Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
stranger
stranger
S
Are savegames from the original compatible with The Dragon Knight Saga?

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I want to say ive seen this confirmed via forum posts. Anyhow, heres the question pasted from the FOV faq:

Can I continue playing with my character from Divinity II - Ego Draconis?

Yes. You can load any savegame you have from Divinity II - Ego Draconis and continue playing. When you reach the end of Divinity II - Ego Draconis, the story will automatically continue and your character will keep all of its stats, items and skills.

I think I might just start a new character in Ego Draconis and play through to tour the modifications to the first game. Im really curious in just how extensive the new version is.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I must ask, how modified is the new version of Ego Dragonis and what are the major changes besides the new engine?

P
stranger
stranger
P
I have never paid for the same game twice in all my years of gaming. But I might just make Divinity 2 the exception. Will the improvements on the xbox 360 be as drastic as they will be on the PC? Hopefully more so since, as much as I love the game, the xbox 360 version is terribly unpolished.

Last edited by Panda X; 11/07/10 08:12 AM.
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Panda X
I have never paid for the same game twice in all my years of gaming.

I did so - a few times, but only for a a few HEAVILY reduced games.
It was mainly so because I found out that the last "low-budged version" of a game sometimes has the copy protection / disc check removed. Example : CAESAR III by Impressions.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
plz tell me something am i going to have to buy a new game for all this updates and the add on or can i still use my divinity 2 ego draconic game disc and download a dlc or buy a disk and install it????

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
Support
Support

There will be a patch released for D2:ED with some/most of the engine updates and, of course, the bug fixes, etc. FoV will be released separately for the PC. With the Xbox version, FoV is too large for DLC, and Larian could not get it distributed as a separate disk, so it will only be available as part of the DKS release.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Will the patch be for the Xbox 360 version also?

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
From what I have gathered from this thread and the FOV faq, the patch will only be available for the PC version of the Ego Draconis, along with the FOV addon.

Since FOV is too large to be distributed as DLC, the new, patched version of Ego Draconis and the Flames of Vengeance addon will be only sold together as the Dragon Knight Saga for Xbox 360 users.

journeyman
journeyman
I stumbled upon info that Focus Home Interactive is publisher of Dragon Knight Saga and not dtp. Does it mean that Larian is now developing for Focus and both DK Saga and separate FOV will be published by Focus?

I hate to say this, but all the more reason to play RPGs on PC, not console...

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I used to feel the same way, but eventually I got tired of having to upgrade my graphics card, ram or motherboard and spending hundreds of dollars just so that I could play the biggest and baddest new games.

Its just so much easier and cheaper to use a console because it allows the developers to build their games with the capabilities of the machine in mind, rather than having to build a game capable of being run on the majority of pc's. IMO, games built for consoles can be finer tuned than games which have to cover a base of pc's which will have very different components.

Support
Support

Actually, the patch should be released on Xbox, as well (especially since non-US releases didn't get the 1.03 update). The D2:ED patch and FoV were intended to be released separately from the start (though of course FoV would also include the changes in the patch), so not being able to release FoV as DLC doesn't mean the patch would have to be canceled.

old hand
old hand
They will upgrade the current XBox version. Their most devoted customers are the ones that bought the original version and it be beyond foolishness to "stick them" with the older version and make them buy DK Saga.

The problem with Console games is that after buying an Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS and finally the PSP might as well stick to a computer. There are games I'd like to play on all those systems. I'll gladly upgrade a PC every 3 years and most likely sell off the old one in a want ad.

I agree that console games are more fine tuned and less of a compatibility issue... but just too damn many to have to get to purchase to play all the different games. The previous generation of console systems burned me out... just killed my wallet too much and this generation? *makes a sound that your not too sure what it is, but doesn't sound anything pleasant*

Last edited by LightningLockey; 13/07/10 07:42 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dae
I used to feel the same way, but eventually I got tired of having to upgrade my graphics card, ram or motherboard and spending hundreds of dollars just so that I could play the biggest and baddest new games.

Its just so much easier and cheaper to use a console because it allows the developers to build their games with the capabilities of the machine in mind, rather than having to build a game capable of being run on the majority of pc's. IMO, games built for consoles can be finer tuned than games which have to cover a base of pc's which will have very different components.

I also got tired of having to upgrade my computer !

When I first heard Larian brings Ego Draconis out on Xbox, I bought a Xbox :hihi: ... so I have no problems with upgrading my pc!
And I'm happy I did it this way! I haven't had no big problems at all with my game on Xbox (Europe version).

And I agree with Dae about the pro's with a console.
Okay, a pc have also benefits, like more quickslots with the F-keys ... and if you have the best of the best pc (but for how long???), the graphics are mostly better than on console ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Raze

Actually, the patch should be released on Xbox, as well (especially since non-US releases didn't get the 1.03 update). The D2:ED patch and FoV were intended to be released separately from the start (though of course FoV would also include the changes in the patch), so not being able to release FoV as DLC doesn't mean the patch would have to be canceled.

I hope they do.
They promised the 1.03 patch and we never received it.
And since FOV will be bundle with ED it looks less likely.
But we'll see.

addict
addict
Arcania: Gothic IV, Two Worlds II (supposedly just got pushed from September), and Fallout: New Vegas are all set for an October release. Now we have this also coming in October. My question is, have RPG developers gone completely mad? We get nothing for so long, then they all bombard us at one time.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I guess you could always buy em as you play em. Maybe by the time you hit the 3rd or 4th game, the price will have been marked down. wink

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dae
I guess you could always buy em as you play em. Maybe by the time you hit the 3rd or 4th game, the price will have been marked down. wink

I'm talking more about the business side. I can actually afford them all since I have them on pre-order (except for The Dragon Knight Saga, which has yet to receive a listing on most shops), but most people can't. Clogging up the system with games in the same genre isn't such a good idea. Everyone will fall victim to New Vegas.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Aye, New Vegas will be a hit if it can manage to live up to whats expected of it after fallout 3 and its' dlc.

I dont know what to say about all the similar release dates, though it does seem that wouldnt be the best thing for profits...and i vote we change the topic before someone important decides a december release of DKS would be better than an october one hahaha

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard