Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tarro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Somewhere in the first hour of D2:ED gameplay, a NPC comes up to you asking to sell you a real estate offer.

Was that just a con artist, or is there more to him than meets the eye?

(I feel like there has to be some secret to him I never quite figured out.)

veteran
veteran
Con artist. That's all there is to him.

T
Tarro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
That's disappointing :-(

veteran
veteran
The most disappointing thing is that you don't have the option to kill him. I don't care if I'm playing a pure noble paladin of virtue, if I had that option, I would take it every single time.

A
veteran
veteran
A
So, you want to kill everything/everyone that annoys you ?

I think this was meant to be as a learning lecture : You can be fooled. By anyone.

And : "Wise after the event".

Learning lessons consist of the fact that you know how an orange tastes only AFTER you have bitten into it ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Support
Support

Oh, come on... Didn't you at least want to threaten the guy by the third time he hits you up for money?

evil

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
So, you want to kill everything/everyone that annoys you ?

I think this was meant to be as a learning lecture : You can be fooled. By anyone.

And : "Wise after the event".

Learning lessons consist of the fact that you know how an orange tastes only AFTER you have bitten into it ...

*Sigh* Lose your attitude.

I want to kill him because:

1) There are so many loading screens and the manual which hammer in that you'll be getting in a Battle Tower that not a lot of people will fall for his pitch in the first place, so people who get fooled should really know better. I was never fooled for a second even the first time, and refused his offer outright. But oh no, that wasn't enough annoyance for Larian, they had to add more.
2) When you refuse his offer, he gets more annoying and gets belligerent with you, and it takes a few conversation choices to end the conversation with him.
3) He gives you the pitch not once, not twice, but THREE times, all of which are UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES. Larian put in THREE UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES whose only purpose, essentially, is to annoy the player (whether you refuse or accept, you get annoyed either way). He deserves to die for the sin of POINTLESS unskippable cutscenes.

also he is an npc in a videogame and not a real person so it doesn't matter if i kill him or not

veteran
veteran
I laughed with this guy, really! :hihi: ... It was not annoying for me, just fun to make him angry because I do not take his offer (a house) .. hahaha .. all because I know his minds ! wink

So you see, one gamer go angry, another gamer find it fun!! A big difference and Larian know the players of their games should react different !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
If you really want to kill him, I have a version of the game I can sell you for only $500.00.

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?
~Jeremy Bentham
A
veteran
veteran
A
The guy is - by the way - a hint towards a jolke of the very first Divinity game. In it, there's a trader selling stuff for 500 Gold.

And this is - as so often - another hint ... In all Divinity games there are several NPCs named after forum members.

Like that trader from the first game.
He ist still in the forum, and at one point during the development of the first game a kind of insider's forum-joke evolved that if he sells anything, he wants exactly 500 gold for it.

So, the NPC from Divinity 2 is kind of an echo of this trader from the first game.
And the kinds of stuff he sold.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
apprentice
apprentice
I got sick of the guy too......I just don't use the bridges. there are a few places where you can also jump across.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
I tried to buy the house from him, all 3 times, and of course I just tried to buy the house that was already occupied, I was pretty sure it was a scam, but I felt sorry for Willy. And actually

you get a chance in FoV to get revenge if you so choose as he needs your help, and you can actually help him, or side with the guys out to get him

Reality is but a shadow of one's imagination, is it not?
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I found Willy irritating from the outset and was suspicious of him before he tried on something that was obviously a scam. Not that I'm claiming any great insight, I just didn't like him! I rather enjoyed being able to repeatedly tell him to bugger off. grin

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard