Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
It's not part of the bandit quest, did that already. Outside the chappel is a locked cellar door, requires a key. I finished every other quest in this village, so I don't know what I missed here, if anything. How do I get inside?

Thanks!!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Nevermind, it's part of a Louis Stash quest I missed because I turned in the drunkards in the tavern, seems I can get it again only if I find Merril and talk to him now before troll kills him.

Last edited by ElektroDragon; 09/01/10 08:21 AM.
I can never save them they die in literally 1 second, are they supposed to die or something? :S

old hand
old hand
From the cut scene, they pretty much are dead meat. I usually have peace with them on the bar case and get them to open up the cellar. When done with louis stash quest, I will set them up by informing the liuetenant bout his soldier informing me on his storage and they will then be send to face the troll. I not sure there will a a troll waiting or not if those seekers are not being send out to kill trolls

apprentice
apprentice
Are there more such miss-able quest? 450 xp is a lot in the starting areas.

enthusiast
enthusiast
That door is opened by getting the quest "Louis' Stash" from Merril. When you confront the drunks in the bar..you have to make like its no big deal when Lieutenant Louis comes in and breaks it up.
You can then go to 2nd floor of the guardhouse and get the quest from Merril. The belt you find in the last room to finish the quest has +1 to Evade on it. It all hinges on NOT getting the drunks in trouble with the Lieutenant untill AFTER you get the quest DONE from Merril!

hehe

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Support
Support

There are more quests that can be opened or not depending on how you do other quests. For example, after helping Richard with some goblin hearts, he will ask you to do something else. If you refuse that quest, another option will be available later.

While 450 experience may seem like a lot at the start of the game, you really don't need to get the optimal solution for everything in order to do well in the game. Invest a skill point or two in Wisdom, or reload fighting goblins to try to get a heart out of every group of 2 or 3.

veteran
veteran
I have done the Louis Stash quest before with another character. This time around, the cellar door does not open. I waited a couple of levels before trying it; perhaps that is the problem. I have been back there several times, and also have reloaded a time or 2. Yes, I do have previous saves, I just don;t want to play all through the areas all over again just for a few items and a bit of experience. Any ideas?

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?
~Jeremy Bentham
Support
Support

Did you talk to the Seekers in the barracks, after telling Louis the disturbance in the Black Boar was not a big deal?

AFAIK there shouldn't be a problem waiting awhile after getting the quest to open the hatch... Did you turn them in to Louis for revealing his secret? That might get the hatch locked again.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you talk to the Seekers in the barracks, after telling Louis the disturbance in the Black Boar was not a big deal?

AFAIK there shouldn't be a problem waiting awhile after getting the quest to open the hatch... Did you turn them in to Louis for revealing his secret? That might get the hatch locked again.

Yes I talked to the Seekers in the barracks, after telling Louis the disturbance in the Black Boar was not a big deal.
No, I did not turn them in to Louis for revealing his secret.

~Jeremy Bentham
A
stranger
stranger
A
go to his room (Louis') and they are all mingling there, the drunken curs. talk to them and one of them tells you about Louis' secret stash. The rest is up to you after that.

veteran
veteran
Thank you. I did that and yet still can't get in.

~Jeremy Bentham
veteran
veteran
Aha! I forgot about the button on a nearby wall. Problem solved.

~Jeremy Bentham

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard