Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
stranger
stranger
S
So their basicly saying 360 owners have to re-buy their game. Thats a bit harsh, the new improvements had better be worth re-buying it.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Lar_q
And there you have it then - an X360 version is coming as well as something else for PC. Here's the announcement which is imminent:

"Today we are very happy to announce that this fall, Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga will be released.

Divinity II – The Dragon Knight Saga includes the complete and re-mastered adventure Divinity II - Ego Draconis , featuring new content and an improved engine, as well as the brand new adventure Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance

So, to avoid confusion - what we're planning on doing is :

Release Flames Of Vengenace seperately on PC
Release Ego Draconis (remastered heavily) together with Flames Of Vengeance on PC & X360 under the name The Dragon Knight Saga.

so i should just wait thell october buy the new one then ask you nicly...... ok sounds fine long as its not released on the 30th

S
stranger
stranger
S
so in order to buy the add-on we have to buy the edited version of EGO DRACONIS[DRAGON KNIGHT SAGA]
? is this some way of making forced money, spartan mentioned you would have to re-buy the game, so is it a way to help you save money and make it at the same time?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Couldn't they just have released Flames of Vengence and the patch on another disc for 360? Cause it kinda makes our purchase of Divinity 2 Ego Dragonis on 360 worthless.

enthusiast
enthusiast
A re-mastered version of Div2 seems realy realy nice, but i'm a little disapointed that in order to play it i need to buy the game again.

I know a patch will come to improve the graphical engine to the people who already own Div2, but that won't be all the changes in the newer version, and i'll always be gutted knowing there's a "better version" out there of one of my favorite games, and i can't play it (no, i dont like the idea too much of having 2 copies of the same game).

This is natural though, a lot of companies release GOTY editions or Directors' cut versions, but it always does sound like a scheme to earn a little more money from the fans, wich i dislike deeply.

Let's see how much it'll cost the new pack, i'll decide then if it's worth it compared to the FOV standalone smile

Last edited by KnightPT; 09/07/10 08:09 AM.
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The problem is that Flames Of Vengeance is too large to release as DLC, and we couldn't get a disc with just Flames Of Vengeance distributed on the X360 platform for a variety of reasons, not all of them good ones. The only two solutions where either the one we picked with The Dragon Knight Saga or not releasing it on Xbox360 at all. From there one it became a no-brainer, but I can sympathize that it isn't cool for people who already own Divinity 2 on X360.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lar_q
The problem is that Flames Of Vengeance is too large to release as DLC, and we couldn't get a disc with just Flames Of Vengeance distributed on the X360 platform for a variety of reasons, not all of them good ones. The only two solutions where either the one we picked with The Dragon Knight Saga or not releasing it on Xbox360 at all. From there one it became a no-brainer, but I can sympathize that it isn't cool for people who already own Divinity 2 on X360.

That's kind you sympathize with those people who have already D 2 on Xbox smile

I'm just happy there IS coming an Xbox-version at all !! delight
I would be very very sad and frusty and angry IF NO FoV comes on Xbox!!!

Now I'm hoping "The Dragon Knight Box" have some "Extra" for all the Xbox-players?
OR
the prize is not even higher than a averange new Xbox game? wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
A
veteran
veteran
A
"The Saga" box - I honestly don't know abot xbox prices - could be less than the main game - because it is kind of a "Gold" version of the game, like Gothic II Gold, for example, which also is the full game + the Add-On.

And "Gold" versions usually cost less. Just take a look at the "Platinum" version of The Witcher, which also costs less (and which is the first version of it I'm likely to buy).

"Gold" versions have a pro and a con :

- con : Should I rather wait until it gets released ?
- pro : it has EVERYTHING, then, plus perhaps a few tweaks (I'm speaking in general not just FOV-related)

The "con" point could make people rather wait and not buy the full main game.

