Next Thread
Print Thread
#414856 27/06/10 08:06 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So I've just started BD, with my hero as a warrior and the DK as a survivor, but I have trouble figuring out how trainers work. The imp in the starting dungeon is supposed to train survivor skills to level 10 for the one-time fee of 900 gold per skill, right? However, after paying the money the respective skills don't seem to go up even one point.

M I doin it rong?

SacredPath #414893 27/06/10 07:35 PM
Support
Support

Trainers can give you the ability to learn new skills, or raise the level cap of the skills you already know, but you still have to put skill points into any skills you wish to use.
For example, near the start of the game Fergus drops a book that teaches the Identify Equipment skill up to level 2, so you can have one character learn it (using 1 or 2 of their skill points). In order to learn higher levels, you must get the cap raised by a trainer. In this case, the weapons officer in the drill grounds later in act 1 teaches Identify Equipment up to level 5 (as does the temple smith in act 3), while Brian in the act 4 BF teaches it up to level 10.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #414908 27/06/10 08:54 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Ah thanks, so they only raise the cap. My guess was something like that but I just wanted to make sure it isn't bugged (I have the 1.49 patch installed). smile

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard