U
I emailed Larian over a week ago and no reply. This same thing happened with Arx Fatalis. This is the way developers are now - money grabbing and not caring about customers who already bought their games and just rubbing there hands at any new cash from GOG like Ebeneezer Scrooge!

All patches should be made available to previous owners, so the fact that the GOG version has the 1.4A patch means I as as someone who already owns the game should have access to the 1.4A patch too, without having to buy the game again!

Oh and DD II Will only b a secondhand buy from ebay in a year or so - to make sure no more of my hard-earned money goes to Larian.

Last edited by uk_john; 15/03/10 11:12 PM.
Support
Support

The download version is not a patch of the disk version.

Exactly how much do you think they are making off the GOG/Impulse version?

Now, how much do you think it would cost to develop and test a patch against all previous game/save versions? How much do think it would cost to hire companies to localize the updated version, and beta test patches for other language versions? (unless of course English speaking people are the only ones who deserve free updates in perpetuity)
I guarantee the original publishers are not going to pony up any money or resources to put out another patch.

journeyman
journeyman
I understand your frustration uk_john and I too at first thought it was unfair that I had the CD retail version and had to purchase a download edition to get the latest version.
I then realised what a jerk I was being.
But please let me explain a couple of points.

First:
the cost involved is a few bucks. I have bought games for $100 and they have been duds.
The cost for this downloaded version is very cheap.
Second:
The digital version is a re-released version. It is not the original that has been patched. For example the original did not have widescreen support. Widescreen was not used by the majority of gamers back then.
This version does however support widescreen.

Perhaps the developers could have spent more time working on a patch for the original retail version.
But considering the years that have passed since DD was first released and to now when the digital version was released, I hardly think Larian could devote resources to a patch. The digital download version helps pay for its development.

If you really feel the need to have what the digital version offers, then just pay the $5 it costs on Impulse.
If not then you can still enjoy the original.
This is a very old game. The fact that it is still being supported in some way I think deserves praise.
And not the whinging you are posting about.

veteran
veteran
Sorry, I didn't read this whole thread (if I have more time .. when?? biggrin ), but I have found this on internet:
http://www.impulsedriven.com/divdivinity .

My question is:
I have long ago buy Divine Divinity for around 6 euro's I think. That was a patched version,
V. 1.0034A.

Now I see on that link: Version 1.05 !

Is the ONLY difference: "Widescreen" ?
Or are there more things changed?

For example: my V.1.0034A have sometimes some bugs like by Josephina's Staff I must search in a wall! Are these bugs not more in Version 1.05 ???

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

Widescreen support was the main change in the download version (also on GOG, as well as Impulse).

Originally Posted by ForkTong
Graphics are not updated or improved or changed or touched smile Only code has changed. You can play it at higher resolutions now. List of updates:

General:
- Feature: Allow more resolutions
- Feature: Recreated config tool
- Fixed: numerous crashes and freezes
- Fixed: encumbrance could make items disappear
- Feature: Tooltips of damage stats on stat screen improved

Skills
- Fixed: Spellbooks no longer ignore level requirements
- Fixed: All weapon expertise skills give percentile bonuses instead of static bonuses
- Fixed: True Sight damage is now actually used
- Fixed: Bow and crossbow expertise bonuses are now actually used
- Fixed: Divine Eye removes the fog of war
- Fixed: Deadly Gift's Scorpion Trap is less powerful
- Fixed: Resurrected enemies die after region swap

veteran
veteran
Thanks a lot ... sound nice ! delight

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Originally Posted by Raze
- Fixed: Deadly Gift's Scorpion Trap is less powerful

Oh, so that's why scorpions die in one hit on hard mode now.

addict
addict

Last edited by MysterD; 03/04/10 03:02 PM.
veteran
veteran
But what is the best (not cheapest, but quality) site to download DD?
GOG.com or impulsedriven.com ?

Use GOG - it's fully DRM-free where Impulse requires you to activate on install (meaning you could lose access to purchased software if Impulse ever shuts down, becomes unavailable or tries to blackmail customers by imposing a regular fee to keep accounts open).

veteran
veteran
Thanks!

And yes, I see a required program like 'Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0' or something and I have try install it, but it doesn't work (the install) frown ...
And if I look on my PC, that program they mentioned I have already, what a strange thing it is all about impulse-requirements ... And first 'de-install' that kind of program on my pc also didn't work (de-install)... biggrin

I go for GOG.com, they also support "PayPal" to buy a game from them. smile

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Stargazer
Use GOG - it's fully DRM-free where Impulse requires you to activate on install (meaning you could lose access to purchased software if Impulse ever shuts down, becomes unavailable or tries to blackmail customers by imposing a regular fee to keep accounts open).

thank you for this info , I would not have known otherwise. I too own original DD and I wanted to have the newest updates with widescreen support. GOG still has the promo offer going so its totally worth it.

veteran
veteran
I have buy DD on GOG.com.
Now I must download it, but I see I can download on to possible ways smirk ... via webbrowser or via the GOG-downloader! What should I do best?