So, any "Gold" version also has a tiny bit of risk in it.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Hi Alrik,

have you experiences with Gold box versions in the past?
I ask you it because of this:
have these "Gold" versions some EXTRA?
I mean : thinking about an item that is included in the Gold edition, for example a (big) poster!? A poster with the Dragon Knight Saga Logo on it or the logo of FoV or maybe a poster with some pictures of the "Artwork" (making of ... ) or ... a CD included (I can play in my cd-player also) with a "soundtrack" on?

That will be very great delight !!

The prize lesser than a averange Xbox game? ...
No problem ... I should wait, spare some extra goldcoins :hihi: ... and in octobre ... I hope I collect enough oops oops ... goldcoins ...

Last edited by Joram; 09/07/10 11:06 AM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
I'm assuming that the PC version of Flames of Vengeance will also make some changes to the base Ego Dragonis game, and I won't have to buy the Dragon Knight Saga for PC?

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Joram
Hi Alrik,

have you experiences with Gold box versions in the past?
I ask you it because of this:
have these "Gold" versions some EXTRA?

Aren't they common in yiour country ?

There are basically 2 kinds of "Collector's Editions :

1. the obne that comes out together with the first release of the game
2. the one that comes out when the product-lifecycle if dwindling rapifdly, other name : "Gold" Version

These "Gold" Versions like the one for Gothic 2 usually have more tweaking, are in general more polished, and in rare cases have additional material in them, like in Drakensang 1 Gold, which contains a few more items and a few more receipes (but not many).

"Gold" versions usually represent the last product at the end of a product life-cycle. It's the last, most bugfree and most polished thing, usually.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
I'll gladly be buying it again for the updates and expansion. All I am waiting for is a US release date.

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Im a bit confused, Lar_q posted that the release date in Europe will be October 2010, but the faq on the Flames of Vengeance website lists the release date in Germany as mid-August and the rest of the world as October 2010.

If I remember correctly, the faq only listed "summer 2010" as the release date about a week ago. So does that mean the release date for everywhere, including North America, is October 2010 or is there a typo somewhere?

Dae

Last edited by Dae; 10/07/10 03:52 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Oh well ,I would have picked this up at launch, but now you expect me to purchase the same game just for an expansion.NO WAY! Not with better games like Fallout New Vegas,Fable 3,and Arcania a gothic tale all coming out in the same month.I will just wait until I see this in a bargain bin , and Im sure that wont take to long.

stranger
stranger
New Vegas has a better than even chance of being good.

Arcania will be crap. A JoWood 'Gothic' game without Piranha Bytes...

Fable 3 will be trash also. More of the same, only this time you can buy items ingame with real life money [exciting feature!!!].

- I can see why you're annoyed. But Larian don't really have a choice unless you actually want a cut down game. The expansion is too big for a console DLC.

Last edited by Robynah; 10/07/10 05:43 AM.
Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I can see where youre coming from, starting in october, I am literally going to have to buy a new game every 2 weeks until march 2011 just because the developers decided to amass all their releases in Q4.

But if the changes are actually as dramatic as theyve been described, I really dont have a problem buying the Saga set, right along with New vegas, and the new assassins creed and red faction games.

Has the "remastered" version been fixed to address the statue problem in keara's fortress? Third play through and they still wont talk to me...id like to eventually fight her hahaha

Last edited by Dae; 10/07/10 05:25 PM.
stranger
stranger
Just wished I knew what the "dramatic" changes in the original were for Saga. Since I already own D2 (and thus supported the devs), I admit Saga leaves me torn. I could just buy FOV since I'm on PC.

D2:ED has been my favorite game this year, but would appreciate more details on the "changes".

Support
Support

One of the Larians stated some time ago that the next patch would include the fix for the missing statue text in the US release of the game, so that will be included in FoV/DKS. The clues they should give, as well as the solution (in a spoiler), are given in the topic below, so you can still name the statues.

Keara's statue names

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Robynah
Arcania will be crap. A JoWood 'Gothic' game without Piranha Bytes...

Quite some prejudices you have, don't you ?

I doubt it will be a "Gothic" game, but it might very well be a good RPG nevertheless.

--Dilbert cartoon

Agreed, Alrik. The game looks great to me. I'll be picking it up, and I'll be getting Two Worlds II as well.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard