Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Whoa whoa whoa! hold a second there! you are ALREADY launching a 20hour expansion to D2 ?!

I gotta say, from a guy that came from divine divinity 7 years ago, that i'm realy realy impressed!

I was just starting my 2nd playthrough of D2 but i stumbled upon RPGwatch.com and i couldnt believe my eyes.

- A very quick release in summer 2010
- Updated engine for D2 and D2 Flames of vengeance
- 20 hours extra
- The horrible ending of D2 is finaly not the sour end of the gameplay

For me, just this 4 items award this launch as the best news of my "computer year".

Only advice i realy realy realy realy wanted to leave was that PLEASE don't make the patch launch so confusing as in D2. Honestly, take a full extra month if you can, but please GET IT RIGHT across the globe and don't launch 10 diferent versions of the same patch, with diferent patch notes, well, you get the idea laugh

Good luck! i'm sure to buy it!

P.S. PLEASE finaly kill the stutering. Stuttering is bad m'kay?

Last edited by KnightPT; 06/06/10 11:33 PM.
veteran
veteran
Any chance of a third expansion pack after this one? (or an alternate view? (like rhode's pov)

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
A
veteran
veteran
A
Personally, I would like to see Rhode ? Rhoda ? (I used to call her "Rhonda") - or what was her name ? - in a possible third expansion as well !!! wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Morbo
Any chance of a third expansion pack after this one? (or an alternate view? (like rhode's pov)

Third?
Isn't this the first one?

enthusiast
enthusiast
So Larian anounces a 20+ hour expansion and your first reaction on the forums is "can we have another?" lol... sorry i couldnt resist wink

old hand
old hand
I'm looking forward to make up with Rhode.

Originally Posted by virumor

I, on the other hand, hope that there's an option to kick her ass.

I lost all respect for her when she threw away the dragonslayers during the confrontation at Maxos' Temple. On one hand, she obviously suspected that the Dragon Knight would be a handful (otherwise, why would she leave three men to fight one man who is still suffering from partial "skill amnesia"?). On the other hand, she made herself perfectly safe by conveniently trotting off. That, or she didn't have the guts to do her own dirty work. The Dragon Knight was HER pupil after all - the least she could have done is face him herself if she was so intent on killing him.

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
old hand
old hand
I like to think she trotted off because she put her emotions before her duty (she cared too much about her pupil)... but of course in reality it's because Rhode was probably a level 30-40 character and would henceforth kick the dragon knight's ass in a second at that point.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by virumor

Am I the only one to read this as 'make out'? Oh dear. Time for the confession booth.............

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
It looks quite well, I'd love to know what happened to Rhode, Belagar (sp?) etc.. but having finished the game today I'm hungering more for vengeance, which we will hopefully get in Flames of Vengeance.

Having played Divine Divinity (I was quite a bit younger back then, so I do not remember it completely. I was 12 or 13 I believe) Divinity 2 is a huge improvement, except for the terrible ending. so I hope you guys 'll fix that in Flames of Vengeance, and the ONE thing I am praying for, is that the Dragon Knight will NOT die at the end, whatever the ending may be. I know the site says "Concluding the Dragon Knight's tale" which means we wont be seeing him/her in Divinity III anymore, but PLEASE do NOT kill him/her, make a (SEMI) good ending for a change, I don't mean the "We saved Rivelon, Hurray - alls over" kind of ending, but a little more positive wont hurt..
(Divine Divinity's ending per example was better then Divinity 2, but I LOVED the dragon element in Divinity 2 - which made it a better game imho, if you combine those 2 it'll be perfect!)

Whereas I bought Dragon Age when it released, finished it and STILL haven't bought the expansion (Don't feel the need to really) I'll be ACHING to buy the expansion for this game, so I guess in a sence this game kept me hooked more then the other dragon game released around the same period; Dragon Age. smile

Thumbs up, ga zo door zuiderburen. wink (You're Dutch speakers right, coming from Gent and all? smile )

Support
Support

I would guess the dragon knight lives, and leaves at the end to go study under Patriarch, or heads off on a quest to become a full dragon, or something. In the topic Disappointed mostly, Lar said "people who see the ending of Flames Of Vengeance smile", so that most likely excludes some kind of failure or noble sacrifice at the end to save the world.

If there is enough demand for a second add-on, there would need to be a new dragon knight, as flying is too much of a core feature to drop (and presumably dragons would have been exonerated and the slayers switched their attention back to Damian and the Black Ring).

Welcome to the forum. wave

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Thanks for the welcome,

And if there is indeed demand for a second add-on for Divinity II, and the Dragon Knight is still alive - there wouldn't be any reason not to include him/her as the main character right? smile

Except if he's inprisoned that is..

old hand
old hand
Your character from Ego Draconis returns for vengeance hence the title Flames of Vengeance. So what exactly do you think happens when you piss off a guy with a huge sword that can turn into a dragon? This is gonna be good...

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
addict
addict
This part

lead an epic zeppelin attack as a Dragon

I mostly interest in

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
I said 2nd add on, Flames of Vengeance would be the first one. delight

Page 2 of 2 1 2