I downloaded already all the in-game-soundtracks, beautiful, love the music of DD, love the music of Kirill Pokrovsky!! Thanks man!!

Now I listen to the soundtracks and I understand why I wish to began to play hundred times over again Divine Divinity!!
Love the music from in the catacombs beneath Aleroth, love the music from the Wastelands and the Hall of Ritual Blessing (and many more)!!
delight

A big thanks to Larian Studios and GOG !
5,99 US dolars, that isn't much for this (all can been download apart from GOG)
1) the whole (widescreen) Divine Divinity Game.
2) All the soundtracks you can listen to it via a Media Player
3) Manual (37 pages)
4) Walpapers
5) prequel story of Divine Divinty (31 pages)
6) Artworks
7) Avatars

Very sheap! I enjoy now first the music for awhile biggrin ... and then go for the rest ...

Greetings wave

Last edited by Joram; 10/04/10 10:17 PM.

stranger
stranger
Ok, you are right, it's cheap, etc.. But for the people they have bought a non-english version and want to continue using the game with their own language location, what's the solution? It's possible to easily install the GOG version and replace the language files by the original CD/DVD ones?

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Divine Divinity available at a 30% discount, don’t miss it!

[Linked Image]

This weekend Larian's highly-acclaimed classic, Divine Divinity, is available at a 30% discount! Don't miss your chance to experience the very first chapter of the epic RPG series that takes place in wondrous Rivellon.

Whether you're new to the series or a long time fan, this is the perfect moment to (re)acquaint yourself with the story that will soon be continued in the expansion to Divine Divinity's successor: Divinity II – Ego Draconis. In this expansion, called Flames of Vengeance, you'll conclude the journey of the last Dragon Knight as you seek to take revenge on those that opposed you and deliver the city of Aleroth from utter annihilation!

So enjoy the old-school, quest-driven, fantasy-filled gameplay of one of the best RPGs ever made and get ready for more, bigger and better in Divinity II – Flames of Vengeance, coming 2010.
Website Flames Of Vengeance: http://www.flamesofvengeance.com/

Until Monday, June 14 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, GOG.com is giving you a 30% discount on 5 classic RPGs and one of them is Divine Divinity!

Grab the game at GOG.com: http://www.gog.com/
--

AWARDS
Divine Divinity, won awards and accolades worldwide, after its launch in 2002. Its huge fantasy world, strong storyline, unparalleled levels of interactivity, and unique character development system captured the hearts of many RPG players.

Gamespot: Nominee Best RPG of 2002 (Divine Divinity)

GameSpy: Runner Up Best PC RPG Game of the Year (Divine Divinity)

RPGDot: Platinum Award (Divine Divinity)

IGN.com: Editor’s Choice Award (Divine Divinity)

RPG Vault: Outstanding Achievement in Music (Divine Divinity)

PC Zone UK: Essential Award (Divine Divinity)

Gamespot: “Well-designed, open-ended, lengthy role-playing game.”

Gamespy: “An incredibly amount of freedom!”

IGN: “Divine Divinity is a very easy game to get into and enjoy,” said Barry Brenesal, contributing editor to IGN PC. “It has atmosphere, tons of quests, and a great deal of variety to offer. Above all, it’s plain fun to play.”

More awards and press quotes: http://www.larian.com/divinedivinity.php

--
LINKS
Divine Divinity: http://www.larian.com/divinedivinity.php
Divinity II – Flames Of Vengeance: http://www.flamesofvengeance.com/
Divinity II – Ego Draconis: http://www.divinity2.com/
Larian Studios: http://www.larian.com/
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Divinity-2-Ego-Draconis/39414380803?ref=ts
Tweet with us: http://twitter.com/divinity2

[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
For those ,they do'nt ever played maybe good....they will know ,what the dinvine-univers is.
They say ,that u dont had to play divine divinity or beyond before u play divinity2...but i think ,all that those ... miss something....history,fun...think its better to play it befor opa
Also because u know only then ,what u miss in Divinity2...and maybe in FOV...i came too late here in forum,that I have an effectual manner to say those things.But some burn on my nails...I tell it on the other day kitty ...maybe

Wenn man die Meinung der Mehrheit teilt ist es Zeit sich zu besinnen
stranger
stranger
Damn ! Now I have no reason to don't buy this beautiful game again.. Argh too late ! I paid, download in progress...

But I have a question related to my previous post : patching the game with the language files of a non-english original version is well supported or?

Thanks to lynn for the post.

Support
Support

Changing languages is not officially supported at all. I've only had experience with people trying to convert to English with disk versions of the game, which produced mixed results (depending on the localization in question); see German to English?, for example.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard